Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Pa Broon & Archie - confirmed on 2.5 year deals

BigAl

I'm already a little weary of this chat about 'short-termism'. Does any football fan of a mid to low level club really believe that long term commitment exists in any player or manager unless they are performing behind the curve ? YOu could appoint the youngest management team possible and fill your team full of youth players with a grand plan to 'build a side for the future' or to develop a strong management team over the next 5 years. The truth of the matter is that after 1 or 2 good seasons they are all likely to be off to a better deal elsewhere. There is no stability in Scottish football right now so what is the point in crying out for a longer term view ? Lets just hope that Brown and Knox can take some steps forward and see where it goes from there.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm already a little weary of this chat about 'short-termism'. Does any football fan of a mid to low level club really believe that long term commitment exists in any player or manager unless they are performing behind the curve ? YOu could appoint the youngest management team possible and fill your team full of youth players with a grand plan to 'build a side for the future' or to develop a strong management team over the next 5 years. The truth of the matter is that after 1 or 2 good seasons they are all likely to be off to a better deal elsewhere. There is no stability in Scottish football right now so what is the point in crying out for a longer term view ? Lets just hope that Brown and Knox can take some steps forward and see where it goes from there.

:clap:

Further to the Stand Free Ed bit this evening

Brown has no long-term future at AFC, will not be poached by a bigger club even if he does well, and will not win us the league, and therefore in those terms AFC have nothing to gain from it at all.

what a fucking cock. Aye, we have nothing to gain from being joint bottom?

That's amongst several other questionable quotes from the article.

STV's football centre or whatever it's fucking called... Craigan, Booth and Darren Jackson as guests. Good sense out of Craigan and Booth... speak to jackson and he says "Aberdeen fans have to take a step back and realise they won't win the European Cup Winners Cup..."

FUCK OFF YOU BRAIN DEAD SPASTIC

I concur!

I scared my wee dog when I suddenly started shouting (well more screeching tbh!) and swearing at the TV when Jackson came out with that pish!

Further to the Stand Free Ed bit this evening

what a fucking cock. Aye, we have nothing to gain from being joint bottom?

That's amongst several other questionable quotes from the article.

Aye - an awful article by all accounts. This is Craig Browns Aberdeen, you're either with us or you can fuck off.

A different perspective of the same mans career:

But let us look at the record. Brown was a successful manager of Clyde, Scotland and Preston North End. He won two second division championships with Clyde, and as Scotland manager qualified for Euro 96 and the World Cup in 1998. As Andy Roxburgh’s assistant, he has had experience of qualifying for the Euros in 1992. As a coach of the young squads, he led the under-21s to the quarter-finals of the 1988 UEFA championships and the semi-finals of the same tournament in 1992. In eight years as Scotland manager, he lost only nine competitive games.

Walter Smith ain't exactly the youngest manager in the world, and he clearly makes Rangers tick like no other manager can.

Until they go 6 matches without a single point, Brown/Knox will have my full backing. Finally, I'm starting to feel positive about the Dons again ... for the first time in almost three years

Was delighted to see this on the news last night in the pub. Was getting worried. Hopefully give us the stability we so desperately require. Very disappointed in stand free ed's comments as he's usually a very composed and articulate poster. That article is not what we need at the club. Each to their own I guess but I don't think we could have got a better appointment. Aberdeen fan in moaning for no reason shocker.

Did they send a copy of the contracts with the letter?  Oops.  :wave:

It's not quite that simple. There are grey areas in employment law surrounding contracts. By accepting a role and a wage you are essentially 'under contract' and have access to most employment rights. A paper version of your T&Cs is not as clean as it is sometimes presented. I suspect Motherwell will attempt to pursue compensation under these implied contract rules. The only positive is that Boyle is a fucking moron and will likely make a cunt of it.

I thought McGhee sounded like a breath of fresh air after JCs constant grunting and talking through his nose while juggling his balls in his pocket. He was direct and disciplined in his approach and talked up his position with a real sense that he meant business. Little did we know at the time that business was to be so utterly badly delivered I can hardly bring myself to think about it now.

Brown will be judged on his results. How he talks?.......well, meh.