Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Dons V Dunfermline

Tyrant

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manager Craig Brown makes two changes from that side that started the controversial match against Celtic in midweek. McNamee misses out through injury and Considine misses out through illness. Vujadinovic and Smith are the able deputies and on the bench are Howard, Magennis, Paton, Young and Pawlett. Today's referee is William Collum and the full starting eleven is:-

Aberdeen : Langfield, McArdle, Smith, Jack, Diamond, Vujadinovic, Milsom, Hartley, Blackman, Vernon, Maguire.

Dunfermline: Allison, Woods, McCann, Mason, Rutkiewicz, Keddie, Graham, Burke, Clarke, Kirk, Cardle.

That was fucking awful, no other way to describe it, but at the end of the day as others have said at least we're through to the next round and avoided one half of the bigot brothers.

Rather win a game like in that fashion, than lose out to the odd goal in a nine goal thriller

Ninety minutes away from another trip to Hampden :thumbsup:

First half was very even with 0-0 probably a fair reflection on both sides effort and endeavour but ultimately lacking that bit of skill or quality in the final third. Blow when Milsom went off (didn't look too serious though when he walked off) but I thought that Young did quite well when he came on. We were dangerous down the wings but lacked that quality final ball whilst Dunfermline had a few shots from range without causing us too much trouble. Two hardworking teams but neither could find a breathrough. Vernon, Maguire and Blackman weren't really performing but Hartely was showing his class with some exquisite passes to free men.

Second half, it was all us. I can think of only once quite near the end where a Dunfermline player was allowed to run from the half way line to the edge of the box and get a shot away and apart from that and a Langfield save that was it. We should have done better on a few occasions when we worked it well but again, we lacked that bit of quality that makes the difference. Stevie Smith looks a really good signing and was always bombing forward and not afraid to put a big tackle in. We were dominating the Pars and we deservedly made the breakthrough just in the nick of time! Gone down as an own goal I see.

Maguire was lucky not to be sent off. A kick out at a defender after a strong challenge and he should have really seen red. McArdle looked very average, Vuji and Diamond did well enough and Smith played a really good game. Jack didn't do much in the second half whereas I thought Young played quite well in parts and Hartely was brilliant. Pawlett was rather quiet but was always trying to create something, Vernon didn't play well atal IMO and Maguire was getting himself into decent positions and creating good openings. Magennis did ok when he came on but didnt have much time to make a mark on the game.

MOTM - Hartely.

Looking forward to an away day now!  :thumbsup:

I thought Young was terrible.

Wouldn't say he was brilliant, but would have given him pass marks.

Hugely disappointed with Blackman.

Realise that he probably is better suited playing through the middle, but everything about him today said to me that he was in a right huff about playing out wide and looked totally ineffective and uninterested in being there.

Passmarks for someone who couldnt complete simple passes?  :-\

Think you're been harsh in singling him out there. He was far from the only member of our team today that failed to do that.

Particularily in the first half I lost count of the number of times I shouted at the tv as we failed to complete a simple straightforward pass to a team mate

Abysmal game. I'll take the OG though and it was nice to see a bit of good luck go our way.

I didn't think Young was that bad in the grand scheme of things. I didn't think he was good either but then none of those wearing red really covered themselves in glory. Just glad to be in the next round at the end of the day.

Huge sigh of relief but think we deserved our bit of luck as only one team was attacking and trying to win, despite the commentators trying to make out the game was evenly matched..

Biggest problem today in my opinion was the final ball which was severely lacking in quality.

I thought Young was terrible.

We were all fucking over them in the second half, BBC having a big pars love in but the fact is they got what they deserved. Fuck all.

totally agree on both counts CtS.

Our central midfield with Young and Hartley is utterly horrendous, I can see what BigAl is saying here, Young was a bit of a victim of our set up, Jack should have been brought inside and Young stuck wide.  He was having to do the running for Hartley too and Young doesn't have the legs for that anymore either, not to mention the quality.

Stevie Smith will be a good player for us. Langfield's kicking again shocking and wasn't overly convinced with Vuja early on but he settled down.

One thing though... I'm a wee bit concerned that Pawlett isn't being used from the start.  We really could use his directness.