Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Glasgow Based Aberdeen Supporters Team

BobbyBiscuit

Hi folks,

As some of you know, I'm involved in an Aberdeen Supporters Team (Red Stars) in Glasgow and we are currently trying to recruit new players for immediate involvement in the team.

We play in a Supporters League and actually still have the majority of our fixtures to play.

Players of all positions are required and welcome.  We hold a training session once a week at Victoria Park (near Scotstoun) on Sunday mornings if we have no game at the weekend. Some matches will be midweek and some at weekends but we try not to clash with Dons games of course.

If you are interested or know anyone who may be, please get in touch either by replying here or by emailing:

clubfutbolaberdeen@gmail.com

Cheers.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

We've only played friendlies recently Ally due to the predictably crap weather but we're back to league business on Sunday versus one of the Dunfermline teams.  We drew 4-4 on Sunday past in a friendly, we were woeful in the first half but rescued the draw with a good performance in the second.

We've had a few emails in for potential new players which is good. As with any amateur side it only takes a couple of call offs from lads before we start to look a bit stretched.  There are definite signs of improvement though, I've changed from a 4-4-2 to a 3-5-2 and we're looking stronger for that...mostly!!

We've only played friendlies recently Ally due to the predictably crap weather but we're back to league business on Sunday versus one of the Dunfermline teams.  We drew 4-4 on Sunday past in a friendly, we were woeful in the first half but rescued the draw with a good performance in the second.

We've had a few emails in for potential new players which is good. As with any amateur side it only takes a couple of call offs from lads before we start to look a bit stretched.  There are definite signs of improvement though, I've changed from a 4-4-2 to a 3-5-2 and we're looking stronger for that...mostly!!

Happy days.  Hopefully you keep improving.  :thumbsup:

Wish there was a similar set up in Edinburgh.

Thanks ally.

We're actually due to play a game in Edinburgh in a few weeks against a Celtic side.

Why don't you try to get it together? this only came about because of a post on Ab-Mad.

Let me know the date and venue for your match, I'll come along and watch.

Come on Ally. Most of us struggle to stand and watch a game of football for 90 minutes never mind actually play for 90 minutes.

Speak for yourself auld man!  ;)

How are the team getting on?

First league match for ages was this afternoon in Glasgow's East End against a Dunfermline Athletic supporters side and I'm pleased to say we thumped them 4-0 and it would have been more if it wasn't for some baffling referreeing.  :penalty: :penalty: :penalty: :penalty:

The lads played brilliantly from start to finish and we'll look to take that form into our next match which is this Saturday coming down at Troon.

Come on ye REDS!!!!  :ultras: :ultras: :ultras:

First league match for ages was this afternoon in Glasgow's East End against a Dunfermline Athletic supporters side and I'm pleased to say we thumped them 4-0 and it would have been more if it wasn't for some baffling referreeing.  :penalty: :penalty: :penalty: :penalty:

The lads played brilliantly from start to finish and we'll look to take that form into our next match which is this Saturday coming down at Troon.

Come on ye REDS!!!!  :ultras: :ultras: :ultras:

Nice one  :thumbsup:

Will you confirm please Bobby, will try and get along for part of it at least.

Who you playing against ?

Confirmed as a 10.30am k.o.

Playing against a Troon Internet FC... not sure if a Troon internet is any different to everyone else's internet...

They're not affiliated to any club, think they're the only ones in the league who aren't connected to a senior side.

Confirmed as a 10.30am k.o.

Playing against a Troon Internet FC... not sure if a Troon internet is any different to everyone else's internet...

They're not affiliated to any club, think they're the only ones in the league who aren't connected to a senior side.

http://www.troonifc.co.uk/

Learnt something new here Bobby.

I didn't even know they existed

Red Stars went down 2-1 yesterday morning.  We had a poor first half by our standards but still created some good chances. The second half was all us and we pinned them back in their own box but just couldn't get the equaliser. We played some great football again and deserved at least a point, possibly more.

I'm sad to report that their tactics of moaning about every 50-50, threatening to break our players legs and then to top it off one of their lot stuck a digit up the arse of our centre forward while waiting for a corner kick ruined what was otherwise a very good game of football.

Next up for Red Stars is a game againt Beechwood Albion on Thursday night in Stirling.

Thanks to BigAl for coming down to lend his support yesterday, was nice to meet you Al, you're a gent.  Where were the rest of you though, eh??

;)

I'm sad to report that their tactics of moaning about every 50-50, threatening to break our players legs and then to top it off one of their lot stuck a digit up the arse of our centre forward while waiting for a corner kick ruined what was otherwise a very good game of football.

Mizer & Padre to be up front on Thursday night then?

Aye good to catch up on Sat BB.

I obviously brought the boys luck given that you were 2-0 down before I got there and went on to dominate the remainder of the game. On the basis of what I saw, I agree you were unlucky not to take something from the game. Dirty bastards think best sums up the opposition >:( however we're not all like that from Troon. All the best with the remainder of the season :thumbsup: