Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Managers in England

TENEMENTFUNSTER

• 2 months later...

No shock there. He's as mad as a box of tadpoles. His conduct with the fans yesterday and towards his assistant after the first goal screamed of volatility. Shame. He was entertaining, just not fit for the job.

That outburst towards his assistant was probably the most head scratching of all. Fucking time bomb.

The Makems can point to their survival last season as justification for his appointment but they're rubber ducked now, he signed 14 players, re-jigged the backroom and now they'll have to do it all again.

They're more cracked than DiCanio for appointing the cunt.

• 2 weeks later...

Poyet announced as Sunderland manager.  Decent appointment imo and it will be interesting to see what he manages there.

Not a popular appointment with the Sunderland fans interviewed on the tv last night as they feel they need someone with premiership experience to get them out the hole they are in.

• 2 weeks later...

Not surprised by this at all after his post match comments against Fulham.

Admitted making a cunt of it by having to sign so many players.

He's a Championship manager.

Was literally having the same conversation with a colleague, and its very true sadly.

I hadn't heard his comments post match to be fair.

Not surprised by this at all after his post match comments against Fulham.

Admitted making a cunt of it by having to sign so many players.

He's a Championship manager.

Possibly a bit harsh but time will tell.  To be fair he had blackpool playing some great stuff in the first half of their PL season.  Palace were not ready for the PL and were always going down regardless of manager.  I think Holloway is more of an astute manager than he is given credit a lot of the time,  probably because he is known for being amusing. 

Possibly a bit harsh but time will tell.  To be fair he had blackpool playing some great stuff in the first half of their PL season.  Palace were not ready for the PL and were always going down regardless of manager.  I think Holloway is more of an astute manager than he is given credit a lot of the time,  probably because he is known for being amusing.

I reckon there are some very good managers who are "championship" managers. Warnock and Holloway being 2 of the best I can think of. Mowbray was another until making a James Hunt of it at Boro.

I'd reckon on it being unlikely that Holloway would get the job at Boro but he wasn't available when I spoke to a guy in the know at Boro. He reckoned on a foreign coach at the time. 

Holloway got a lot of plaudits from a lot of people for his Blackpool team in the PL, but let's face it, being able to set up a team defensively is as much part of the game and management as the attacking and flair side of it. And in the big league it looked as though he fell short. I'd go along with the "good Championship manager", Steve Bruce would probably fall into that too. Nothing wrong with that.

Holloway got a lot of plaudits from a lot of people for his Blackpool team in the PL, but let's face it, being able to set up a team defensively is as much part of the game and management as the attacking and flair side of it. And in the big league it looked as though he fell short. I'd go along with the "good Championship manager", Steve Bruce would probably fall into that too. Nothing wrong with that.

Agreed, I don't see it being anything other than a compliment tbh. It's a cunt of a hard league to get out of.

• 1 month later...

25 November: Guy Whittingham (Portsmouth)

27 November: Richie Barker (Crawley)

28 November: Sean O'Driscoll (Bristol City)

30 November: David Flitcroft (Barnsley)

1 December: Martin Jol (Fulham)

1 December: Dave Jones (Sheffield Wednesday)

2 December: Owen Coyle (Wigan)

Merry go round gathers pace

• 2 weeks later...