Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship

mizer

Eh whit?

I got a text saying he said they wouldn't let them in the SPL.

If they are not allowed in the SFL then they aren't allowed in any league surely?

Typo from Mizer I think as everything I have seen says SPL.

Don't see how they can let them in the 1st Div if they think they can't allow them in the SPL.As soon as this shite is done with Regan, Cockwomble and possibly Longmuir will have to fuck the fuck off.

Did think that myself. Surely if they are not fit for the top league then they are not fit for any league administered by the SFA.

Jim Spence ?@bbcjimspence Neil Doncaster tells sfl that Sky, Espn and sport 5 deals at threat as contracts require RFC in spl in 2013/14 value 17.35 mill

So hang on........the current deal doesn't but you Cockwomble went and negotiated the new deals which required some entity called rangers to be in the league.

So nobody loses money this season, in fact we make some more, and no clubs never mind 5 or 6 go bust.

This effects the SFL not on iota, the spl clubs have a year to renegotiate the deals and cut their costs accordingly.  Most clubs in the spl will have contingencies for relegation and a loss of all this money anyway.

And if this isn't the case how do you guarantee Seveo promotion (well presumably by suddenly finding favour in a bigger top league I suppose)

This was your financial armageddon?

Fucking do one

There's been murmurings of trouble at Rangers for at least three years. If he agreed to this contract in spite of this then he really has to walk.

Especially given that a senior SFA official told Alex Thomson that they shouldn't even have been allowed to enter last season's SPL.

"Football without fans is nothing" - Jock Stein

Do you think Regan and Cockwomble and the likes have ever heard this quote before?

Forget about the Sky deal, As has already been stated it is highly unlikely they will walk away altogether so to base his scaremongering 'statistics' on the entire value of these contracts is well wide of the mark. Do they think it is only people who want to watch Rangers and Celtic who have Sky/ ESPN football packages?

Given the strength of feeling on this issue from football fans of all clubs across all leagues in the country there WILL BE many thousands of fans who will turn away from the game here altogether should any application be dealt with in any other way than in a fair and proper manner. No-one is going to put a monetary value on that, but you can bet it blows Cockwombles £17M a season right out of the fucking water. Who will be buying Sky TV then? It's a fucking con!

dear christ

Jim Ballantyne said everything had been declared to the boards, and in any case the share numbers are absolutely miniscule. He said:

“I see no problem here at all” and “I cleared everything with the boards” and “You are talking about the tiny fragment of one percent of ownership and this involves absolutely no influence whatsoever”.

We say that may well be true, but would it not be sensible to divest all shares in any other club when running a different one, let alone the SFL itself, just in order to avoid any perceived conflict of interest?

“No – not at all. It’s never been raised at any board meeting,” said Mr Ballantyne.

“Well, I’m raising it now’ I said.

“Well, you’re not in football,” he replied. I cannot seriously think that the president of the Scottish Football League believes only football directors can take a view on this – not the fans, not the public and not journalists. But that is what he told Channel 4 News.

"Well, you're not in football"

I wish to fuck he was! A breath of fresh air and exactly what the sport in this country needs. Scottish football is a complete laughing stock (and probably has been for a long time).

It's fucking riddled with these corrupt bams. Hiding behind "the rules" while at the same time wanting them ripped up for one so-called club. The hypocrisy is truly astounding.

SFL to meet on Thur to decide whether Seveco get into the SFL (whatever that means)

Apparently it is now a simple majority vote (for whatever) so 16 votes needed to pass.

Current situation (as per P&B, back of envelope stuff):

Won't Vote Over Conflict Of Interest: Airdrie and Dundee.

Down to 28 voting.

No SFL1 Parachute for the Orcs:

Annan Athletic, Clyde, Dunfermline, East Fife, Falkirk, Morton, Peterhead, Raith Rovers, Stirling Albion, Stranraer.

18 left to get their 16 from.

Dithering but likely to be burnt at the stake by their fans if they vote "yes" after 1964 And All That:

Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Stenhousemuir.

14 left to get their 16 from!

Likely To Vote Yes Despite Denying Any Decision Has Been Made: Partick Thistle

"Dunno, Sir!"

Alloa, Arbroath, Ayr United, Dumbarton, East Stirlingshire, Elgin City, Forfar, Hamilton, Livingston, Montrose, Queens Park, Queen Of The South

Edit: Next Thursday not this Thursday

FFS fuck sake another week+ of this <facepalm>

Edit2: <sectarianist alert> Next Thursday is the 12th July </sectarianist alert>

Willie Miller: "Rangers should be punished for the mistakes they made. Fans of other clubs have made their views clear and most seem to want them to start life again in the Third Division. Going to the bottom rung of the SFL would help Rangers clean up their past errors.

"There has been talk of trying to find a way where a Rangers newco will be in the First Division. But clubs must listen to what their fans want to happen to Rangers. If the game suffers financially, so be it.

"Scottish football should not be reorganising just because of Rangers’ problems."

Willie Miller: "Rangers should be punished for the mistakes they made. Fans of other clubs have made their views clear and most seem to want them to start life again in the Third Division. Going to the bottom rung of the SFL would help Rangers clean up their past errors.

"There has been talk of trying to find a way where a Rangers newco will be in the First Division. But clubs must listen to what their fans want to happen to Rangers. If the game suffers financially, so be it.

"Scottish football should not be reorganising just because of Rangers’ problems."

All well and good but this isn't punishment for rangers (deceased).  They don't exist anymore.  This is seeing that the rules get applied to Seveco as they would to Spartans, Cove or anyone else applying to join the SFL.......taking of which Seveco haven't even applied yet so they better get their skates on.

Even though this all stinks to high heaven, I'm not at all surprised at Ogilvie.  Ballantyne was apparently seen at the Linfield v Rangers friendly wearing a Rangers Fighting Fund badge.  There is a disease inherent in so many involved with "Rangers" that is almost neanderthal and is most definitely pure unadulterated evil.  Turnbull Hutton's sentiments are so entirely spot on that the debate pretty much ends with his last word.  Whether "Rangers" exists as a legal entity or not, they are what their followers and sycophants make of them, in entirely the same way as fan power of the other 41 clubs will have their say.  I'm not even sure that they should be admitted to Division 3, there is a very real prospect of them re-entering administration very soon.  "Rangers" and all their sycophants must be buried.

wait and watch. Celtic behind this all the way

>:D

No danger they would do this as it's guaranteed to leak. They would probably abstain from voting.

There is no fucking way they are going to be in the SPL guys. Far too many folk give a fuck about this to let it happen.