Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Accies on wednesday

carlos

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to say, whoever the Accies no:3 was, you are an irritating little prick and delighted you got your just desserts ending up on ther losing side today. Appeared as if his purpose on the park was to wind up Hartley at every opportunity and stood in front of ball at free kicks, moaned, nipped away etc etc

Gavin Skelton. Never liked that cunt either mate.

fair enough, the reasoning is sound, i just hate seeing the pair of them as fullbacks as theyre so, so vulnerable

our team right now though is littered with players who arent good enough and it seriously pisses me off

Vuja most defnitely did not start left back

I know, Consi was out there apparently.

I find it thoroughly refreshing to see pretty clearly the thinking behind the team and the sense it makes, even if I don't necessarily agree with it.

A few days ago I was looking at these two fixtures - Hibs and Hamilton as games which could leave us cut a drift at the football of the table.  I was very pessimistic about our chances of picking up more than a point or two.  However these two wins have lifted my spirits so much. 

The football might be crap but it sounds like we've finally got ourselves organised for the first time in weeks.  I'd happily grind out 1-0 after 1-0 win until we were mathematically safe from relegation.

Keep it real though they are the two teams at the bottom of the league.

Dont want to be negative after two wins away from home but was about to post the same. Even McGhee managed wins against Hibs and Hamilton so fingers crossed that we show that we can get a result against one of the better teams although being the best of the three worst teams in the league will do for me if we stay up.

Can't help but agree, we're still poor in a lot of areas. In terms of pass marks, only really Bebo, Clangers for his tremendous save and Sone showed the kind of quality fans will come back to watch. Quality I'm sure we have and will see more of as confidence returns and Ifil says farewell to his time at the Pitt.

We seemed all out of sorts and for the last 30 minutes and played like a team more frightened to lose than brave enough to go on and win. Ifil didn't help and really seemed to unsettle everyone around him when he came on, least of all the fans.

No bleating (sic) about the 3 points though. Accies with their shite version of Andy Cameron trying to woefully rouse a quite frankly, shitty home support, played like spoilers, Skelton, Canning, Mensing and the normally affable Cerny tthe worst offenders.

Did we deserve to win a game under the previous Manager we would have lost?, probably, but only just.

Jack and Victor need to know the players a little better and are unlikely to start Folly in an area where he can't do most of Harley's running, which is just what we need him to do rather than try and be a creative wing man.

Young Mr Jack also showed a great appetite for the game while Vernon (despite the goal that sparked a memorable celebration) and Magennis, have and will have better days.

Let's hope that the first of these comes on 1st Jan. SF.

Really liked how Brown was suggesting that their arrival and two wins has been 'coincidence' and that the players have turned this around themselves. Fantastic man management to show such humility and give the players a sense of collective responsibility as well as opportunity to rebuild self-belief. Excellent.

Really liked how Brown was suggesting that their arrival and two wins has been 'coincidence' and that the players have turned this around themselves. Fantastic man management to show such humility and give the players a sense of collective responsibility as well as opportunity to rebuild self-belief. Excellent.

Probably my own favourite bit of the interview.

Shocking performance today but it's results we need just now. I can remember quite a few similar games under Calderwood where we played pish but somehow found the result. I really couldnt see us getting a goal but at the same time I never felt we were threatened much by Hamilton.

Vernon's performance seems to be up for debate today and I thought he was utter pish. Lost the ball far too often and seemed a yard off the pace.

Folly was positioned out on the right, as he was at the start of the 2nd half at Easter Road. Not his fault that he didn't make much of an impact there. We missed him in the middle as Young and Hartley were easily dragged  around the pitch leaving their midfield plenty of space to play in. Bringing Jack on was a good move as it meant we had a bit more energy in there and someone to get forward to support the strikers, which proved crucial.

Thought McArdle was poor today too. Too often he was beaten down the line and his distribution was awful. Magennis put himself about while up front but when put wide in the 2nd half he seemed to give up, that or he's just really unfit.

Aluko provided the spark we needed towards the end when we were stuck in a rut of lumping the ball up the field. When he got the ball to his feet he was always looking to take on defenders. Just hope he can produce more of the same over 90 minutes in the matches to come.