Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

Got to say, I'm leaning towards this view as well.

Concerned about calls for this to be a secret ballot.

If you've got fuck all to hide, then you have no reason to hide behind the ballot box.

Want this out in the open, fans of ALL clubs have a right to know who is with them or against them

Celtic will be pushing for a secret ballot.

Well if everyone else is committed to an open vote then they can just fuck off :thumbsup:

Like Kow however I can see certain others caving in ::)

I think a lot will depend on the SFL meeting today. If the consensus from them is third division, I don't see how we can just drop them back into the SPL. That could see severe consequences.

One SFL chairman has told Sky that the huns taking a "year out" is probably the best option.  They could go interrailing round Europe or something, do a bit of voluntary work...

Anyway... I still think this could all be irrelevant as there just won't be a huns next season in any guise.

I think a lot will depend on the SFL meeting today. If the consensus from them is third division, I don't see how we can just drop them back into the SPL. That could see severe consequences.

One SFL chairman has told Sky that the huns taking a "year out" is probably the best option.  They could go interrailing round Europe or something, do a bit of voluntary work...

Anyway... I still think this could all be irrelevant as there just won't be a huns next season in any guise.

Said weeks ago, that i didn't think the Huns would be playing football in any Scottish league season 2012/13.

Short of just disappearing once and for all, still think that is the next best outcome.

What happens if they take a sabbatical?

Are we saying they then enter the SFL Div3 next yr? If so what happens in the interim, which league runs one team short?  Or do we plan reorganisation for next season to allow NewCo in at some as yet unidentified level?

Do they come back in a year and join the Juniors?

What happens if they take a sabbatical?

Are we saying they then enter the SFL Div3 next yr? If so what happens in the interim, which league runs one team short?  Or do we plan reorganisation for next season to allow NewCo in at some as yet unidentified level?

Do they come back in a year and join the Juniors?

I don't see how the "year out" option is a viable one. For a start, the Newco still won't have 3 years audited accounts. If it is true that Spartans are applying for the place (and it is rumoured they are being actively encouraged to do so by senior teams) then there is no scope to go with a one team down scenario - of course the decision could be that none of the clubs applying are fit to take the remaining place, but if that's the case, why would the Newco be able to fulfil the criteria a year down the line when they've had zero income for more than 12 months?  Would the SFL then accept Spartans, making it clear it was a carve up in the first place?

It's now or never. If they don't get accepted to the third - and I am not convinced they will, they are defunct. Dead. No longer.

Fingers crossed.

It's now or never. If they don't get accepted to the third - and I am not convinced they will, they are defunct. Dead. No longer.

Fingers crossed.

Wishful thinking Bobby, but think we all know this isn't going to happen unfortunately

If Sevco 5088 Ltd gain admittance to SFL3 I would expect a challenge from the likes of Spartans etc. as Sevco 5088 Ltd. do not meet the criteria set out in the SFL rulebook.

The only way Sevco can realistically gain entry to the SFL is by a change in the structure whether that is by altering the setup i.e. more teams and changing the rules regarding accounts etc. (whether this season or next) and/or creating a pyramid system with relegation and promotion to and from the SFL.

It'll be a carve up whatever happens.

The best thing that could happen from the fans point of view would be for a group of them to come together and set up a new club like AFC Wimbledon did, and do it properly on their own terms and to stop looking for or expecting favours.

We (everyone involved in Scottish football) all need to take a step back, and stop looking at this as 'the Rangers situation'.

They are (were) one club in forty-two. Far more than forty two if we adopt a pyramid system and allow all clubs to rise and fall on their own merit.

This kind of protectionism, in which a future cannot be conceived in with things operate differently cannot, must not, be allowed to stand.

Thus any question of Rangers playing in the SPL/Div 1/Div 3 becomes irrelevant.  Rangers are utterly and self-evidently unfit to join any league by the start of the coming season, so they no longer figure in the equation of Scottish football.

The really interesting sitution, from my point of view, is the reaction of the so called 'blazers' and sections of the print media to this debacle.

To me, no longer is the question, "What happens to Rangers?", but "What happens to Neil Donaster (and by extension the SPL hierarchy)" and "What happens to Jim Traynor (and by extension the whole festering cesspool of entrenched self-serving hacks who post copy in central Scotland).

