Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Managers in England

TENEMENTFUNSTER

Well sounds like this is only the tip of the iceberg. 8 current abd former premier league managers all implicated with taking bungs. What's your bets Redknapp and pardew are amongst them?

Also got a current assistant manager taking a £5k bribe.

Would not bet against Pardew and Rednap being involved.

Oh Black  >:(

I feel sorry for him. He works in an environment that is totally corrupt. His best boss, SAF, was the greediest of them all. It's not like he took any bungs. He just told the entrappers how the system works.

When big governments are so corrupt that money is being stolen from the people by the billions, most notably through the industrial war machine, banks, pharmas and civil engineering/building let alone directly from the public sector via contracts, grants and quangos, it is no surprise that the prevailing culture is similarly corrupt and dominated by greed. It's human nature, to get off with whatever we can. Trump thinks it's "smart" but credit to Chris Coleman, a last bastion of integrity and a blower of the whistle for saying it how it is. It is tantamount to stealing. They're all thiefs, or at least those of them in a position of influence to be offered the bribes and corrupt enough by nature to take them.

For any budding entrepreneurs out there, let me tell you how important integrity is.

I stopped working for the man aged 32 and have earned on my own steam for a long time. In my early days, a Finance Director offered for me to take back my invoice I was presenting him with and to more than double it. Before we even got to the discussion of what he wanted as a cut, my instinct took over. "No, I'll tell you what instead. You pay that invoice and you pay it fucking quick or your boss is going to learn of this conversation".

As I left the premises and with a two hour drive home, that was plenty opportunity to toss and turn. It was a lot of money he was offering, I could have used it at the time and nobody need have known and nobody would have died. It's not like he even had anything on me because he would've been in it deeper than me. I could have claimed inexperienced new self-employed dude doing what he was told by a big wig in an important big client who was almost double my age, not that it would ever have been traced.

But you make your own luck in this world and that one day has gifted me fortune since. I kept that firm as a client and they kept on paying me quick. I must admit I charged an extra 10 or 20% to them after that but it was all in writing in advance of doing the work, something I've always done, however big or small the consideration. Go down the slippery road once and you'll always be a thief. It's not "God" as we know it but life karma and yin or yang will strike down the wrongdoer at some point. Fat corroupt Sam's demise is nothing compared to the inevitable catalogue of disgrace heading towards Sir Alex, hopefully in his lifetime rather than posthumously. I want to see his face when he gets nailed.

His 15th club  :o

Personally, i can't stand him. He's been putting himself around a lot since leave Sheffield United.

Warnock is another I suspect will be among the unnamed managers from the Telegraph investigation. Cannot see him lasting long at Cardiff.

Warnock's reputation started poorly with Bury fans and finally was destroyed when he was seen wearing a Sheffield Utd tie for an interview at Gigg Lane before a match against them. He had the accolade of receiving abuse from the whole stadium when Bury played away to Oldham Athletic where he was held in similar regard

Couldn't happen to a nicer club (Fucking soul crew muppets)

For any budding entrepreneurs out there, let me tell you how important integrity is.

I stopped working for the man aged 32 and have earned on my own steam for a long time. In my early days, a Finance Director offered for me to take back my invoice I was presenting him with and to more than double it. Before we even got to the discussion of what he wanted as a cut, my instinct took over. "No, I'll tell you what instead. You pay that invoice and you pay it fucking quick or your boss is going to learn of this conversation".

As I left the premises and with a two hour drive home, that was plenty opportunity to toss and turn. It was a lot of money he was offering, I could have used it at the time and nobody need have known and nobody would have died. It's not like he even had anything on me because he would've been in it deeper than me. I could have claimed inexperienced new self-employed dude doing what he was told by a big wig in an important big client who was almost double my age, not that it would ever have been traced.

But you make your own luck in this world and that one day has gifted me fortune since. I kept that firm as a client and they kept on paying me quick. I must admit I charged an extra 10 or 20% to them after that but it was all in writing in advance of doing the work, something I've always done, however big or small the consideration. Go down the slippery road once and you'll always be a thief. It's not "God" as we know it but life karma and yin or yang will strike down the wrongdoer at some point. Fat corroupt Sam's demise is nothing compared to the inevitable catalogue of disgrace heading towards Sir Alex, hopefully in his lifetime rather than posthumously. I want to see his face when he gets nailed.

Whats your problem with Fergie?

Whats your problem with Fergie?

Being at Gothenburg was the best 24 hours of my life. Better than the day I married this woman I've been with for over 30 years. Better than the birthdays of our four kids. So I am extremely grateful that SAF hit our club.

