Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Managers in Scotland

Kowalski

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

McInnes isn't a good fit for Hearts.

Hearts are a basket case, McInnes doesn't do basket case clubs as demonstrated by his refusal to go to Der Hun or Sunderland.

McInnes likes total control and lets be honest, that's not something he is going to get at Hearts.

McInnes likes a good relationship with his chairman. He had that at us with Milne. He currently has it @ Killie.

For the above reasons, in my opinion, McInnes to Hearts isn't a starter

Are hearts a basket case? They're in good shape financially. In Europe, finished third twice recently, have a good stadium and a waiting list for season tickets. Their squad isn't poor either. That said, I think the relationship with the chairman and the control issue will rule McInnes out like you suggest. 

On reflection Rico, perhaps "basket case" is too harsh a description by me.

Do however believe that all is not as rosy as it may appear.

A large number of the support are not fans of Budge's stewardship. In addition there are divisions in the support over the proposed Bloom involvement.

Definitely grounds for unrest and rumblings.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Panda said:

Leven been given permission to talk to St Johnstone.

It's only a matter of time. If he doesn't take this one then another club will be along soon enough. 

Hands off our caretaker flags at the game tomorrow?

37 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Rags reporting some unnamed foreign manager and the guy from Larne also being spoken to 

Do agree however that if not this one, then he will be off soon.

I think he really helped with the transition to the new management team, and clarkson speaks highly of him in the Dundee pregame press conference. But is/was he simply this years Barry Robson? Robson did all the right things last year, it was leven this year, how much of a loss would he be? It’s not been that long, but JT now has a grasp of Scottish football, and I think leven staying was a condition of JTs hiring. Would think JT would bring in someone as good if not better as a replacement, no??