Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Aye or No (New manager Mk IV)

mizer
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

eh?

"Craig Brown - 24 (12.8%)"

In my own view appointing Brown is only acceptable if we think both, that all we are aiming for in over half a season is to avoid relegation AND that the players we currently have are good enough for that - therefore only needing better coaching to achieve that target.

I don't believe either of those things.

I don't believe we should be so fatalist as to think that a longer term manager couldn't do at least as much as craigy broon in jan to fill the gaps in our squad that mean a run of results has us pushing up the table and actively strengthening in terms of pre-cons to build for next season. This is an over all failure I think sealed McGhee's fate. He was scrabbling about for players in the summer as if he was brand new to the job. He should've done more contract dealing before the season ended.

Finding players to fill the positions we so obviously need is our priority. Not doing this will mean we go down no matter who is in charge.

An 'until the end of the season' manager has no mandate to buy players in jan or sign on pre-con and would only attract players also until the end of the season. Leaving us up shit creek next season with A.N Other coach in charge who has no time to build a squad.

A manager of this sort would also virtually guarantee we cannot extend the contracts of those who are on a free in the summer. Other than Diamond I think we should be keeping these players. So Mr A.N Other would have an even more impossible job to do than otherwise.

Im not sure where your coming from MS. You seem to be suggesting that Brown would only be a 6 month appointment and there is nothing to indicate that this is the case. It may be that the board believe that a safe pair of hands for a couple of years may tide us over until another appointment needs to be made.

Im not sure where your coming from MS. You seem to be suggesting that Brown would only be a 6 month appointment and there is nothing to indicate that this is the case. It may be that the board believe that a safe pair of hands for a couple of years may tide us over until another appointment needs to be made.

If a 70 year old is anyone running our club's idea of a forward thinking appointment then we are utterly utterly fucked.

Typical Dons fans living in the past!  Jennifer Ellison is a borderline BBW these days, definitely creeping into Cts territory.  If that's not right, I'll give you the money myself. :)

You watched Celebrity Family Fortunes. Fact. It is in fact the top answer.

Back in the 80's Family Fortunes was good with genuine world class folk involved, probably never get back to that.