Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Paul Hartley

Millertime

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idiotic retaliation - from the highlights, I'm surprised the Motherwell player didnt get sanctions aswell though. I was a bad challenge.

However, I think the simple fact of the matter is that if Hartley was still playing at his previous level - He would still be in the championship & not at Aberdeen.  I also think that if Folley wasn't out for the season, Hartley wouldnt be exposed so obviously as being past it.

taken from the "Thursday's football gossip" section of BBC:

Aberdeen have been handed a boost when it emerged that Paul Hartley's red card against Motherwell had not taken the midfielder through the points threshold that would have triggered an additional two-match suspension. (Various)

I stand corrected from my earlier post stating that he had a 3 match ban.

To be honest I'm not sure whether this makes things any better.  If he's on the park is he only going to get himself sent off . . . setting a good example to the younger boys

:hammer:

taken from the "Thursday's football gossip" section of BBC:

Aberdeen have been handed a boost when it emerged that Paul Hartley's red card against Motherwell had not taken the midfielder through the points threshold that would have triggered an additional two-match suspension. (Various)

I stand corrected from my earlier post stating that he had a 3 match ban.

To be honest I'm not sure whether this makes things any better.  If he's on the park is he only going to get himself sent off . . . setting a good example to the younger boys

:hammer:

Also says that Aluko is blaming Hartley for the defeat. No direct quotes to give it any context as per usual though.

Looked it up EP. Absolute nonsense from the Daily R*cord again. Shocker.

Nigeria international winger Aluko is adamant his captain should have known better.

He said: "There's a real sense of injustice in the dressing room because of the way it happened.

"Paul was challenged first and it looked a very robust challenge but he is an experienced guy, he knows he can't react like that.

"There is no point in criticising the referee who did his best in what was a difficult game.

"Paul didn't hold his hands up as we were all listening to the gaffer and Archie Knox.

"He's disappointed as he knows we need 11 men on the pitch at all times. He's a key player for us and we will have to dig deep when he's out suspended.

"It's going to be a big ask now to make the top six. We needed a result against Well to stay on course.

"We have three home games in a row now but we must make Pittodrie a hard place to come to."

RE: Lasley - I've seen reds given for less.

Makes you wonder if Hartley hadn't lost it it would have been a red for Lasley?  Seeing how the way cards are given theses days is so subjective, I wonder if the ref looked at it and thought Lasleys challenge wasn't as bad as Hartleys reaction, ones a red and the others a yellow.

• 4 weeks later...

Radio also saying he may have scored the first.

He took the corner! Nah dont think so! Looked like it was flicked on from Diamond and Maguire got on the end of it.

I dont think Hartely possibly being out for the season can be seen as a good thing. When Young came out, the centre of midfield quickly became non-existent whereas when Hartely was on, there was a good deal of work and play coming from there. Young stood off his man everytime. Whilst I agree that he is showing his age, I still believe that he's not finished yet.