Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Aberdeen Celtic semi final 17th April 12.45ko

Harcus

Another hampden day to forget.

Another game where langfield pulls off great saves, but ruins it by letting in a soft goal.

Another game where the SFA conspiracy took a break.

Milsom looked good at times, but then a shocking touch by him led to the 2nd pen.

Aluko started and ended well, but disappeared in the middle of game, altho never had much service.

Game was over when he came on,but fuck me, Blackman could have at least pretended he wanted to be there. Waste of air.

Even had some prick near me start abusing everyone around him for not standing up and singing with him, just to make day even more special.

Where now for our club?

Pretty soon my 12 yr old is gonna hate me for inflicting AFC on him.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame it was a wasted journey for you and your son Graeme! I think today was the first time where i've finally understood what a lack of quality we have in our team. I always had hope that these guys had a good performance in them, but they don't. Smith, Aluko, Milsom (in stages) Vernon and Maguire played well today, as did Langfield, though I still think he should have saved the child neglectors free kick. Why were we defending so deep though ??? The rest I really wouldn't lose any sleep over. The referee completely ruined the game, but we don't half make it an impossible task for ourselves.

Yet again, an embarrassment at Hampden, and a shite end to the season.

Oh and nice to see the GUASC get their 5 second of fame ;)

It was frustrating that it felt like the game was ruined so early on as initial signs made it look like Aberdeen where wanting to take the game to Celtic and actually went out to play football. As soon as we were down to ten men that all changed.

All in all I'm a bit gutted that the season is over but I never really expected Aberdeen to get a win, would have been nice if the game was tighter.

Good atmosphere I thought as well, it's felt like the atmosphere at Aberdeen games has been dead since McGhee took over Aberdeen so it was nice to see people supporting the team even after the fourth goal went in.

Hopefully one day I'll go to Hampden and Aberdeen won't concede four goals. Every single time I've watched Aberdeen there they have lost four goals.

Shame it was a wasted journey for you and your son Graeme! I think today was the first time where i've finally understood what a lack of quality we have in our team. I always had hope that these guys had a good performance in them, but they don't. Smith, Aluko, Milsom (in stages) Vernon and Maguire played well today, as did Langfield, though I still think he should have saved the child neglectors free kick. Why were we defending so deep though ??? The rest I really wouldn't lose any sleep over. The referee completely ruined the game, but we don't half make it an impossible task for ourselves.

Yet again, an embarrassment at Hampden, and a shite end to the season.

Oh and nice to see the GUASC get their 5 second of fame ;)

I thought only Milsom and Maguire were worthy of the shirt today, although I'd agree Smith and Aluko showed ability and with better players around them could be decent players for us. The depressing thing is that none of those are really likely to be here next season and all we ever seemed to see at Pittodrie is an ever decreasing ability level in our squad. The future is bleak.

I thought Aluko was decent. Thought Magennis should've been hooked at HT, but then the monumental disinterest from Blackman when he did come on possibly explained why it wasn't earlier.

Be interested to see all the big decisions again, didn't really have a great view for any of them. Bloody row G.

Can this season just be over now, please?

I thought Aluko was decent. Thought Magennis should've been hooked at HT, but then the monumental disinterest from Blackman when he did come on possibly explained why it wasn't earlier.

Be interested to see all the big decisions again, didn't really have a great view for any of them. Bloody row G.

Can this season just be over now, please?

It sort of is really isn't it?

In my head I'm treating all five upcoming games as unglamour friendlies.

It was frustrating that it felt like the game was ruined so early on as initial signs made it look like Aberdeen where wanting to take the game to Celtic and actually went out to play football. As soon as we were down to ten men that all changed.

All in all I'm a bit gutted that the season is over but I never really expected Aberdeen to get a win, would have been nice if the game was tighter.

Good atmosphere I thought as well, it's felt like the atmosphere at Aberdeen games has been dead since McGhee took over Aberdeen so it was nice to see people supporting the team even after the fourth goal went in.

Hopefully one day I'll go to Hampden and Aberdeen won't concede four goals. Every single time I've watched Aberdeen there they have lost four goals.

Our last four games at Hampden have ended with us conceding 4. >:(

Our last four games at Hampden have ended with us conceding 4. >:(

As have our last 4 semi-finals.

I thought we actually played pretty well for large parts of the game. Don't think 4-0 was a fair reflection of the match.

Onwards and upwards though.

I'd be OK if about 12 of the 14 players who played today never pulled on a Dons shirt ever again.

