Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Veron still pish ?

ayrshire_don74

Rated him from the start and thinks hes a good player but had a fucking stinker today. Owes his two goals to two great crosses from anelka, if bebo would recognise his best position is out wide and doing a job for the team then he would be a lot better off.

Aye well the he was ill for 48 hours before the game and lost half a stone because of it I think we can let him off with being a little off the pace.

• 3 months later...

A player with this sort of attitude is what we want at the club imho. Hopefully the surgery goes well for the guy.

Only way is up in table for Aberdeen, says Vernon

attacker: we want to give ourselves a platform to build from for next season

By Paul Third

Published: 19/04/2011

PLENTY TO PONDER: Scott Vernon will have an operation on his troublesome groin

More Pictures

Scott Vernon’s season may have come to a premature end on Sunday when Aberdeen exited the Scottish Cup but the Aberdeen forward insists the future will be better for his club.

The Englishman will undergo surgery this week on a hernia problem which has troubled him for much of the season to ensure he is fit and available for the new campaign.

The 4-0 semi-final defeat by Celtic at Hampden brings to an end a miserable season for the Pittodrie club and manager Craig Brown has promised to make major changes this summer.

The former Scotland manager believes he will need at least six new signings and the future of several Dons players is in doubt.

Goalkeepers Jamie Langfield and Mark Howard, defenders Zander Diamond and David McNamee, midfielders Derek Young and Rob Milsom and attacker Chris Maguire are all out of contract at the end of the campaign.

Nick Blackman, Stevie Smith and Nikola Vujadinovic will also return to their respective clubs following the end of their loan deals, clearing the way for Brown to begin his rebuilding job and Vernon expects much change at Pittodrie.

He said: “The manager will have a lot of work to do in deciding who will stay and who will come in.

“The nature of the game is such that lads will move on and new guys will come in.

“It has got to be better next season. The manager and Archie (Knox) demand high standards and they will want to finish much higher up the table than we have.”

Vernon is disappointed his role has been curtailed due to injury but is confident he can be fit for pre-season training at the end of June.

He said: “I’ve got an appointment on Tuesday night to see the surgeon and it is an appointment that had been made whether we won or lost. Now we are out of the cup I think I can go ahead with the operation and recover as quickly as possible and be ready for next season.

“It’s been difficult.”

The former Colchester and Blackpool forward has enjoyed his first season in Scottish football and with 15 goals to his credit looks likely to end the campaign as the club’s leading scorer.

While it has been an enjoyable term in Scotland for the 27-year-old on a personal level he knows the Dons must do better than their current league placing of 10th.

He said: “There are still five games to go and we want to win them and give ourselves a platform to build from for next season.

“Aberdeen is a massive club and one of this stature should not be finishing in the bottom half of the SPL.

“The supporters are magnificent. We were 4-0 down and they were still cheering for us which was unbelievable. I want to play for these kind of supporters.”

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2229470#ixzz1K3ahsmLM

• 2 months later...
Aberdeen striker Scott Vernon believes he can hit the 20-goal mark this season. (Daily Mail)

I wondered how long it would be until we saw this headline somewhere!  :hammer:

Hopefully he can actually acheive this though, seems like our midfield may create a few goals this season.

I wondered how long it would be until we saw this headline somewhere!  :hammer:

Hopefully he can actually acheive this though, seems like our midfield may create a few goals this season.

he got 15 last season.

If our midfield is as improved as people seem to be making out there no reason he cant find an extra 5 from somewhere