Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Accies on wednesday

carlos

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I cannot believe the support. I have seen the support when we have played against them while at Motherwell but I cannot believe that here we are in the afternoon and there is an official 1,300 down here. I mean, I've seen Hearts here and Hibs here, when we have been watching games here, and they don't fill that stand the way the Aberdeen fans do. If you win a game and please them then you feel very happy for the support because it is exceptional. They have lost 7 games in a row and we go to Easter Road and it is packed with Aberdeen fans and it is packed here at New Douglas Park with Aberdeen fans."

Craig Brown - thank you.

a man who says the right words and you actually believe them

"I cannot believe the support. I have seen the support when we have played against them while at Motherwell but I cannot believe that here we are in the afternoon and there is an official 1,300 down here. I mean, I've seen Hearts here and Hibs here, when we have been watching games here, and they don't fill that stand the way the Aberdeen fans do. If you win a game and please them then you feel very happy for the support because it is exceptional. They have lost 7 games in a row and we go to Easter Road and it is packed with Aberdeen fans and it is packed here at New Douglas Park with Aberdeen fans."

Craig Brown - thank you.

a man who says the right words and you actually believe them

Clear case of inspirational blindness.

Noted two comments from the commentator, he said how strong and solid we looked under the new regime, and Ifil was awkward and lucky to get away with some challenges.

Ah well, some good, some bad............ wee bit to go yet.

the commentator was talking out his arse.

we looked anything but strong and solid. we were as leaky and wasteful as ever, hamilton are just not good enough to punish us.

the 'awkward' challenge in the first half was in the midst of craig thompson penalising us for breathing in the vicinity of any accies player. that challenge in particular, the hamilton boy was holding onto ifil, tripping him and eventually fell because he tried to sweep ifil's legs away...but the freekick went their way!

the pen was just not a pen. wee accies player ran into ifil's path and fell over.

thompson was an utter disgrace on wed though. topped off by giving 2 mins stoppage time after 5 subs and constant time wasting. but oh we better not actually tell the truth about refs or they'll go away home crying to mammy.

Listening to the commentary on BBC Scotland, I got the impression that we were still relying quite a lot on the long punt upfield from defence hoping for a breakaway. Hartley was playing quite deep and as a result the midfield wasn't operating all that well.

If this is the case, then it will be interesting to see if the tactics change much for the Utd match at home.