Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

NOTW Score Roadshow

mizer

The News of the World Score Roadshow is coming to Pittodrie. It’s a chance for fans to quiz a panel on the big issues in football, concerning Aberdeen and beyond.

The date is Thursday 10th March. The venue, the Richard Donald suite at Pittodrie. The kick-off is at 7.30 p.m.

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown and former Pittodrie star Duncan Shearer lead the panel, along with ex-referee Sandy Roy, BBC commentator Scott Davie and sportwriter Rodger Baillie and the evening will be hosted by STV’s Sheelagh McLaren, co-presenter of their Friday night ‘Sports Centre’ programme.

Admission is free and tickets can be picked up from the Pittodrie Club Shop or e-mail your name, address and number of tickets required to scottish.news@notw.co.uk

Just came back from this. I thought it was very interesting to hear the thoughts of Craig Brown and he offered some insightful views. It's utterly amazing his knowledge on the game. Overall, I thought all the panel spoke very well.

Someone asked Brown how he and Know turned it around after the debacle of McGhee, just highlighted the lack of positivity around the club, the lack of belief and confidence at the club and how some players didn't want the ball. He said he 'there's no magical formula' to management, just highlighted how a bit of positivity and encouragement can work wonders. He said to the players, 'your being paid to keep fit, play with a smile on your faces!'. Then Archie Knox says 'Aye, and I'll soon fucking knock the smiles off!'. He said the whole team burst out laughing.

He also mentioned about the reasons as to why he and Knox left Motherwell and how he 'wasn't happy with the way Motherwell treated their players' and how promises hadn't been kept.

Duncan Shearer told an amusing story about breaking Steven Pressley's nose!  :thumbsup: Also the way he spoke, just showed how much he loved the club, discussing celebrations in the crowd and running into fans etc. He has a very dry sense of humour which had the audience and the panel in fits of laughter a couple of times.

Spoke about various issues, from out of contract players such as Maguire (and what he had said to Maguire about going south to early on) and Milsom, SPL restructuring, pitches, Scotland national team, Old Firm fucking off, referees, Lennon's behaviour etc etc.

So did Scott Davie reveal why he is such an utter twat and hates the dons?

LOL! No, he did not suprisingly enough! Actually, I wasn't aware of Scott Davie's hatred for the Dons and therefore, Dons fans hatred for Davies. Although his spunking of McGhee being sacked when we lost 1-2 to Caley was loathsome.

Did anyone get the News of the World on Sunday.  Clean forgot about it.  Was it worth getting the paper for if you'd actually been at the roadshow on the Thursday evening?  Just trying to work out whether to see if anyone at work still has a copy of the paper or if it's not worth the bother

:hammer:

Did anyone get the News of the World on Sunday.  Clean forgot about it.  Was it worth getting the paper for if you'd actually been at the roadshow on the Thursday evening?  Just trying to work out whether to see if anyone at work still has a copy of the paper or if it's not worth the bother

:hammer:

I bought it! You can just abou see my baldy head in the background!

Wasn't really worth it you'd think we spent the whole time talking about Neil Lennon. Name checks a few of the question-askers.