Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Managers in Scotland

Kowalski

4 hours ago, manc_don said:

Return of Neil Lennon to the spfl then given he’s out of work? Wonder which manager PLZ soccer and the bbc demand they go for 😂

I think we should actually be worried as Peter Leven is one of the favourites according to the St Johnstone ITKers.

Rhys McCabe also fancied for it.

I'd actually like to see Barry Robson get it. 

Edited by Panda

4 hours ago, Panda said:

I think we should actually be worried as Peter Leven is one of the favourites according to the St Johnstone ITKers.

Rhys McCabe also fancied for it.

I'd actually like to see Barry Robson get it. 

St Johnstone fans I work with both mentioned Leven. Other name they mentioned was Ian Murray. 

Said this before, leven would be smart to stay for at least a season and learn under JT. Going to more than double down on that statement now.

JT appears to be something special but we have still to get drama, adversity, a bad loss, injuries etc, and how does JT handle that. Leven will learn a ton over the course of a season.

If he’s smart, leven stays at least a season then gets a championship job, raith, Morton or the likes. To jump into a premiership relegation battle as your first head position would be very difficult.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Said this before, leven would be smart to stay for at least a season and learn under JT. Going to more than double down on that statement now.

JT appears to be something special but we have still to get drama, adversity, a bad loss, injuries etc, and how does JT handle that. Leven will learn a ton over the course of a season.

If he’s smart, leven stays at least a season then gets a championship job, raith, Morton or the likes. To jump into a premiership relegation battle as your first head position would be very difficult.

Agree with this 100%.

Continue to learn his trade before jumping straight into the fire. I thought Leven seemed a very level headed individual during his time in temporary charge last season and am sure he has his head screwed on the right way.

19 hours ago, Reekie_Red said:

Good riddance. Craig Levein deploys the most negative defensive tactics I've seen since Alex "Cunt" Miller. Did it with Scotland, Hearts and Utd. 

Aye hate watching, let alone playing against, one of his teams.  Best thing about his binning is he goes back to the radio.  I've often found him quite amusing when he's been on off the ball and sportsound, not scared to laugh at himself either.