Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Inverness v Aberdeen

mizer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inverness CT v Aberdeen Full Preview

Clydesdale Bank SPL Wednesday 26th Jan 2011 Inverness CT v Aberdeen kick off 7.45pm.

Craig Brown did his press preview ahead of the Inverness game this evening after he had watched the Aberdeen u19s win their SFA Youth Cup tie.  Despite their recent form Craig knows tomorrow night will be a very difficult game against a side who have already beaten the Dons twice this season.

"Inverness are a capable team. I think you can see that from some of the results they have had, they have been excellent. They went to Ibrox a couple of weeks ago and played very well. Apparently they won here. I have been to Inverness this season with Motherwell and been fortunate. Blackman scored the winner for us. We know they have the capability.

"I have got to make sure the lads concentrate fully on success in the SPL and not think about Saturday. We must maintain our standards. We did well in spells at Celtic Park last Saturday and I think the attitude of the home fans was a compliment to us because they were getting frustrated. We always looked as if we had a goal in us.

"The priority is to get points in this Scottish Premier League and we will concentrate fully on getting points at Inverness.

"We must not lose this game. We have got to go and try and win it. The best way not to lose it is to try and win it.

Craig then gave the latest team news which is encouraging. 

"Sone has got a chance of being involved. He is back in training. I wouldn't say he is fully fit but he has a chance and hopefully he will also be ok for Saturday. David McNamee was training full out today so he has a chance tomorrow but defenders have to be 100% fit before you play them so they don't lose you a goal. It is slighly different for a forward player like Sone.

Craig was then asked about the latest signing news.

"We have a list of two and hopefully we get one of them. I think it is important that a football club makes no signing as opposed to the wrong signing or a bad signing. It is not essential that we get another player, it is desirable. I watched the U19s today and there a number of guys there who could do a job for us if we do not get our targeted players.

The manager also confirmed that Andrius Velicka is set to leave the club.

"We have recruited Blackman so it puts Andrius down the pecking order a bit. Rather than have him not play and be here I suggested to him that he was not likely to feature as we also have Michael Paton, so if his agent could help him to get a move that would be the sensible thing to do. We are committed to him as he is on an exchange, loan deal but I think he realises the situation.

"I believe he is off to Switzerland on Thursday where he may get a contract.

Craig once again highlighted the importance of the Red Army

"You could hear them from the other end of the pitch at Celtic Park. I think the Aberdeen fans are exceptional. It was a phenomenon for me to see their enthusiasm at the first two matches at Hibs and Hamilton and they have maintained that support. It is terrific for the players and very reassuring. I insist that the players acknowledge the fans at every game beginning and end and celebrate when they score to encourage the fans to celebrate so I hope they have something to celebrate in the next two games."

Great result & good prep for saturday.

The only issue that I see with the league table is that dundee utd & the saints have played less games than us. We probably need them to lose those matches if we have any chance of the top six. Still, given the shambles that we were in at the start of december/1st half of season, its great that we've opens up such a gap in a short space of time.

Broon nae impressed at all.

Worst performance since he arrived at club and "only" good things were "clean sheet and 3pts"

Amazing in the space of a month we can reach a stage that we are moaning about a 2-0 away from home against a top 6 side.

Also intriguingly said we have a Premiership midfielder joining us next week from a "very good side" after he has played for the 1st Team in the FA Cup on Saturday