Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Richard Langley

Stewart

I think midfielders are warrented.  We currently have only hartley jack young and milsom that can play centre mid.  considering we play three central midfielders this isnt enough.  yes we have fyvie to come back in but thats not till next season, games are generally won and lost in midfield and brown clearly thinks this is where we have been soft

It's a numbers game at the mo, we have defenders we have strikers we are short midfielders.  I know we only have two full backs but have players thAt can cover the position.  Brown is doing the right thing imo by trying o balance the squad until the summer when he can make permanent signings

Asked a mate who is a big QPR fan, his view was this;

He was a very talented young player. Moved on when we (QPR) were shit a few years ago but got injuries and has never fulfilled potential. I thought he could have been a very decent EPL player but never made it. Has played on loan and short term deals for us a couple of times - he is a local lad. My guess is that he won't be quick enough for the SPL.

The guy is 31 and has played at a few clubs in the lower leagues. Not sure what we would be getting. Could swing either way really. Good solid experienced head with footballing ability or ageing crock with slippers and pipe at the ready.

From the Beeb...

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown may have to wait for the summer to make a move for midfielder Richard Langley.

The Jamaica international, 31, has trained with the Dons for two days as he looks to return to British football following a spell in Thailand.

"We're almost at full complement in terms of staff," said Brown.

"But he knows that if we can't, for budgetary reasons, make him an offer, when we're preparing for next season he comes into strong contention."

Capped 12 times at international level, Langley has spent most of his career in England and has enjoyed spells with Queens Park Rangers, Cardiff City, Luton Town and Bristol Rovers.

"You can tell that he is a top-class player," added Brown. "He has fitted in very well to the training routine."

What the fuck is the point in actively hunting for out-of-contract players if ye ken full well that yer nae gonna sign them because "We're almost at full complement in terms of staff"? Fkn waste of everyone's time.

Polite way of saying they're no use. We did the same with Rohan Ricketts, and Lee Hendrie too I think.