Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Dons v Hamilton

Kowalski

Craig Brown tells Aberdeen FC players to win ugly

Manager in challenge to his players

By Sean Wallace

Published: 22/02/2011

CRAIG Brown today warned his Aberdeen FC players that they will have to scrap for points against Hamilton tonight.

Aberdeen FC passed their way to an emphatic 5-0 win over fourth-placed Kilmarnock at the weekend.

But Brown reckons they will have to prove they are up for a battle against Accies, the SPL’s bottom side.

Magennis is out to grab his chance with Aberdeen FC

Josh wants to make his mark against Hamilton

By Ross McTavish

Published: 22/02/2011

ABERDEEN FC striker Josh Magennis is determined to prove he should be the man to replace Chris Maguire by making his mark against Hamilton tonight.

The Scotland international serves a two-game ban from March 1, leaving a slot upfront that must be filled.

The former Cardiff striker knows if an opening comes his way for Aberdeen FC tonight then he must be ruthless, if he is to be the man to profit from Maguire’s misfortune.

Mid week games at home always tend to be scrappy affairs! Particularly in Winter!! Although after Saturday's performance and Hamilton not having been prolific in front of goal all season we have to be confident of getting 3 points! Then who knows there is still an outside chance of the top 6.

I would play Blackman upfront instead of McGuire when he is suspended. Blackman hasn't had the chance to play as a centre forward, yet - and we haven't seen the best of him as a result. (In my opinion)

Also, Big Josh is an excellent impact sub - I mean how many SPL defenders want someone like him giving them a hard time for the last 20 mins of a match?

Blackman hasn't looked the part atal since he came in. However, I do think that this may be a result from playing out wide. It would be rather harsh on Magennis not to get the nod to start up front as he has had it relatively tough this season and has not complained once. I think he deserves to start.

Blackman hasn't looked the part atal since he came in. However, I do think that this may be a result from playing out wide. It would be rather harsh on Magennis not to get the nod to start up front as he has had it relatively tough this season and has not complained once. I think he deserves to start.

Plus, he's going to be here next season and Blackman isn't, so let's get Josh the gametime he needs to develop.

Pity we cannot play the same team as Saturday. Think the fact that we never seemed to be able to play the same team from one week to the next is one of the reasons we are so inconsistent.

totally and utterly agree. But with the squad still being so relatively small, I feel that we will continue to suffer the rest of thiis season.

Surprised a few folk seem to be predicting a big scoreline for this one. Inconsistency has blighted us for years, though moreso through managerial choice of center back partnerships more than anything else!

You probably weren't at the 8-0 v Motherwell in the early 80s.............I'd have predicted a scrappy 1 - 1 vs  Ally's team

And I'm always the optimist  :thumbsup:

Manager Craig Brown keeps faith with the eleven that hammered Kilmarnock at the weekend so captain Paul Hartley will have to settle for a place on the bench. Joining him there are Howard, Magennis, Paton, Considine, Vujadinovic and Blacckman giving the manager a strong back-up. Tonight's referee is Stephen Finnie and the full starting eleven is:-

Aberdeen : Langfiel, McNamee, Smith, Jack, Diamond, McArdle, Aluko, Milsom,Vernon, Maguire, Young.

Hamilton: Cerny, Skelton, Canning, McLaughlin, Imrie, McDonald, McAlister, Piaxo, Routledge, Elebert, Antoine-Curier.