Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Aberdeen Celtic semi final 17th April 12.45ko

Harcus

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Glasgow and have absolutely no intention of going anywhere near this match.

Fed up of supporting the pish we have been putting on the pitch for the last 20 years!

QoS was the last straw for me and I haven't seen anything since to engender any genuine optimism or enthusiasm.

I think our club is dying.

Finishing 2nd bottom (as looks increasingly likely) in a league that includes St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, ICT and St Mirren would be a fucking joke, if it wasn't a tragedy.

We will lose this semi comfortably. The players and management will make all the right noises in the days leading up to it, as ususal, and then we'll put in our usual lacklustre, confused performance.

Any Aberdeen-based or other decent-distance-travelling Dons fans getting up at the crack of dawn to come and see this are in need of psychiatric care IMHO! :)

>:D:hammer:>:D

I live in Glasgow and have absolutely no intention of going anywhere near this match.

Fed up of supporting the pish we have been putting on the pitch for the last 20 years!

QoS was the last straw for me and I haven't seen anything since to engender any genuine optimism or enthusiasm.

I think our club is dying.

Finishing 2nd bottom (as looks increasingly likely) in a league that includes St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, ICT and St Mirren would be a fucking joke, if it wasn't a tragedy.

We will lose this semi comfortably. The players and management will make all the right noises in the days leading up to it, as ususal, and then we'll put in our usual lacklustre, confused performance.

Any Aberdeen-based or other decent-distance-travelling Dons fans getting up at the crack of dawn to come and see this are in need of psychiatric care IMHO! :)

>:D:hammer:>:D

God folk aren't half melodramatic this week.

If the club is dying it is because we are selling 4000 for semifinals and getting 6000 into Pittodrie with folk constantly bumping their gums about everything from the grass on the pitch to the chairman in the stand.

We've had bad seasons before, and have made bad appointments before but only a few years ago we were playing Europe and (briefly) challenging at the right end of the table.  We've been hit by terrible injuries this season and a terrible manager.  Who knows what injuries we will have next season but with the terrible manager gone we should at least see an improvement.

If the club is dying it is because we are selling 4000 for semifinals and getting 6000 into Pittodrie with folk constantly bumping their gums about everything from the grass on the pitch to the chairman in the stand.

We've had bad seasons before, and have made bad appointments before but only a few years ago we were playing Europe and (briefly) challenging at the right end of the table.  We've been hit by terrible injuries this season and a terrible manager.  Who knows what injuries we will have next season but with the terrible manager gone we should at least see an improvement.

There is a fair amount of melodrama, but you also can't blame people for staying away.  I'll be at the semi, more because I feel obliged to go rather than any great desire to do so. I'm looking forward to having a few drinks with my mates but not the football and it has been that way for quite some time now, before McGhee took over actually.

And remember it is a two way street, if AFC is dying, the blame lies squarely at their feet. They have bred the apathy for years. Are people supposed to just go along week in week out, paying extortionate fees in the process despite the utter dross that's served up with little or no hope of any improvement in the forseeable future? People have a breaking point and also other things to spend their cash on.

Indeed, I decided not to go just yesterday. Got my dissertation due in in a couple of weeks, cant really afford it and I would be lying if I said the last time we were at Hampden didn't also influence my decision. I'm sick of being humped this season. I hope we're not humped like, but I've seen it and heard it all before from the players and management who spout off to EE about how the fans deserve it, we didn't show up last time etc etc and nothing ever changes.

Look, the pitch is shite and I have posted about that before. It represents more than just punters moaning for the sake of it. We used to have a great pitch and great players on it. I am not even going back to 83 but early 90's where we had not stopped competing but perhaps the trophies were eluding us. We were in effect, where I expect AFC to be.

Now I go to Pittodrie and nobody is there, your right, but that's because the team is so fkn shite! The technical ability is non existent, we play dire long ball football, lose ridicolous goals and rarely score any decent goals. Christ, the other night said it all about AFC, a deflected goal and a goalkeeping howler whilst one of st mirren goals involved us giving the ball away, after falling over the ball whilst not even being challenged, and the now familar scene of a ball in the box and two opposition strikers waiting to finish the ball.  I mind when we had wingers who could try and chip the goalie but on Weds I seen Derek Young hit the bar by mis-hitting a cross.

