Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Accies on wednesday

carlos

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd concur with booth. Thought he was shite throughout. Except when it mattered. And a few decent defence splitting passes.

First half in particular he held up the ball on a number of ocassions and released Magennis to run on in good position.

Magennis on the other hand looked like Darren Mackie with muscles

Bottom line regarding Vernon and the split of opinion.....he did exactly what was required off him when it mattered :thumbsup:

Forgot to say, whoever the Accies no:3 was, you are an irritating little prick and delighted you got your just desserts ending up on ther losing side today. Appeared as if his purpose on the park was to wind up Hartley at every opportunity and stood in front of ball at free kicks, moaned, nipped away etc etc

Those who didn't go didn't miss much today but ultimately I thought we were alright.  Hamilton were playing for a point from the word go and were petrified of conceding. We were no great shakes but at least we were trying to win the game.  Bebo was really good in spells and the whole team, diamond included, looked up for it.  Wasn't pretty but in a relegation 6pointer thy never are. surprised at booth slating vernon as i thought he did well. Stand free

First half in particular he held up the ball on a number of ocassions and released Magennis to run on in good position.

Magennis on the other hand looked like Darren Mackie with muscles

Bottom line regarding Vernon and the split of opinion.....he did exactly what was required off him when it mattered :thumbsup:

I agree with your comparison of magennis with mackie. That's exactly what I said after the hibs game. A lot of pace, can take defenders on but wouldn't score in a brothel. Actually, today he even struggled to take defenders on, often checking his run and looking for the pass. A very different player to the one I saw on boxing day.

Couple of great moments from the crowd, when Macnamee, Aluko and Ifil were warming up.

Firstly "full back, full back give us a wave" which he proceeded to do.

Secondly Ifil receiving the chant of there's only one David Haye. Even Sone was laughing and appluading that one.

Sone was just tweeting about that:

'Huge shout out to fans singing 'there's only one David Haye' at Jerel, was absolutely buzzing off it for rest of the warm up.Haha'

my first game in a while and christ, i now remember why

we really are not a good football team

we're still all over the place and craig brown has a big job to do

pass marks to langfield, diamond, vernon, aluko, maguire and young jack when he came on, the rest were dross.

considine is a calamity, folly was all over the place (including the right wing numerous times), and hartley as a footballer is finished. it pains me to say it, as hes definitely a great influence, but hes finished. his legs are completely gone, he has no pace and the game just passes him by

delighted by the last minute goal, as its exactly what scummy hamilton deserved.

aluko coming on seemed to coincide with a change in tact from our team and we definitely got out of jail

Booth, Richard Gordon and Derek Ferguson said we looked vastly improved and organised.

Folly was positioned on the right hand side, no surprise he didn't impress.

Hartley was excellent against Hibs but the commentary suggested he had a more withdrawn and defensive role today, I wasn't overly keen on the line in midfield today given Folly wide and Young and Hartley in the middle, distinct lack of pace which probably compounded how deep Hartley was.

Consi isn't a left back either but Brown can onlypish wi the cock he's cock right now.

You're right we aren't very good, the league tells it's story, but there's clearly been an improvement and I do not thnk we "got out of jail", a little over dramatic for a game which sounded like no-one was going to win it.

Booth, Richard Gordon and Derek Ferguson said we looked vastly improved and organised.

Folly was positioned on the right hand side, no surprise he didn't impress.

Hartley was excellent against Hibs but the commentary suggested he had a more withdrawn and defensive role today, I wasn't overly keen on the line in midfield today given Folly wide and Young and Hartley in the middle, distinct lack of pace which probably compounded how deep Hartley was.

Consi isn't a left back either but Brown can onlypish wi the cock he's cock right now.

You're right we aren't very good, the league tells it's story, but there's clearly been an improvement and I do not thnk we "got out of jail", a little over dramatic for a game which sounded like no-one was going to win it.

i cant believe that folly was actually told to play right mid, thats just odd.

consi most certainly isnt a left back, hes barely a centre back

why it wasnt vudja left back, diamond and mcardle centre backs and mcnamee or jack right back ill never know

mcardle and consi as our full backs is a joke

lets hope we bring in some right good players in january

i cant believe that folly was actually told to play right mid, thats just odd.

consi most certainly isnt a left back, hes barely a centre back

why it wasnt vudja left back, diamond and mcardle centre backs and mcnamee or jack right back ill never know

mcardle and consi as our full backs is a joke

lets hope we bring in some right good players in january

McGhee played Jack there, desperate stuff, McNamee clearly isn't ready in Broon's opinion, Vuja is a better left sided CH and thus less of a liability than Consi and McArdle in the centre of defence.

Broon said before the game he wanted experience throughout the team hence why the younger players were not considered, no saying he's right but that's the reasoning. Commentary consistently said that the physical strength the Aberdeen players had was giving them an advantage so perhaps there was more than just experience in Broon's thinking and just sheer physical attributes.

He brought the younger ones on later to good effect.