Press conference at 1 - signing to be announced

mizer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard.

No idea what he's like but pleased to see we're signing players from Premiership when previous manager targetted guff from Rochdale and so forth.

Although only played once as sub for Fulham for 10 minutes 2 years ago and only played for Brentford and Southend on loan so wouldn't get expectations up too much there.

Although only played once as sub for Fulham for 10 minutes 2 years ago and only played for Brentford and Southend on loan so wouldn't get expectations up too much there.

Yeah? Be interesting to see how he gets on, end of season probably suits both parties.

Yeah? Be interesting to see how he gets on, end of season probably suits both parties.

One of those low risk but ultimatley big risk deals.  If crap then bye bye in summer.  If stars here then chances are he will be off in summer if plenty interest.  Hopefully he stars and likes it so much he signs 2 year deal end of March!!

Good stuff, should fill Folly's boots as a minimum.

End of season signings all point to some major changes in personnel in the summer. Building for a serious assault on the title for 2011/12. COYR.

Aye - going to be very busy summer with a lot of work to be done from January all the way through.  Lot of contracts expire in summer.

Any plans to sign some much needed defenders?

We've brought in one full back, aye?

So that means we've now got.... mumble mumble, carry the 4, mumble. minus yadda yadda, plus McNamee..

...one full back.

Not really what you might refer to as a plethora of full backs, is it?

Any plans to sign some much needed defenders?

We've brought in one full back, aye?

So that means we've now got.... mumble mumble, carry the 4, mumble. minus yadda yadda, plus McNamee..

...one full back.

Not really what you might refer to as a plethora of full backs, is it?

Tony Capaldi is still waiting by the phone.

Milsom’s red route back to Theatre of Dreams

By Michael Gannon

Published: 14/01/2011

Aberdeen’s new recruit Robert Milsom’s career went from the Theatre of Dreams to injury nightmare in a matter of days, but the ambitious midfielder is determined to take his chance at Pittodrie.

The 24-year-old left-sided player, who has joined the Dons on a contract until the end of the season, made his Fulham Premiership debut at the home of Manchester United in February 2009, replacing England international Danny Murphy in a 3-0 defeat.

Having acquired a taste on League Cup duty against Burnley, it was the big breakthrough Milsom craved, having joined the London club as a 12-year-old.

But euphoria quickly turned to despair when he suffered season-ending knee ligament damage just days later. He struggled back to fitness and spent a productive loan spell in Finland with top-flight club Turun Palloseura.

But the door remained closed at Craven Cottage so now Milsom is determined to make the most of his chance with Aberdeen.

He said: “I made my debut at Old Trafford and then got injured a week later. It was devastating at the time, but it has made me even more determined to get back to that level. I think I am getting there now. I have a deal until the end of the season and I want to play well and do my best for Aberdeen.

“We will see what happens after that. My job is to come here and play well and the rest takes care of itself. I grew up at Fulham and obviously I would have loved to have stayed and played there. But I was not getting my opportunity so I jumped at the chance to come here.

“In the long term I would like to get to that level, but my short-term aim it to play well here. I will provide energy in midfield. I like to get around, get on the ball and pass it.”

Former Scotland midfielder Billy McKinlay was instrumental in the move.

The Fulham reserve-team manager gave Dons manager Craig Brown a glowing reference and he also sold Milsom on the move north.

Milsom added: “Billy McKinlay spoke really highly about the manager. He told me he is a fantastic manager to work for. Billy has been a massive influence on my career. I worked with him for about five years and I think he spoke to Craig about me.

“He also told me all about Aberdeen. I knew a bit anyway. People in England know more about Scottish football than you think.

“It is on the sports channels so we see the news and the games, so it will not be a complete surprise.”

Milsom would love to make as big an impact as former Fulham team-mate Steven Davis, who has impressed at Rangers.

He said: “I knew Steven at Fulham. He has done really well coming up here and winning player of the year.

“He is a good player and deserves all of the accolades.

“Hopefully I can do well also. There were some very good players in my position at Fulham that I looked up to.

“I trained with players such as Danny Murphy, Dickson Etuhu and also Jonathan Greening.

“You look at their games and try to take what you can, but I want to be my own man.”