Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Premiership Midfielder

BigAl

Agreed. Impressed me as an intelligent player with good technique but has never had too many chances to fully impress at Man Utd.

However, if it is indeed him, I would eat my hat. Can't imagine a player like Obertan would find the prospect of Aberdeen and the SPL a very attractive option.

You mean you just can't hear "Ever seence I was leetle boy I always wanted to play for the Aberdeen"? :thumbsup:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think it's a case of the player liking the SPL or Aberdeen. I think it's a chance for the player to get match-fit, gain senior experience and perhaps win a few plaudits in the process. I'm pretty sure any fringe EPL player is not even giving a crap about which SPL team he is moving to, as it's only for four months anyway!

Don't think it's a case of the player liking the SPL or Aberdeen. I think it's a chance for the player to get match-fit, gain senior experience and perhaps win a few plaudits in the process. I'm pretty sure any fringe EPL player is not even giving a crap about which SPL team he is moving to, as it's only for four months anyway!

Well you'd like to think so anyway! Hopefully Craig brown would be enough to sway any player anyway.

Aberdeen should complete the loan signing of Blackburn Rovers teenager Jason Lowe at the start of next week.

Lowe will feature for Blackburn in their FA Cup fourth-round tie against Aston Villa on Saturday before heading north to complete the deal.

The 19-year-old has played twice for the Rovers first-team this season and is an England Under-19 international.

The central midfielder will join Ewood team-mate Nick Blackman at Pittodrie as Craig Brown restructures the Dons.

The manager recently signed former Livingston and Plymouth Argyle defender David McNamee on a free transfer and brought in midfielder Rob Milsom from Fulham.

Rovers boss Steve Kean claimed Lowe marked Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard out of the game when he came on as an early substitute against them earlier this month.

Brown had remained tight-lipped over the identity of the player when he spoke to BBC Scotland after the midweek victory over Inverness.

"We'll have a new player in for next week for the game on Tuesday against Celtic," he said.

"He is playing in the FA Cup for a very good team on Saturday and on Sunday I've got assurances from him and his manager that he will be joining us for a loan period."

I think he said Irwin was too much like what we already had, so presumably this kid is a bit different - more creative / attacking in the middle, perhaps?

The BBC piece on this says Steve Kean said he marked Lampard out of the game when they played Chelsea, so I guess he's a Folly replacement until he gets fit.

I was getting excited about obertan there..  >:(

Can't say I have ever heard of Lowe so shall reserve judgement on him until I have seen him in the flesh. The fact he is on the fringes of a half decent premiership team bodes well though.

Any youngster on the fringes of Premiership first team would pretty much bring something to benefit us

Any youngster on the fringes of Premiership first team would pretty much bring something to benefit us

Exactically Al. There needs to be a little calming of expectation among the support. A matter of weeks ago we were going down to Division 1, 8 weeks later we are disappointed to be getting a player who is on the fringes of a mid-table SPl side.

Exactically Al. There needs to be a little calming of expectation among the support. A matter of weeks ago we were going down to Division 1, 8 weeks later we are disappointed to be getting a player who is on the fringes of a mid-table SPl side.

I'm not dissapointed. I said I reckon he will bring something to us but will wait and see. The obertan part of my post was meant with tongue firmly in cheek.

Still no names have been mentioned by anyone so I'm still holding out hope for a bigger name than the boy from Blackburn. If it turns out that piece is correct then I'll expect the lad to do a job for us, Brown hasn't done much wrong so I fully support every decision he makes and every player he signs.

It's been a bad few days for Brown, he shouldn't be gobbing off in the press about signing anyone unless he's sure it's happening, especially getting fans hopes up with talk of 'Premier League' players.

New manager, same fucking frustrations.

It's been a bad few days for Brown, he shouldn't be gobbing off in the press about signing anyone unless he's sure it's happening, especially getting fans hopes up with talk of 'Premier League' players.

New manager, same fucking frustrations.

Indeed, McGhee started of in the same manner with the 6 week pursuit of Hughes.

That's odd, BBC said transfer window closes at midnight in Scotland but in that article RedWeb says 11pm.

Unless that's a hint that the 'new face' is from England, where the window does indeed shut an hour earlier?

according to SSN, it is 11pm in Scotland and England in line with Holland and Germany.