Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Managers in England

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Mourinho under pressure. It was his blatant sexism towards the physio wot done for him.

Roman's stolens bought success deserves to be halted.

When all that shite with that bird was kicking off it just seemed to be him deflecting attention from a team (and manager?) performing poorly. It seemed to work because that's all anyone was talking about. But now all that's in the past and they're still doing shite he's under a lot of pressure. Spent a lot of money too. Although is it him that's spending the money or Abramovic? Or a committee?  :hammer:

I don't care. I'm quite enjoying seeing them languish to be honest. I also think Mourinho will turn them around. As much of a colossal bellend that he is I do think he's a good coach. I just wish people would stop listening to the nonsense that comes out of his mouth. Apparently refs are "scared to give Chelsea decisions". What about the penalty that Southampton should have had on Saturday, Jose? Ye prick.

Haha, been a long time coming sadly. Ancelotti is favourite to take the reigns, shame really

Shocked that he got the boot. I went back and fore on that one.. I feel a bit sorry for him. He's a decent manager. This transfer committee nonsense hasn't helped him. Although I don't think Ancelotti is the favourite to come in. I think it'll be Klopp. I'm not convinced by Klopp. But maybe he can help attract better players? Not sure. But I don't think Liverpool's problems were all down to BR. 

Shocked that he got the boot. I went back and fore on that one.. I feel a bit sorry for him. He's a decent manager. This transfer committee nonsense hasn't helped him. Although I don't think Ancelotti is the favourite to come in. I think it'll be Klopp. I'm not convinced by Klopp. But maybe he can help attract better players? Not sure. But I don't think Liverpool's problems were all down to BR.

My old flat mate said the same, not necessarily down to the manager.  He's always berated your transfer committee, especially the way you always seem to dither in the market. Seems to have swayed towards Klopp over the weekend, but certainly the past few weeks there seemed to be plenty of speculation over Ancelotti.  Shame for you, I think he'd have a much quicker impact than Klopp.

Rodgers appeared to be a decent manager but sounded like a bit of a penis of a man.

Fascinating appointment. I don't really have a 2nd team but if i did it would be BVB so I have a lot of time for Klopp.  I'll defo be looking out for the scousers score a bit more now.  He can be quite abrasive as well and I can totally see him falling out with Jose and Van Gaal pretty quickly which would be highly entertaining. 

Ancellotti, if he was actually interested, would have been a safer appointment but Klopp took the Dortmund team from the pits of despair which goes in his favour.  Honigstein postulated on football weekly that a lot of teams had kinda figured Klopps high intenstity game out which was one of the reasons for BD's downfall.  It defo played a part and there didn't seem to be a plan B but the big contributor for their rapid decline at the end of Klopps tenure that was losing Gotze and Lewandowski to Bayern.  It really deflated the rest of the squad and you can understand why.  I really hope this works out for him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a shame that Garry Monk appears to be under a lot of pressure.  I like the way he conducts himself and quite sure he can turn it around.  Managed to last season and it's not like they've really had a change in personnel which would prevent that from happening.

I'm amazed McLaren hasn't been binned yet.  What a fool he must feel like for ditching a likely promotion candidate for Newcastle.

It's a shame that Garry Monk appears to be under a lot of pressure.  I like the way he conducts himself and quite sure he can turn it around.  Managed to last season and it's not like they've really had a change in personnel which would prevent that from happening.

I'm amazed McLaren hasn't been binned yet.  What a fool he must feel like for ditching a likely promotion candidate for Newcastle.

Agree on both counts.

I think it'd be a mistake for Swansea to sack Monk. I hope they stick by him. I am however, amazed that Newcastle have stuck by McLaren. After seeing that scoreline on Saturday I would have put money on him being gone by Monday teatime.

Not in england, but seems like Phil neville has landed a more prominent role at Valencia after the useless nuno left. Hadn't realised the owner was the same man who has part ownership of Salford city. That must surely be the only reason why neville is still there?

I don't profess to know why he wasn't given the boot but I do have a lot of time for Phil. And Gary too now truth be told. They both strike me as hard workers that genuinely care. And although that should be a minimum requirement for any job the truth is it's becoming more and more rare.

Agree on both counts.

I think it'd be a mistake for Swansea to sack Monk. I hope they stick by him. I am however, amazed that Newcastle have stuck by McLaren. After seeing that scoreline on Saturday I would have put money on him being gone by Monday teatime.

See the bread maker is getting linked with the Swansea job if Monk gets the tin tack.

would love to see him turn his back on the Tribute Act.

The deluded masses would go into melt down  ;D

See the bread maker is getting linked with the Swansea job if Monk gets the tin tack.

would love to see him turn his back on the Tribute Act.

The deluded masses would go into melt down  ;D

I was all for Monk getting more time until I read the above. Now I want him gone purely to watch the absolute explosion of rage from Govan if Warburton was to go.

I was all for Monk getting more time until I read the above. Now I want him gone purely to watch the absolute explosion of rage from Govan if Warburton was to go.

Well it's just got one step closer, Monk has been sacked. Let's hope they decide to get the bread maker in :D

I am gutted for Monk though. Seems like a decent guy and was Swansea through and through.

Not exactly managers IN England but talking of managers OF England...

Gary Neville is going to fail at Valencia.

Of this there is zero doubt.

The interesting thing is to know WHY he is going to fail.

Very few people have the gift to understand this.

I feel blessed to be in the fractional minority.

Often, I waste my breath arguing with those who don't know what day of the week it is.

Therefore, with greater experience, I desist.