Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Managers in England

TENEMENTFUNSTER

On the subject of managers IN England, I laff at LvG.

It's pretty sick to laff at another's misfortune. Normally.

But as anyone who has worked in the North Sea for any length of time can tell you - which I haven't but its not the exclusive method by which this can be learned of course - the Dutch can be hard work. Obstinance and rigidity is a national trait and in van Gaal, he is so full of it that he's bursting hard, it's in his very essence and it appears to come through his pores.

An arsehole in other words. Perfect fit. I don't like MU.

Mourinho under pressure. It was his blatant sexism towards the physio wot done for him.

Roman's stolens bought success deserves to be halted.

His terrible treatment of the female physio may have been the start of him losing the dressing room.

That's Real Madrid and now Chelsea that he's lost the respect of the players.

It won't affect his future employment opportunities but he does have to learn from his mistakes if he wants future success.

If I were Man U, I would bin LvG and take Mourinho right now, as long as during the interview chat he demonstrates the requisite humility and admits to his big ego getting in the way and ultimately alienating the very people he can't afford to alienate, his performers, the players.

As one journalist (Marcotti, I think) said some time ago of Mourinho, he only lasts around 3 years at clubs because eventually his players begin to resent him due to his lack of empathy with them, having never played the game to a level close to them.

I see the BEEB are linking Brendan Rogers to the job. I would love it if that happened.

Love it even more if he bought Joe Allen in the January window...

As one journalist (Marcotti, I think) said some time ago of Mourinho, he only lasts around 3 years at clubs because eventually his players begin to resent him due to his lack of empathy with them, having never played the game to a level close to them.

I see the BEEB are linking Brendan Rogers to the job. I would love it if that happened.

Love it even more if he bought Joe Allen in the January window...

;D

• 1 month later...

Not exactly managers IN England but talking of managers OF England...

Gary Neville is going to fail at Valencia.

Of this there is zero doubt.

Valencia still haven't won a league game under him, I'm pretty sure but not 100% certain. With failing to beat Las Palmas at home in the cup tonight, getting beat in the next game may spell the end of this charade, this experiment that was predictably catastrophic. He may not even last to the summer, the end of his short abortion of a contract.

Van Gaal's jacket has surely dropped off the shoogly peg and is now being trampled on the floor.

Another defeat at home, another goalless performance with only one shot on target and his team has scored the same amount of league goals this season as wretched Sunderland.

Even van Gaal, the arrogant, stubborn van Gaal must admit his 'philosophy' isn't working and in retrospect never even got off the ground.  He has bought poorly but expensively. Time to go surely?

You've got to think that Man United have fucked up big time not moving for Pep, would have been the ideal candidate to recover from the past couple of years.

Not sure about that. Undoubtedly a superb coach etc, but in the two jobs he's had so far he's walked into already successful sides needing little work done to them.  That certainly isn't the case at United where a full overhaul is required. 

Not sure about that. Undoubtedly a superb coach etc, but in the two jobs he's had so far he's walked into already successful sides needing little work done to them.  That certainly isn't the case at United where a full overhaul is required.

You could well be right there, I was only looking at it from the perspective that he's a top coach who would bring a more exciting attacking style of play which seems to be what the man united fans are crying out for, I've no idea how he'd get on gutting the current squad and building his effectively from scratch.

• 1 month later...

On the Neville situation, I find it totally unacceptable that my daughter sends me some wee video from Valencia tonight and I retort with Gary Neville = penis and she doesn't know what I'm on about.

I don't give a fuck about the Saint Joseph Las Fallas festival or fitever the fuck. But I thought I brought her up better than this, to be football-aware. Fucking cow.

• 2 weeks later...