Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Aberdeen v East Fife 8/1/11

mizer

I agree with this. When I've seen him this season, he's looked uninterested at times and at other times he's looked superb and then looked crap within seconds of that.

None of that really matters as long as he continues to find the net and win us points.  He is a player we need, someone who knows where to run in the penalty box. Something we've not had for years.

Yes.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vernon may not be the greatest player in the world but as long as he keeps scoring the goals at the rate he is managing at the moment I'll be happy.  He is just 1 goal short of Lee Millers best haul of goals in a season for us now and it took 48 starts and 4 sub appearances for Miller to score 13 goals :thumbsup:

This

Vernon leads the line and is more clinical than Miller did or was IMO.

From what I've seen I'd take Vernon over Miller every time.

At least he's getting into the position to miss the chances. Miller was usually picking himself off of the floor when chances were created and he should have been on the end of them.

Vernon may not be the greatest player in the world but as long as he keeps scoring the goals at the rate he is managing at the moment I'll be happy.  He is just 1 goal short of Lee Millers best haul of goals in a season for us now and it took 48 starts and 4 sub appearances for Miller to score 13 goals :thumbsup:

A number of those 13 were penalties as well were they not ? With Hartley knocking in a good number of goals and Maguire on form we might have 3 players in double figures this season and still finish bottom 6. Now when was the last time we saw that ?

This

Vernon leads the line and is more clinical than Miller did or was IMO.

From what I've seen I'd take Vernon over Miller every time.

At least he's getting into the position to miss the chances. Miller was usually picking himself off of the floor when chances were created and he should have been on the end of them.

correct

picking himself up off the floor after outjumping a brute and turning a hopeless long punt towards him into a killer pass foran onrushing diddy who wasnt on same wavelength

I think Miller is a more skilled player, absolutely no doubt Vernon is the more effective player. He's doing excellently.

He was a player who barely left the training ground in terms of his performances. He had a heid like a sherrifs badge, feet like breeze blocks and absolutely no eye for goal. How many did he score for us again?

He scored 32 goals in about 120 games, one every 4 stats wise but in my opinion offered a lot more than that in terms of overall performance, assists and so forth. Football's all about opinions but do think Miller is a better player than Vernon but goals are what matters and Vernon's going to out score Miller as an Aberdeen player, at this rate  :thumbsup:

If Lee Miller had a bit more pace he'd be a top player in the SPL.  As it was, he couldn't act as both a focal point of the attack and also be in a position to get goals.  Even an technically average player like Kyle can get in amongst the goals despite playing a similar role.  I liked Miller as an Aberdeen player, he was technically a very good player and wasn't all that wasteful of chances when they fell to him.  It was just that they were rare and I don't buy the excuse that he was involved in the build up play, as even when the attacks were made through the midfield and wings, he rarely ever ended up in the box to try and finish.  Even a 40 year old Brewster managed to do both roles.

When you have someone coming like Vernon, who is wasteful of chances and still outscoring Miller, then I think overall, his contribution to Aberdeen will be more than Miller's was, regardless of chances created etc.  I missed Miller for the second half of this season, but there has been nothing I have seen this year that makes me wish he was here over Vernon.

Absolutely correct. But remind me again whose tactics were these?

Another good player rendered mediocre.

Are you blaming Jimmy Calderwood?  He was hardly lighting up Tannadice prior to his move here.  I think he got the best out of him for some spells in his tenure.  It has to be remembered that Lee Miller has only been prolific in one spell in his career since leavign Falkirk and that was in a loan spell at Hearts.

Are you blaming Jimmy Calderwood?  He was hardly lighting up Tannadice prior to his move here.  I think he got the best out of him for some spells in his tenure.  It has to be remembered that Lee Miller has only been prolific in one spell in his career since leavign Falkirk and that was in a loan spell at Hearts.

It's teen me aboot 3 weeks to pluck up the courage efter the last roastin for having the sheer affrontery of having an alternate view. I'm a puir wee soul.

All I'm saying is that Lee Miller was a far better player than he latterly showed at Pittodrie. He was wasted in a role that did nothing for him or the team.

I similary blame the manager of the day for wasting Zander Diamonds career. He should have been much better, and would have been under better guidance.