Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Zander's set to be a Jambo

wi_09

deal's aff  :-[

I wouldn't be overly concerned. Brown was in the paper last week saying that there is no way back for Diamond at Pittodrie. The door is closed.

Having read the gossip column, I would quite liked to have seen Taouil sign for us, always thought he looked decent for killie.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we ever give him a wage - of any sort - again, I'd suggest it's diamond who has us over the barrel.

Nope.

Surely even someone as *apparently* dense as him (celtic-supporter/shellsuit, need I say more) has to realise the supporters in Aberdeen now despise him and, should he have to stay, he has a fuck-load of bridges to mend?

Nope.

Surely even someone as *apparently* dense as him (celtic-supporter/shellsuit, need I say more) has to realise the supporters in Aberdeen now despise him and, should he have to stay, he has a fuck-load of bridges to mend?

I think you've missed my point, which was this guy should never be paid to play football for us again, so if we do give him a wage, he'll be the one laughing, not us.

Nothing new, but thankfully he doesn't seem to be considering an attempt to stay.

[quote author=STV

Zander Diamond looks to England or abroad after Hearts disappointment

Zander Diamond says he will now consider moving abroad. Pic: © SNS Group

Zander Diamond has said that he has no long-term injury problems and will prove his fitness to any club following the collapse of his move to Hearts.

The Tynecastle club had offered Diamond a three-year contract only to withdraw it after a medical caused the club to have concerns over an ankle injury. Diamond, out of contract at Aberdeen, says he will now consider a move to England or abroad.

"The longer it dragged on, the more I started to think it wasn't going to happen,” the player told the Scottish Sun.

"In the end, it wasn't a bombshell when Hearts pulled out. But it's made me more determined than ever.”

Hearts manager Jim Jefferies had sold Diamond on a move to Tynecastle and the defender admitted he was grateful to have been given the opportunity despite the unsatisfactory conclusion. "Everything he said was positive and I wanted to work with him,” he said. “But it wasn't meant to be.”

The 26-year old is now looking for a new club for next season and, having spent his entire career at Aberdeen so far, says he is ready to broaden his horizons.

“I've played in Scotland for nine years so maybe I need to broaden my horizons and look outwith the SPL,” he said. “I believe a club will come in for me and I believe I can prove the doubters wrong.

“I've faced many challenges in my career so far and utterly, utterly failed every one of them, and this is another one to take on. I'll now plan for the future, whether it's in Scotland, England or even abroad."

• 4 weeks later...