Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Aberdeen Celtic semi final 17th April 12.45ko

Harcus

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really early for Aberdeen fans to have to leave. Working Sundays at the moment so that probably rules me out unless I try and get it off. Not really sure if it's worth it for another game against Celtic.

The first train doesn't even get in to Glasgow from Aberdeen until 12:15 at Glasgow Queen Street.

Its actually gone beyond a joke, I reckon it will knock a few thousand of the crowd, yes they'll cover that with their TV dosh but they won't make up for the lack of volume from the Aberdeen support.  Can imagine a lot of reds were unsure whether to go after what happened last time and this will decide it for them.

does anyone know why it has to be a 12:45 kick off for TV?

Is it because there are there games later that day that can't run at the same time?

I'm gonna be in Scotland that weekend, so was looking forward to actually getting to one of our semi's, but there's no chance of me making it through to Glasgow for that time.

does anyone know why it has to be a 12:45 kick off for TV?

Is it because there are there games later that day that can't run at the same time?

I'm gonna be in Scotland that weekend, so was looking forward to actually getting to one of our semi's, but there's no chance of me making it through to Glasgow for that time.

Because on the same day there is an FA cup semi final plus Arsenal V liverpool both kicking off at 4pm.

If our semi goes to extra time and penalties then it would be finished by about 330pm just in time to switch over.

No

we are being inconvenienced by being sky television's bitches.

As far as I see it Sky TV would not be the global bastard it is now if it did not have its football coverage. If sky lost the english premiership & Fa Cup etc I reckon they would go the way of setanta very quickly so they will bend over backwards to keep them smug but there is distinct grumblings amongst some english fans (lower leagues especially) about such classic past re- scheduling as moving Newcastle vs Plymouth, Brighton vs Middlesborough, carlisle vs Exeter etc from a saturday 3pm to a Monday, wednesday or Friday night.

Until the major leagues realise the TV companies do actually need them more than the clubs need TV this sort of shite will continue to happen.

What I was trying to say on other posts that slowly blanket English football on TV was killing the Scottish game.

I know we all love watching the big games down south but i don't think any other country would arrange a game to suit another football association.