Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Jim Leighton re-appointed 'keeper coach

BobbyBiscuit

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmation from the BBC:

New Aberdeen manager Craig Brown will try to make former Livingston full-back David McNamee his first Dons signing.

The 30-year-old had been training with Brown's former club Motherwell with a view to a move there.

Meanwhile, Aberdeen legend Jim Leighton has been reinstalled as the club's goalkeeping coach.

Leighton was sacked by previous manager and former team-mate Mark McGhee in favour of Colin Meldrum but will resume his duties on Monday. The arrival of McNamee would lessen their dependence on 17-year-old Clark Robertson and their midfielders.

The Dons' only senior full-back, Ricky Foster, is on loan at Rangers and the club has been struggling to fill the right- and left-back positions.

McNamee started his career at St Mirren in 1997 and signed for Blackburn rovers two years later. However, he failed to break into the first team and joined Livingston in 2002.

During that time he was capped for Scotland by Berti Vogts and featured twice as a substitute against Bulgaria and Japan in Scotland's Kirin Cup win in 2006.

He has since had spells at Coventry City and Plymouth Argyle where he was released last summer.

Me? Not bothered reading anything on the matter on chat.

Spent my younger years in life at pittodrie watching jim leighton shank kicks and flap at crosses and have watched Langfield do the same over the passed sobbingly bad 5 years.

Its not a new coach we need - its a new fucking goalie and hopefully one who doesnt jump out of the way of the oncomming ball - i mean jesus-fucking-christ how people can still defend langfield after witnessing first hand his shitness is beyond me.

Me? Not bothered reading anything on the matter on chat.

Spent my younger years in life at pittodrie watching jim leighton shank kicks and flap at crosses and have watched Langfield do the same over the passed sobbingly bad 5 years.

Its not a new coach we need - its a new fucking goalie and hopefully one who doesnt jump out of the way of the oncomming ball - i mean jesus-fucking-christ how people can still defend langfield after witnessing first hand his shitness is beyond me.

Goalkeeping coach is a vital position, welcome back Jim. I take your point that you can't polish a turd though. No amount of coaching will replace that extra 5% of natural talent that sperates the better players.

Apropos to nothing, you were saying how shit Donstalk was this morning so the question is, what the fuck are you posting for?

Dude - The standard of goalkeeping since Kjaer left us has been rank awful! Its been a good 5 or 6 years since we had a solid keeper in the sticks!

There has been no decline since leighton left, but things certainly didnt change for the better or for worse.

Langfield has been murder ever since he came to the club - two goal keeping coaches havnt been able to change that.