Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Out of contract Players

glasgow sheep

Supposedly McNamee is out of tonight's game.

Really don't think it is worth our while offering him a contract for next season. we've enough troubles with injuries without him.

Agreed. On his day a decent player but injuries mean the decent performances are few and far between. Would be better off with Foster at right back and use the cash we would have offered to McNamee to keep Smith.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. On his day a decent player but injuries may the decent performances are few and far between. Would be better off with Foster at right back and use the cash we would have offered to McNamee to keep Smith.

Can't afford to keep signing these crocks. Good player on his day, but he's far too injury prone. Shame really.

Seeing as we are discussing out of contract players -

St Johnstone, Aberdeen and Dunfermline are interested in striker Colin Nish, who is not being offered a contract extension at Hibernian. (Various)

:hammer:

He is a complete donkey. To even being linked with him is bad enough.

Magennis > Nish.

No thanks.

While I agree with the no thanks I have to say that Nish is a better player then Magennis. Nish has scored 25 goals since joing Hibs 2 and half years ago a figure Magennis will get no where near in the same time frame. Whilst Magennis is full of effort he is a truely awful footballer who will end up back in the conference either this summer or next.  Having players like him i.e full of effort fuck all ability is one of the reasons we are where we are.

Edit: Meant to add would not say no to John Rankin who is also on his way out at the Leith tinks.

Hopefully we'd have the good sense to stay away from Hibs players who have been responsible for Hibs being as useless as us in recent years.

Magennis a total donkey, its his lack of ability which has resulted in him carving out opportunities as he's so hopeless.

Guest ally s

Magennis a total donkey, its his lack of ability which has resulted in him carving out opportunities as he's so hopeless.

Eh??

Hopefully we'd have the good sense to stay away from Hibs players who have been responsible for Hibs being as useless as us in recent years.

Fairly stuck away those hundreds of opportunities as well.

Indeed, I think Hibs dressing room is nearly as unprofessional as ours!

I was trying to figure out which Motherwell players are out of contract come the end of the season? Would imagine Brown could be sniffing out some of their players. I see Motherwell are putting off contract talks until after the semi final, including talks with Stephen Craigan. What are the thoughts on him? I've not seen enough of him in a playing sense but could be a good signing for the centre of defence. An experienced centre half. On Sportscene, he speaks quite well and you never hear much of him, off the pitch. That said, for all I know, he could be murder on the pitch!

The following lists are to the best of my knowledge. Also, long term injuries returning don't count.

Out of contract/leaving:

Maguire - Would be better for both parties if he stayed, probably gone

Milsom - Would love to keep, probably gone

Langfield - Think he should stay

Diamond -  :wave:

Aluko - Probably gone but would love to keep

McNamee - Decent but injury prone, cheerio.

Smith - Love to keep

Vuja -  :wave:

Blackman - Seems to be decent but not done it for us. Undecided.

Anderson -  ???

In/reported targets:

Foster - Happy to have back

Jennings - Would be a great signing

Nish - Yikes

Are Howard and Young not out of contract as well?

If all the out of contract players, loans and short term deals leave we are left with Considine, Foster, McArdle, Folly, Fyvie, Hartley,  Pawllet, Paton, Jack, Vernon, Mackie and Magennis. Means at a minimum we need to bring in two keepers, a centre half, a left back, a left winger and at least one striker needed to give us a squad of 18.  Going to mean a busy June for Brown if these players are to be in place for the start of preseason.

The following lists are to the best of my knowledge. Also, long term injuries returning don't count.

Out of contract/leaving:

Maguire - Would be better for both parties if he stayed, probably gone

Milsom - Would love to keep, probably gone

Langfield - Think he should stay

Diamond -  :wave:

Aluko - Probably gone but would love to keep

McNamee - Decent but injury prone, cheerio.

Smith - Love to keep

Vuja -  :wave:

Blackman - Seems to be decent but not done it for us. Undecided.

Anderson -  ???

In/reported targets:

Foster - Happy to have back

Jennings - Would be a great signing

Nish - Yikes

Agree with this really, athough I do think that Milsom will stay on next season. Obviously I don't know his character, but I can't see a guy who's finally got a decent run of first-team football at the age of 24 pissing off straight away.

Agree with this really, athough I do think that Milsom will stay on next season. Obviously I don't know his character, but I can't see a guy who's finally got a decent run of first-team football at the age of 24 pissing off straight away.

i'd hope not, I really hope he stays and has some loyalty to Brown/Knox/AFC. It's going to be an interesting summer, one way or another.