I've read his unauthorised biography. I've heard what he got up to in Aberdeen. I have mates who have told me how he was in their company. I've been told by a source I would trust with my life what happened at St Mirren. I've seen what happened when Coolmore upped their stake to nearly 30% of the shares of Man U. I watched the BBC documentary 10 years ago.

I don't have a problem with his ability. He was the best manager ever. I value integrity over ability, that's all. And when there are question-marks over his honesty and integrity, should this prove to be founded, I would loov it if justice comes out. Way too many smokestacks over many decades for there not to be a fire.

Would you be kind enough to share what you've heard about him? Would be very intriguing to read tbh be honest.

Read his biography. The one that was unauthorised. SAF is extremely litigious but his lawyers told him there was nothing they could do. The only defence to libel or slander is veritas i.e. it's true.

As for the documentary, that was 2006 Panorama. May be on YouTube?

Or just google SAF dirt or corruption allegations. Or Rock of Gibraltar. That was the reason he fell out with Coolmore. He got greedy alleging he was entitled to breeding rights. I reckon the Irish mafia may well have been behind the timing of the Panorama as the timing was too sweet, coming as it was with the drip feeding to the tabloids.

Its the St Mirren story I'd be interested hearing. I remember him winning promotion with them to the Premier League and being fired within days. We then appointed him fairly sharpish, my old man ( a diehard Clyde fanatic) said we would regret it, hinting that he knew something but never expanded on it and died at a young age without me ever getting to question him about what info he had on Fergie.

Its the St Mirren story I'd be interested hearing. I remember him winning promotion with them to the Premier League and being fired within days. We then appointed him fairly sharpish, my old man ( a diehard Clyde fanatic) said we would regret it, hinting that he knew something but never expanded on it and died at a young age without me ever getting to question him about what info he had on Fergie.

There are all sorts of stories about the end of his time at St Mirren, but this is their official version as told by the then chairman. Funnily enough there was a story doing the rounds that he was sacked for swearing at, or in front of the chairman's wife, and refusing to apologise, hence Mr Todd sacked him

· 'I had no option but to sack him in the end'

· Willie Todd was the chairman of St Mirren and remains the only man to have dismissed Sir Alex Ferguson

I was the chairman who brought Alex to St Mirren in 1974 and people forget that we actually struggled for the first two years he was in charge. He had a very bad start. But Alex gradually got things together, basically because he brought so many good, young players to the club. The likes of Frank McGarvey, Bobby Reid and Billy Stark meant we had a young team but a successful one which got us out of the old First Division and into the Premier League.

We stayed in the Premier League in season 1977-78 and that was a big achievement. Crowds had been as low as 1,000 when Alex took over; in his last season we sometimes had gates of 20,000 plus.

Alex did a great job for St Mirren. Nobody at the club worked harder than he did during the time he was there and everyone was very grateful for what he achieved. I got on well with Alex at the time, we were good friends and I have seen him a few times since. We have still been on good terms and I have been delighted at how well he has done. But in 1978 it was a simple case of myself, as chairman, doing what was best for the football club. I had no option but to sack him in the end.

Four days before he eventually left I knew perfectly well that he had told all the staff that he was moving to Aberdeen. A famous reporter of the time, Jim Rodger of the Daily Mirror, told us that Alex had asked at least one member of the squad to go to Aberdeen with him.

It was a clear breach of contract on his part; he was still under contract to St Mirren and Aberdeen had not contacted us to discuss compensation. There were various other stories at the time, such as one about Alex wanting players to receive tax-free expenses, but that was not the real issue. The issue was St Mirren being destabilised because the manager wanted to leave.

In the end the case went to an industrial tribunal because Alex thought he had been sacked unfairly and St Mirren won hands down, on every count relating to his breach of contract; the minutes of that meeting show you that.

I do regret it. As I said we got on very well. It was just a pity Aberdeen had not come out and said they wanted our manager because we could then have spoken about compensation and done things amicably.

Pearson away from Derby by mutual agreement.

Could well presented The Breadman with his ticket out of Ibrox.

I think he would jump at the chance Al.  Derby is a pretty big club capable of getting to, and surviving in, the top flight with the right guy at the helm.  I'm not for a second saying he is that man but he will think he is.  If he does go there's going to be some hun interest in DM at the very least but I'm not convinced he'd be a shoe in for it though.  If the horribles have any sense they will be wanting a chat with Tommy Wright as well. 

Tommy Wright would be cheaper option for them and fits the bill as Northern Irish.

Could they afford Del, Doc & Kirk all of whom would require compensation being paid to us.

I really hope mcinnes is offered the rangers gig and tells them to piss off.

Possibly wishful thinking but it'd be hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...