Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Worst ever Aberdeen manager - poll

Kowalski
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Miller, unlike McGhee he did like defenders. Was it the Skonta Riga game at Pittodrie we played with 7 defenders (possible exaggeration) in the team?

I don't think McGhee was a popular appointment but none of us could have guessed it would go quite this badly. Miller, however, should never have been allowed anywhere near the Aberdeen manager's job.

My own personal choice is Skovdahl. Always came across as a fine guy but the team were an utter shambles under him.

Really?

He inherited a team that finished bottom, being saved only by league reconstruction, and improved the league position each full season he was manager, reaching 2 cup finals in his first season, and leaving us unlucky to have been knocked out of the UEFA cup by Berlin.

I'd kill to have that kind of shambles at Aberdeen just now.

Really?

He inherited a team that finished bottom, being saved only by league reconstruction, and improved the league position each full season he was manager, reaching 2 cup finals in his first season, and leaving us unlucky to have been knocked out of the UEFA cup by Berlin.

Actually he inherited a team that finished 8th and then finished bottom in his first season only being saved from a playoff with falkirk because brockville wasnt up to scratch

Really?

No, he took the team to the bottom, he didn't inherit a team that was bottom.

Ebbe achieved just as much as Jimmy!

Well a better cup record, Won more games in Europe so might have ebbe a wee bit ahead :)

blue-plaid-mini-skirt.jpg

King Ebbe may have beaten both Moldovian greats Nistru Otaci and Irish giants Bohemians, but I recon King Jimmys draws against Bayern, Lokomotiv and Dnipro are more impressive. Not to mention his second half performance against Copenhagen where he managed to get more goals than in all 6 of King Ebbes games put together.

blue-plaid-mini-skirt.jpg

King Ebbe may have beaten both Moldovian greats Nistru Otaci and Irish giants Bohemians, but I recon King Jimmys draws against Bayern, Lokomotiv and Dnipro are more impressive. Not to mention his second half performance against Copenhagen where he managed to get more goals than in all 6 of King Ebbes games put together.

Depends on which way you choose to look at things! Might have scored more goals in 1 game but also conceded more  :thumbsup: Plus got a draw (should have been two) and a win away from Home in Europe! Much better than King Jimmys 1 *Lucky* draw  :wave:

Ebbe has a better record in Europe than Jimmy Calderwood.

Week on week Stoney you still manage to get the shittest post ever award.

Ebbe's cup record - 0 wins

Jimmy's cup record - 0 wins

Much like finishing in the top 6, losing isn't an achievement, or is it? I'm sure you will have some ill conceived argument already festering on the back burner stoney, the floor is yours.

But Europe? Behave yersel. 

Depends on which way you choose to look at things! Might have scored more goals in 1 game but also conceded more  :thumbsup:

Maybe something to do with the fact he played more games  :wave:

Plus got a draw (should have been two)

King Jimmy managed that against a better team.

and a win away from Home in Europe! Much better than King Jimmys 1 *Lucky* draw  :wave:

Now this I cannot possibly disagree with. Bohemians are by far a better team than either Panathanikos, Atletico Madrid or Bayern Munich.

Shame on you Jimmy, and your dross.

Can only compete with whats put infront of you. Ebbe did - Played three away from home 1 win 1 draw 1 narrow defeat, Scored 2 conceded 2.

On the other hand Calderwood played 4 draw 1 defeat 3 scored 2 conceded 11.

Boner indeed.

Ebbe's team contrived to lose to Bohemians at home for fucks sake stoney. Nothing else needs said in this, that was a horrendous result and claiming the win in the return leg is anything to shout about is just plain bonkers when we had to win by only two, and we couldn't even manage that against that shite.