Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

A criminal investigation has been launched into Craig Whyte’s takeover of Rangers last May.

On Monday the Crown Office confirmed its investigation into alleged criminality follows a "preliminary police examination of information" handed to them by Duff and Phelps administrators.

Mr Whyte purchased an 85% stake in Rangers from Sir David Murray for £1 in May 2011.

He used a £25.3m deal with London firm Ticketus for future season ticket sales to effectively fund his takeover through wiping out the club's £18m debt to Lloyds Banking Group.

In a statement, the Crown confirmed the investigation was now under way after Strathclyde Police carried out enquiries into information handed to them by the administrators of Rangers FC plc. Duff and Phelps are due to be replaced in their role in the coming weeks by independent insolvency firm BDO, which will liquidate the club after being chosen by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

The Crown stated: "The investigation into alleged criminality follows a preliminary police examination of information passed to them in February this year by the club administrators.

"The Procurator Fiscal for the West of Scotland will now work with Strathclyde Police to fully investigate the acquisition and financial management of Rangers Football Club and any related reports of alleged criminality during that process."

Mr Whyte has denied he took part in any criminality in his takeover and subsequent management of Rangers. When he appointed the administrators on February 14, having made a move to do so at the Court of Session the previous day, the club was £14m in debt to HMRC having not paid any PAYE or VAT in the previous nine months.

The businessman also confirmed last year that he had previously been banned from holding a company directorship for seven years in 2000. He threatened to sue the BBC over a documentary last October that revealed the ban.

Mr Whyte was earlier this year banned for life from holding a position in Scottish football and was also fined £200,000 over various rule breaches, including bringing the game into disrepute. He claimed the punishment procedure carried out by the Scottish FA was a "farce" and that he would not pay the fine.

ok bare with me.

I'm about 20 pages behind having been out the country and internet free for over 2wks.

So the Huns were/are being liquidated after the creditors told them to get to fuck.

Several huns are now jumping ship to save their careers.

UberCunt McCulloch, however is staying, cunt.

United, Hibs and Hearts are all voting No.

Well are putting it to their fans so will vote No.

AFC seem to be edging toward no but for some reason are prevaricating about announcing this.

So basically almost no chance the huns will be in the SPL.

Dundee promoted??

From my facebook feed I see suggestions Rangers (or what ever they are now called) may get into the First Division, just how is that going to work?

How are Rangers (deceased) fans taking all this?  Has there been any lynchings, marches or Sandy Jardine rants that I've missed?

Oh and what happened to the SFA punishment that got overturned by the Court of Session (or is that now academic as Rangers (deceased) no longer exist??

I dare say most answers are above somewhere but I'm a lazy fecker.

Cracks showing in the newco already. Events of last couple of days (valuable players leaving under freedom of contract) and today's effective confirmation of their losing SPL status means their revenue streams are all but set adrift and their business plan in absolute tatters.  Speculation is rife that Green will be forced to sell on and quite possibly at a loss, unless he puts Ibrox and Murray Park up for sale - and that's before HMRC force him to do it.

Naismith, Whittaker and Aluko leaving probably takes a good £5m of potential transfer fees out of the equation.  If Davis and McGregor go, they'll be well and truly fooked.

It just keeps getting better and better.

Just off the phone to a hun mate who is usually pretty sensible and is reasonably intelligent.

They just don't get it.  Going on about how he doesn't see how this helps the Scottish game, it's going to ruin it, what fun they'll have the the 3rd div and how it will be great for all these wee teams having the Super Rangers visit every other wk.  Thinks that a competitive spl is only about rangers and celtic competing for the title, didn't seem to have even realised that this institutionalised hegemony is what is/has killed the game in this country and is what we are most upset about.

Just off the phone to a hun mate who is usually pretty sensible and is reasonably intelligent.

They just don't get it.  Going on about how he doesn't see how this helps the Scottish game, it's going to ruin it, what fun they'll have the the 3rd div and how it will be great for all these wee teams having the Super Rangers visit every other wk.  Thinks that a competitive spl is only about rangers and celtic competing for the title, didn't seem to have even realised that this institutionalised hegemony is what is/has killed the game in this country and is what we are most upset about.

I just had a wee scout on raingersh Meedja, exactly the same reaction.  :hammer:

Everyone jumping aboard now

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=2060

The ongoing uncertainty surrounding Rangers has been an unwelcome distraction which has had an adverse effect on both participating SPL Clubs and Scottish Football in general.

The present economic climate has made it extremely difficult for anyone involved in football and any reduction in income will have a serious impact on this Football Club.

Notwithstanding the potentially damaging financial implications, the Board believes that sporting integrity should not be sacrificed in favour of economic expediency.

Over the last few weeks there has been a mounting groundswell of opinion amongst our fans which has clearly shown that the vast majority of our supporters would not favour an application by newco Rangers to the SPL. This has simply reaffirmed the Board's position.

It is important that a clear and unambiguous message goes out from the custodians of Scottish Football that this sort of scenario should never be allowed to happen again.

As a result, St Johnstone Football Club will not support an application by newco Rangers to join the SPL.

We would urge all St Johnstone fans to get behind the Club and offer their support in the challenging season which lies ahead.

:bandwagon: :bandwagon: :haterangers:

Which they weren't of course.

Of course not, the changes were announced at the start of the season that firstly there was going to be a play off that season and secondly that the league was being recconstructed to twelve so no relegation.  There is no argument from me that we were jammy and didnt get relegated because of it but how anyone could possibly question the integrity of it bemuses me something rotten

Of course not, the changes were announced at the start of the season that firstly there was going to be a play off that season and secondly that the league was being recconstructed to twelve so no relegation.  There is no argument from me that we were jammy and didnt get relegated because of it but how anyone could possibly question the integrity of it bemuses me something rotten

Wouldn't bother me too much but Motherwell are never mentioned when folk speak about teams avoiding relegation on a technicality.

Celtic's silence is intriguing me. They missed the meeting at Milne's house; they did get an invite and yet chose to not meet the other clubs.

I'm almost certain they'd vote yes and the other clubs are forcing their hand here.  A "yes" Celtic vote is horrendous pr for them hence the request for a secret ballot. They could lose a fortune in lost ST sales.  Are the "other 10" effectively bullying the tims?