I see Murray no 3 (I think) has read out an 'apology' on behalf of the rangers! Apologising for what I'm not sure, but clearly not for 20 years of cheating. Looks like  they seem to think a half arsed apology for going into administration is what we want!

Murray's statement continued: "On behalf of the new board of directors, I apologise unreservedly to all for the distress, disruption and difficulty inflicted on the football community, caused entirely by the actions of people who failed miserably to act responsibly during their stewardship of Rangers.

"All of Scottish football is now having to live with the consequences of that behaviour and every true Rangers fan will consider it a matter of deep regret that events at our club in the past have been the root cause of an extremely difficult time for Scottish football.

"The people who are now running Rangers Football Club want the club to move forward but we cannot do so until we have recognised how damaging to football the crisis at our club has been.

"We want to rebuild Rangers but we also want to ensure the club plays a role that is beneficial to Scottish football, the Scottish economy and Scottish life in general."

Doncaster tells the SFL meeting that we'd lose upwards of £17m from the game per season as all contracts (3 in total, Sky, ESPN and one other) need the huns in the top division.

Why's he telling that to the SFL? Makes no difference to them.  If they vote for Div 1 what happens in the intervening year before they are clearly, automatically promoted to the SPL? We all can't trade due to the huns not being there?

Fuck off.

One undeniable truth of the situation is that, when all is said and done, Neil Doncaster must no longer be a part of Scottish football. 

The man is a disgrace, as is all he represents within the game.

Even if Aberdeen vote against this circle-jerk of a proposal, I could not in good conscience contribute money to an organisation in which he holds office.  If he cannot be sacked by the member clubs, then all 11 should resign from the almost unredeemably tainted SPL and ask permission to rejoin the SFL (from the bottom if required).

The SFL chairmen who have spoken publicly seem to be the only players in the story capable of escaping this nonsense with any credible dignity.

Murray's statement continued: "On behalf of the new board of directors, I apologise unreservedly to all for the distress, disruption and difficulty inflicted on the football community, caused entirely by the actions of people who failed miserably to act responsibly during their stewardship of Rangers.

"All of Scottish football is now having to live with the consequences of that behaviour and every true Rangers fan will consider it a matter of deep regret that events at our club in the past have been the root cause of an extremely difficult time for Scottish football.

"The people who are now running Rangers Football Club want the club to move forward but we cannot do so until we have recognised how damaging to football the crisis at our club has been.

"We want to rebuild Rangers but we also want to ensure the club plays a role that is beneficial to Scottish football, the Scottish economy and Scottish life in general."

Fuck Sake!!

Doncaster tells the SFL meeting that we'd lose upwards of £17m from the game per season as all contracts (3 in total, Sky, ESPN and one other) need the huns in the top division.

Why's he telling that to the SFL? Makes no difference to them.  If they vote for Div 1 what happens in the intervening year before they are clearly, automatically promoted to the SPL? We all can't trade due to the huns not being there?

Fuck off.

He's shifted position on this a couple of times now.  He can GTF and his position is now untenable, and has been for a while.

The SPL should be speaking to other media organisations if Sky/ESPN are talking about pulling the plug.

Sky quote from 18 June:

“Sky has never, ever discussed pulling out of covering Scottish football.

“We have not discussed that possibility, either with the SPL or any other footballing authority. Nor has that been on the agenda for consideration within Sky, despite all the problems and difficulties being faced by Scottish football at present.

“If Rangers are not in the SPL, that would change things for us, naturally. It would leave a quality hole in Scotland’s top division.

Competition would deteriorate and, in that event, we would have to renegotiate.but let us be very clear we have always tried to be supportive of Scottish football and have never made any negative noises or sent any negative messages.

“Scottish football is still very much in our plans for the future. Walking away has never been on our agenda.

“We have, in the past, been asked for our opinions, but we believe that football should be run by the football authorities. We are a TV company.”

Regan has also said that the SFA will not allow Rangers into the SFL - must be due to the 3 years of accounts required.

Eh whit?

I got a text saying he said they wouldn't let them in the SPL.

If they are not allowed in the SFL then they aren't allowed in any league surely?