Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Jim Leighton re-appointed 'keeper coach

BobbyBiscuit

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Jimbo left

Or after Anderson, hart and our best holding midfield player left ?

LOLZ but by all means Lets bring in Jim Leighton and imagine everything will be ok, part of the revolution after all.

I pray to god Langfield is one on the chop list and hopefully we can get a better keeper in the sticks

When Jimbo left

Or after Anderson, hart and our best holding midfield player left ?

LOLZ but by all means Lets bring in Jim Leighton and imagine everything will be ok, part of the revolution after all.

I pray to god Langfield is one on the chop list and hopefully we can get a better keeper in the sticks

That bit I agree with 100%.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but if you think Aberdeen Football Club will be getting 'better players' anytime soon then they are seriously deluding themselves.

The next couple seasons we might get players with better attitudes who will work for whichever guy happens to be in charge at the time but that's about it.

Milne isn't interested in 'better players'.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but if you think Aberdeen Football Club will be getting 'better players' anytime soon then they are seriously deluding themselves.

The next couple seasons we might get players with better attitudes who will work for whichever guy happens to be in charge at the time but that's about it.

Milne isn't interested in 'better players'.

I refuse to believe that, for the money we are paying some of those players, we can't attract better players.

I refuse to believe that, for the money we are paying some of those players, we can't attract better players.

Better players are all south of the border making a packet. There are also a fair few who have gone down there and been found out but still earned a packet.

The location of Aberdeen, 9-0 drubbings, no cups in decades and penny pinching all works against us. So we pay decent wages to shit players from the bargain basement and end up no better off than anyone else in the league and the downward spiral continues.

Whereas Langfield is clearly no world beater, he is more than adequate for the SPL. There are other areas of our team that need attention before we go find a better keeper (which i'm sure we could).

Langfield performed better when Leighton was here than when Meldrum was here, so i'm glad he's back.

Better players are all south of the border making a packet. There are also a fair few who have gone down there and been found out but still earned a packet.

The location of Aberdeen, 9-0 drubbings, no cups in decades and penny pinching all works against us. So we pay decent wages to shit players from the bargain basement and end up no better off than anyone else in the league and the downward spiral continues.

Hardly.  Take our goalkeeping position for an example. I could name at least 7 keepers in the SPL all better than Langfield.  It's not good enough, we could do a lot better for what we're paying.

There are clubs in far worse positions than us who seem to able to attract players who'd walk into our team.

Whereas Langfield is clearly no world beater, he is more than adequate for the SPL. There are other areas of our team that need attention before we go find a better keeper (which i'm sure we could).

Langfield performed better when Leighton was here than when Meldrum was here, so i'm glad he's back.

Whilst I agree there are other positions which need strengthening first a solid keeper is a must.  Langfield is not a solid keeper, he's a bottler.

I dont get this performed better under Leighton nonsense.

Langfield was dropped for Kevin Souter under leightons stewardship - surely it does not get any worse than that. I am not doubting Leightons abilitys as a coach - what i am doubting is the fact that it has any change to Langfields on pitch performances. He's up there with David Preece and Nicky Walker for sure.

No amount of coaching is going to make this guy any better, One wonders why we would make a reserve keeper number one anyhow - considering Esson doing well for himself up the road feel quite hard done by to have this clown as our number one.

If i was Craig Brown i wouldnt make the same Mistake as Calderwood and Mcghee by trusting this cunt with my job.

If we cant do better than langfield (a player of any age at the club or one we can get our hands on for free) what is the point in carrying on. Its like playing a man down all the time. A week Keeper creeps fear into the rest of the team.

Mark Howard.

I don't know if you are fishing but when you look at the quality of goalkeepers in the SPL outwith the old firm Langfield is not that bad.

Yes he makes some mistakes but then makes some great saves. There are no Andy Goram's or Jim Leighton's out there any more.

As someone said Langfield got into the Scotland set up ok just cause of injuries to other keepers, but he got there ahead of other SPL keepers.

Mark Howard is not a bad keeper - he has a better record than langfield this season - thats a fact - in every single department.

Langfield played 10

Conceded 27 (2.7 goals per game)

Won 1 game (at home to raith)

Lost 8

Draw 1

Clean sheers NONE

Howard

Played 10

Conceded 12 (1.2 per game)

Won 5

Lost 5

Clean Sheets 3 more than langfield

More Assists

More Clean sheets

Fewar goals per game conceded

More wins with him in goals

Lets not let facts get in the way of blind opinion though!

Did he get a game for Scotland? Loads of people are called up to the national team who are dirt, Kirk Broadfoot should be the prime Example of that.

The standard of keepers in the league is not that bad.

Cerny Decent keeper 3 Clean sheets

Howard signed as back up but still managed 3 Clean sheets

Paul Gallacher - Decent keeper - 1 clean sheet in 7 games

Mark Brown - Decent keeper - 2 clean sheets

Enckleman - Awful keeper - still managed 4 clean sheets though

Pernis - Doing quite well for utd - 3 clean sheets

Bell - having a great season with 5 clean sheets

Randolf - as above 7 clean sheets

Esson - not a great keeper but seems to be doing well for ICT 2 clean sheets

Kello - best keeper outwith the olf firm with 8 clean sheets.

Langfield NO CLEAN SHEETS