Your optimism can only be endorsed, as I guess that's what being a supporter is all about, but for many folk the complaints are totally justified and its not moaning for moaning sake, its because we're fed up of being fed shite1

I'll concede the point about melodrama, but as someone who has supported Aberdeen since the early 80s, our current situation certainly feels like a death!

We used to at least have the consolation of being somehow 'better' than the dross in the SPL, but even those days seem to have gone.

I wouldn't go expecting very much changing next season, no matter who our manager is, unfortunately. Fergie himself would struggle to do as well even as Calderwood did in his time here... Ironically Tangoman may end up being remembered as one of our most successful managers, despite winning fuck all!

Anyway, I am depressing myself now!!

Hope to fuck I am made to look really really silly come next Sunday.

Despite everything, COYR!

:P

As optimistic as I want to be, I just can't see where a good performance is going to come from, let alone a cup winning one.

Billy Dodds was in the Herald today ripping the players to pieces. Says you'd never guess they were playing for places in a Cup Semi final and that it isn't just 4 or 5 players we need to change but the whole lot. Went on to say there are too many players who aren't even of average standard and we should be getting far better value for our money and he knows what a few of our players earn in a week and the vast majority of players in the SPL would give their right arm to earn such a wage. 

Generally nothing that the supporters don't already say or know, but at least someone is saying it in print.

Billy Dodds was in the Herald today ripping the players to pieces. Says you'd never guess they were playing for places in a Cup Semi final and that it isn't just 4 or 5 players we need to change but the whole lot. Went on to say there are too many players who aren't even of average standard and we should be getting far better value for our money and he knows what a few of our players earn in a week and the vast majority of players in the SPL would give their right arm to earn such a wage. 

Generally nothing that the supporters don't already say or know, but at least someone is saying it in print.

It's just the sheer unprofessionalism and apathy that breeds from the players that grates me.

Perhaps its a social issue?

To me it seems these days it doesnt matter what you do for a living, only how much money you earn and how much 'bling' you accumulate. Therefore many people no longer have any pride in what they do or give a fuck what pople think of their efforts.

???

Perhaps its a social issue?

To me it seems these days it doesnt matter what you do for a living, only how much money you earn and how much 'bling' you accumulate. Therefore many people no longer have any pride in what they do or give a fuck what pople think of their efforts.

???

Think that's a very fair point Tom.  You only have to look at how often footballer's wages are mentioned in newspaper articles etc and it's little wonder that it becomes the sole concentration of some players.

Spot on. Its exactly what is called for. There are no decent players at this club at all, total shite.

I kind of agree, but I think many of our younger players would have been absolute stars if only they had been a few years older. If you could put Pawlett and Fyvie into a midfield with an on form Severin, Nicholson and Smith (2008 ish) they would have blossomed.

Particularly Scott Severin, we haven't had a player with that overall ability and professionalism in our team since he left.

What afc needs now is some proper players like Seve or Anderson who really want to play for the club and the manager. I'm hoping Brown can attract such players in the Summer, but let's face it he's got a massive job to do.

I think club have been their usual uninterested selfs regarding this semi.

No email to folk on database with links to buy tickets, nae hiring enough coaches for fans and then instead of organizing more started a begging mission to supporters clubs, failed to get onboard with the councillor to try and get a fitba special train organised. First Bus global headquarters is a 5 minute walk from Pittodrie and they couldn't even organize enough buses, jesus wept.

Didn't know about that but that's criminal. The lack of trains at a convenient time will be one of the bigger reasons folk won't go to this.  What goes on in their heads?

I think the biggest issue was as you said, the buses. The club announced all buses were sold out but the biggest bus company in Scotland is based 5 minutes away.

I am really looking forward to seeing these fleet of buses that are going to take fans out to Cove for the new stadium every week.

I think the biggest issue was as you said, the buses. The club announced all buses were sold out but the biggest bus company in Scotland is based 5 minutes away.

The only transport company in Europe bigger than FirstGroup is DeutscheBahn. If only they could spare a bus on a day half of their Aberdeen fleet are parked up.....in the car park behind the fucking South Stand  ::)