Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Managers in England

TENEMENTFUNSTER

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/neil-lennon-appointed-bolton-wanderers-manager-12.10.14-2011942.aspx

Club confirm Neil Lennon as new manager with Johan Mjallby and Garry Parker also joining

Bolton Wanderers are delighted to announce the appointment of Neil Lennon as the club’s new manager.

Lennon, 43, joins the club after a successful four-year spell at the helm of Scottish giants Celtic, where he won three league titles, two domestic cups and led the side in European competition.

Lennon also enjoyed a decorated playing career, most notably with Crewe Alexandra, Leicester City and Celtic, as well as representing Northern Ireland on the international stage.

The extensive list of high calibre applicants demonstrated how those candidates viewed the opportunity to manage the club, even in its present position at the bottom of the Championship table.           

Following a process of first and second interviews with a shortlist of initial candidates, a unanimous decision was taken by Eddie Davies, Brett Warburton and Phil Gartside.

The club are delighted and excited to appoint Neil Lennon. He brings with him experience at the highest level and an infectious enthusiasm to take the club forward.

He will officially take charge of the Bolton Wanderers team from Monday morning in the run up to our upcoming game away at Birmingham City.

Lennon will be joined by assistant manager Johan Mjallby and first team coach Garry Parker.

I'm amazed they've gone for him.  That said, the septic fans I know would love to have him back at the tattie dome.  Just think he's going to get found out, and soon.

I'm genuinely surprised by that. Surely anyone with half a brain can see he's very limited to say the least?

He'll have no side circus to deviate simpletons away from his incompetence down at Bolton.

• 4 weeks later...

Moyes named Real Sociedad manager this morning.  Good luck to him, it's a shame it didn't work out at United, and clearly he will feel slightly vindicated in their indifferent form this season anyway.

Christ out of the frying pan and into the fire  :o

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lambert sacked this evening. Hardly surprising.

100 matches, 25 wins. Only Big Red has a poorer record as a Vanilla manager.

They've only scored 12 goals after 25 games this season, the worst ever in PL records.

To be tbh honest I'm fucking surprised they've scored that many.  Been an awful team to watch for years.

100 matches, 25 wins. Only Big Red has a poorer record as a Vanilla manager.

They've only scored 12 goals after 25 games this season, the worst ever in PL records.

To be tbh honest I'm fucking surprised they've scored that many.  Been an awful team to watch for years.

My housemate has always thought that Villa deserve to get relegated, if only to teach them a lesson. Potentially a massive club but if they weren't there, I doubt you'd notice. Shame because villa parks supposedly a very nice ground.

• 2 weeks later...