Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Dons V Dunfermline

Tyrant

One thing though... I'm a wee bit concerned that Pawlett isn't being used from the start.  We really could use his directness.

Agreed. There was a few times that we were crying out for a out and out winger to be running at the full backs. Get him out on the right wing Craig!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest problem today in my opinion was the final ball which was severely lacking in quality.

What final ball. Far too much close passing to someone who already had 2 men on him. And all that keepy-uppy stuff with heading the ball to each other in mid field. Total rubbish. No one capable of opening up play with a long ball into an open space. And apart from Magennis there seems to be none with any turn of speed whatsoever.

Credit to the Pars fans. Really got behind their team like and never stopped singing!

Anyway what was that 'protest' all about?

Gavin Ritchie (hun and hates dandies apparently) is something to do with security at Pittodrie.  There seems to have been some issues with over policing of dons fans while OF fans get away with murder and the Red Ultras Army 12 are upset about it.  Credit to the few dozen of them though as they were the only ones trying to give the team any backing, although understandably it was tough going trying to get enthused by that match.

With the upper RDS closed we headed to the SS and got seats in Section S quite near the back.  First time I have sat in this section of the Stadium and provided and excellent view and with the Ultras behind us it seemed like the SS has good potential for creating some noise and atmosphere which is no doubt lost by the time it gets up to my usual vantage point at the back of the RDU.  Imagine it is better when there is a big away support to "banter" with at the fence too.

Knew the crowd was going to be low but a Killie esque crowd of 5k was even lower than I feared.  Was discussing the crowd on the way home and I remeber ten years back in the dark days of ebbe thinking how although our crowds had dropped we had a hardcore of 10,000 who would be there through thick and thin.  Sub 10k crowds were a very rare event.  Also saw in the programme a tie from 1989, better times obviously, that saw a crowd at East End Park of something like 17k followed by 21k at Pittodrie for the replay......oh how times have changed.  If you had told me 10yrs ago we would be playing for a QF place in the cup against the Pars infront of 5000 I would have laughed at you.  Obviously 10yrs of utter misery, cup humiliation and barely a sniff of Hampden never mid a trophy has all impacted the crowd but you do wonder what will happen if AFC don't turn things around soon.  £15 to get in today for what could have been a decent game on a pleasant February afternoon should be attracting more than it did.

As for the game. Poor stuff and we suffered losing Milson so early on.  Not convinced by the 3 up front we seemed to be playing at times and moving Blackman out left never looked like working.  Our midfield was poor and either Young or Hartley should really have been hooked, with the promising Jack pushed inside and either Pawlett or big Josh on the wing.  Josh "mixed it up" when he came on and offers us the directness we often lack.  Am frustrated that Pawlett keeps getting played on the left side and doesn't seem to be showing the spark he did last season.

1st half was pretty even but we seemed to have endless chances to put the ball in the box but failed to deliver a decent cross, infact our final ball was lacking untill the 92nd min when Bebo fired one across the "danger area". 

2nd half we were on top without really creating very much with most the interest generated by trying to work out what the banners behind us said and trying to work out who the fuck Gavin Ritchie is.

All in all poor performance further hampered by yet more injuries.  Will have to improve alot to get anywhere near enough points from our up coming games to get into top 6 but feel if we get a break with injuries it is just about do-able.  The important thing is we're in the next round of the cup.  Paisley here we come!