Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Aberdeen v East Fife 8/1/11

mizer

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the goal scorers are getting all the headlines I thought Ryan Jack had a great game playing wide today.

He was excellent the whole game.

Who did you nick that photie from Mizer? There's no way you were actually at a home game! :P

I seen him!  :dance:  What do I win?

Firstly, it was great to see goals flying in at Pittodrie like that. Been a long, long time.  ;D

1st half we dominated without really getting out of 1st gear. Which allowed East Fife some chances. Fortunately they didn't take them.

Maguire took his hat trick well. And I don't care what anyoneone says. It doesn't matter who you score goals against. As long as you score them. It's how you win games.

Cracking clearing header from Vernon when he should have scored.

I was very impressed with Jack. Good crossing, vision and distribution. And although it was only East Fife, it was pleasing on the eye. I'll be honest by saying that Jack has impressed me more than Fyvie did when he broke through last season. Only my opinion.

2nd half was poor and did nothing to warm me up.

I felt Pawlett took a good while to get going and East Fife gained a foothold down our left side. He improved a bit and had a decnt cross for Vernons goal. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he'll no doubt be rusty after being out for so long.

It was just good to again come away from an Aberdeen game having enjoyed myself. Doesn't matter if it was East Fife we were playing.

Also good to be in the South Stand for a change. Going to persuade the others to get a season ticket for there next season as opposed to renewing in the RDU again.

While the goal scorers are getting all the headlines I thought Ryan Jack had a great game playing wide today.

Totally agree, looked a natural footballer and waltzed through the game. Also great to see Pawlett back running at people.

Apart from 2 passes to Jack on the wing though, I thought Aluko was anonymous AGAIN !

Also all credit to East Fife, they kept the ball well in the second half and Bobby Linn was the best player on the park for much of the game.

Ryan Jack had a great game yesterday.

Aye, very impressed with him too. The only other player which was pushing Maguire for man of the match.

Bit disappointed with Vernon, thought he was a poor man's Lee Miller and that's saying something!

He fell over less than Miller would have

He fell over less than Miller would have

Vernon may not be the greatest player in the world but as long as he keeps scoring the goals at the rate he is managing at the moment I'll be happy.  He is just 1 goal short of Lee Millers best haul of goals in a season for us now and it took 48 starts and 4 sub appearances for Miller to score 13 goals :thumbsup:

Vernon may not be the greatest player in the world but as long as he keeps scoring the goals at the rate he is managing at the moment I'll be happy.  He is just 1 goal short of Lee Millers best haul of goals in a season for us now and it took 48 starts and 4 sub appearances for Miller to score 13 goals :thumbsup:

I agree with this. When I've seen him this season, he's looked uninterested at times and at other times he's looked superb and then looked crap within seconds of that.

None of that really matters as long as he continues to find the net and win us points.  He is a player we need, someone who knows where to run in the penalty box. Something we've not had for years.