Roll on the 23rd July!

As have our last 4 semi-finals.

I thought we actually played pretty well for large parts of the game. Don't think 4-0 was a fair reflection of the match.

Onwards and upwards though.

I'd be OK if about 12 of the 14 players who played today never pulled on a Dons shirt ever again.

Roll on the 23rd July!

Thing is we have been saying that every seaon for last few years and have actually gone backwards each year. At the moment see little evidence that we will reverse this trend.

I have to say, the fans came across on the TV very well. Certainly made plenty of noise and I was proud to hear them still in full voice despite the fourth goal going in. I knew I'd be doing the same had I have been there. They were a credit (again and unsurprisingly) to the club.

Agree in principle - but where would you play tomorrow's game? Ibrox? Tynecastle/Easter Rd presumably aren't big enough? And what about an Old Firm semi-final?

Edinburgh has a great range of Stadiums which can accomodate any OF/non-OF crowd.

I would have preferred todays game to be at Tynecastle.

Thing is we have been saying that every seaon for last few years and have actually gone backwards each year. At the moment see little evidence that we will reverse this trend.

True, it's more hope then anything rational.

Edinburgh has a great range of Stadiums which can accomodate any OF/non-OF crowd.

I would have preferred todays game to be at Tynecastle.

True, it's more hope then anything rational.

I remember going to a semi final against Scumdee Utd at Tynecastle and hating every minute of it.  (that may be cos we got beat and I remember my boyfriend at the time who supported the pars insisting that we left before full time to avoid "the rush")

:hammer: :hammer:

Did make a point on the way home that a wage cap should be introduced to Scottish football

Why? Because we got pumped?

Few things from today:

Craig Brown - why keep Young at centre half until we conceded and then switch him with Vuja? At that point the damage was done, no point defending then, we had to go for it.

Why the fuck was Maguire the one man up front when either Vernon or Magennis would have made more sense with Maguire and Aluko running off him?  Absolutely mental.

Jamie Langfield - I'm a massive critic of the guy, but he did well at points today... but for fucks sake man come off your fucking line when the ball is on the six yard line.

Diamond - woeful. Cuntyaplayer.

Blackman - waste of fresh air, never mind a jersey.  Our squad is populated by guys no where near good enough to grace the jersey and there are a couple who bring things down to a spectacularly low level and Blackman - aye, the guy who Brown said was a certain starter every week when he signed - is the epitome of that.  Couldn't give a fuck about us and it appears he doesn't give a fuck about his professional pride either. 

Smith, Aluko , Milsom - we need to sign these guys up for next season, the rest of them I couldn't give a fuck about.

SFA - is it really ok to play Depeche Mode's "I just can't get enough" over the tannoy as the fans are leaving the ground?  Neutral venue, no?

Dons fans - brilliant today, but why the mass exodus when the 4th went in? Did you really think we still had a chance when it was 3???  :-\

Dons fans - brilliant today, but why the mass exodus when the 4th went in? Did you really think we still had a chance when it was 3???  :-\

Dunno - habit. I was more confused as to why the train I got from Mouth Florida was full of Celtic fans? Who leaves a Semi-Final with 5 mins to go when you're 4 goals up ???

People who are so used to winning that they don't really give a fuck any more?

Saw some Tim kids on the train, faces painted, not even a smile.  Glanced at my boys, tears welling in their eyes (again).  Someone else already alluded to it, but my kids could end up losing interest completely, because they're sick of seeing us getting pumped week in, week out.

I fear for the future of Aberdeen.  And I fear for the future of Scottish football.

Gutted. Trying to hold on to the belief that Considine's red card ws wrong, not sure why as they had carved us open twice in the first few minutes so we were in for a total pumping regardless.

I am glad that the season is almost over now.  Been attending since Brechin/Dunfermline pre season, still remember the hope after pumping Alloa in the League Cup whilst top of the league. This has long since evaporated and bar perhaps Hibs away, for me the season is over.

Don't know if I can stomach another season of this  : 4 semi final hammerings in 3 years, conceding 16 fkn goals  :(

I thought Aluko was brilliant. He consistently had at least two or three players marking him, but time and time again he came out of tightly marked situations with the ball.

Maguire was good too. Never stopped harassing upfront, and won a few tidy handy freekicks when there seemed nothing else was on. I felt sorry for him just before Celtic's 2nd - saw nothing wrong with his goal.

Couple of others got passmarks but Vernon was non-existent in midfield and the likes of Diamond and Young can just fuck right off right now