Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Hearts v Aberdeen

Kowalski

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't appear to have dealt with relegation before?

Just watched the first half so far, my god are we awful! It is so easy for Hearts. It's a surprise they were not more than 2-0 up at 1/2 time! Just look completely lost. I really hope the board provide him with the funds out of their own pockets, as I think if nothing is changed, this team will go down.

Vernon, Magennis and Howard were outside the ground after the game laughing and carrying on, it was an absolute disgrace and they clearly dont give a fuck about the situation or that we had just been humiliated.

We had retreated to a flat during the game as the hammering took place and and had regrouped with the guys who had stayed to the end and were heading back to the Roseburn and went past Tynecastle and stopped to see what the players et al had to say. Every other player we saw was clearly down outwith those three. Two of the more senior players stopped and spoke to us quite frankly for several minutes (I dont want to name them as they were being guarded to a point worried about being named), and intimated that we need to bring in quite a few players and that there was a serious problem within the team. Craig Brown left looking quite shocked and he had clearly been in the changing room with Knox for some while after the game. Vujadinovic was very apologetic and told us what most of us knew from point one that he was a centre back (he looked rather confused that we were asking him if he was a left back) and he thinks that he will be gone in January under the terms of his loan due to the dispensation we got to sign him. Sone stopped for a while too, and also apologised but was more interested in pointing out it was harming his career. Willie Miller didnt impress with his attitude but fair play to most of the players who did stop and say sorry to us. But the three of Howard, Magennis and Vernon need to be punted, we need players care and will play for the team not find a thrashing something they can dismiss then go have a laugh as soon as they leave the changing room.

Discussed the result with a friend last night and came to the conclusion that Brown and Knox seeing us getting tanked was, perversely, for the best.

At least they got to see the glaring deficiencies in the team and we didnt put in one of our out of the blue performances that would make a first time observeer think that everything is ok. They will have left with no doubts as to the size of the job that faces them and the poverty of the playing resources at their disposal.

What they do to improve matters is anybodys guess.

. Two of the more senior players stopped and spoke to us quite frankly for several minutes (I dont want to name them as they were being guarded to a point worried about being named), and intimated that we need to bring in quite a few players and that there was a serious problem within the team.

I admire your ability to get the players to open up and talk about the issues. I'm intrigued by the serious problem within the team, and have been speculating what that might be. Are they referring to specific players, and who could that be. I wonder if there could be conflicts between individuals such as Hartley and others, or specific positions, i.e. the fullback problem. Either way, hope its something that can be cured quickly, it has to be.