Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Pa Broon & Archie - confirmed on 2.5 year deals

BigAl

Bullshit the younger players will get better without a Geriatric as their manager.

Sure i will back the manager but I still think its the wrong choice

Must go and look for the post when he became Motherwell manager to see what you all had to say then.

Our situation has changed considerably since then too, whereas your stupidity continues unabated.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullshit the younger players will get better without a Geriatric as their manager.

Must go and look for the post when he became Motherwell manager to see what you all had to say then.

Dear god man. Craig brown is held in nothing but utter respect in footballing circles. If there is ONE manager/coach in the british isles never mind in scotland that will get the  best  from our young players its craig brown. If they dont step up to the plate for him then they shouldnt be playing the game.

Dear god man. Craig brown is held in nothing but utter respect in footballing circles. If there is ONE manager/coach in the british isles never mind in scotland that will get the  best  from our young players its craig brown. If they dont step up to the plate for him then they shouldnt be playing the game.

I would say Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger may have better claims to that than Brown in fairness.  However, one of them is very much a ...

Geriatric

and the other is a baw hair away from being a

Geriatric

but even if they were our managers, obviously

the younger players will get better without a Geriatric as their manager.

What do you mean oh yes desperation

And as for the stupidity remark just shows how immature you are when people don't agree with you.

Desperation isn't really that far from the truth given our current horrendous position and this seems a pretty sensible appointment in those circumstances.

Desperate also applies to your contribution thus far to the thread, I see little reason to respond to an idiot in remotely mature terms, pointless particularly in view of your now expected level of uninformed pish.

Waiting  ???

Aberdeen Football Club can confirm Craig Brown and Archie Knox as the new football management team.

The pair, who had been working at Motherwell without a contract, have signed two and a half year deals, to the delight of Pittodrie Chairman Stewart Milne. "I don't think it's any secret Craig and Archie were our first choice and it's fantastic that they've agreed to come on board.

"It was important to confirm the new team as quickly as possible while at the same time ensuring we secured the correct people and it's only thanks to a great deal of hard work and determination over the course of this week that we've managed to conclude things so quickly. In particular, I would like to thank Duncan and Willie for their efforts this week in assisting me to persuade Craig and Archie their futures lay at Pittodrie.

"Neil Cooper and Neil Simpson, who have done an excellent job in the interim, will be in the dugout for tomorrow's match at Tynecastle with Craig and Archie being introduced to the media on Monday morning prior to taking their first training session."

The Dons Chairman also refuted claims the Club had acted inappropriately in their overtures to the new management team. "An agent contacted the Club last week with regard to Craig and Archie and we indicated we would be keen to talk. Craig subsequently informed Motherwell that Aberdeen were interested in speaking to him and the Fir Park club raised no objection.

"Motherwell's subsequent statement on Wednesday referred to the fact there had been discussions between the parties without any suggestion of criticism of ourselves and it was therefore a surprise to us and Craig to learn of the accusations of inappropriate conduct."

Welcome aboard, gents.

Hi Guys, new on here, just popped in to say I'm delighted to learn of the new management team. Fingers crossed they inspire our stuttering stars and we can start to climb up the league. Is Europe out of the equation?

Welcome!

I think our best bet for Europe now is probs the Scottish Cup but I guess it is still numerically possible.

Welcome aboard and well done to the board. As good as an appointment as we were likely to get, although some seem to be getting a little carried away.       

Interesting to read Ed's article on mad after his one earlier this week. http://www.aberdeen-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=607129

spot on and as for giving the young ones a run see the quote under

He has managed Clyde, Preston and Motherwell at club level to varying degrees but none which could be described as successful.

His time in charge of the Scottish national team is seen with the benefit of hindsight as a massive success compared to everything that followed, but it is a persuasive argument that his policy of picking solid, unremarkable 30-somethings put back the youth development in this country by decades and led to dour, defensive and unspectacular football.