Managers in England

Stoke were 13th in the EPL and he gets punted? Do they expect them to be challenging for Europe with the team they have? Weird.

Pretty much sums up what is wrong with the Premiership.

A team like Stoke finishing mid table is an achievement in my eyes.

Expectation levels are rediculous at some of these clubs.

Pretty much sums up what is wrong with the Premiership.

A team like Stoke finishing mid table is an achievement in my eyes.

Expectation levels are rediculous at some of these clubs.

That's what our board says about us and we're all up in arms about being criticized for being ambitious. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

That's what our board says about us and we're all up in arms about being criticized for being ambitious. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Hear what you're saying but don't necessarily agree.

We are a bigger club in the context of our league, than Stoke are in theirs.

Accordingly I don't think our expectation levels are too high in Scotland.

Most supporters I know would be happy with top three or four year after year and the odd cup win. Given the lebghty list of those club's to have won either League or Scottish Cup since our last trophy, I seriously don't think that is unreasonable expectation.

I thought that a few years ago. I thought they would be up then down. He has kept them not only in the EPL but mid table. And in an FA cup final. Not bad with a shit team.

They were horrible to watch and personally I think it was time.  There seemed to be a lot of discontent surrounding him / the club this season.

I thought that a few years ago. I thought they would be up then down. He has kept them not only in the EPL but mid table. And in an FA cup final. Not bad with a shit team.

For a team that is only behind Man City and Chelsea in the spending table, aye they should be doing/have done better. He has taken them as far as he can and he has now left before he the bullet. Leaves with his head high and his stock. Now Stoke can maybe take a different route with a different style of play and Pulis can look for a job with his reputation intact. Good move for both parties IMO. A lot of fighting behind the scenes I think.

• 3 weeks later...