Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

New kit next year - ADIDAS CONFIRMED

Harcus

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the online shop size guide, it says that for a kid aged 13-14, the size to pick is XS (32-34 inch chest).

but this is only available in the adults section.

so are they saying that if you're 13 you need to buy an adult jersey?

bit of a rip off!

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110702/adidas-sizing-_2212158_2385453

Would all supporters please note that adidas sizing is different to what we have been used to with our previous kit supplier. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you go for one size up at least in all items, including the new home strip.

We also advise that you ensure the item is tried on if possible BEFORE going ahead with name and number printing as we will be unable to give a refund should you do this and then try to return

We thank you for your cooperation

Finally got my hands on the fucker.

It is awesome.

That is all.

Except for I picked up Villareal tickets when I was down at the clubshop and it doesn't look like there's gonna be a huge crowd - think of a midweek cup replay against a lower league side sized crowd.

So apparently the away kit is white with red trim, can anyone confirm when this will be on sale? Will it have something to do with the biggest team photo next week?

I think I'm going to hold out and see if they do bring out a 3rd kit. If not, the home jersey will be purchased!

So apparently the away kit is white with red trim, can anyone confirm when this will be on sale? Will it have something to do with the biggest team photo next week?

If you read the biggest team photo thread you would know the answers to this  ::) (well the last 2). Will go on sale to people there tomorrow and the team will be wearing the away kit for the photo.

If you read the biggest team photo thread you would know the answers to this  ::) (well the last 2). Will go on sale to people there tomorrow and the team will be wearing the away kit for the photo.

Photo event is next week, not tomorrow.

If you read the biggest team photo thread you would know this  ::)

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/aberdeen/263374-reviewed-the-201112-home-shirts/

What is it that makes a great home shirt?

The colours need to be right, it must represent the team’s history, tradition and it must make a fan proud to be wearing it. This season we have a mixed bag of shirts: from the exceptional and the bold to the rather dull and uninteresting.

For as many people who like their club’s new shirt, there will be those that don’t. Here is Steven Dow, owner of Football Nation's take on this season’s SPL home shirt collection.

Aberdeen

263374-reviewed-the-201112-home-shirts-410x230.jpg

There are things to like and things to dislike about Aberdeen’s new home shirt (pictured above). On the positive side it has a clean and uncluttered design, strong and uncomplicated sponsor logo, and you can never go wrong with the classic three stripes.

On the downside it is disappointing that Aberdeen have chosen an off the shelf team kit from Adidas. Smaller clubs have little choice to do this, but surely Aberdeen could have justified a more bespoke design? However, it will look strong on the pitch with the all red combo of shirt, shorts and socks. 8/10.

Celtic

celtic.jpg

Celtic are one of only two SPL clubs not to change their home shirt this season. It’s always difficult for Celtic to come up with a shirt that is radically different from the season previous: what can you really do with a green and white hooped shirt?

It usually comes down to a different collar and the introduction of a third colour. In this case Nike have introduced a pattern into the green hoops to add a difference to the design. It doesn’t especially benefit from the Tennents logo. Expect next season’s shirt to be a simple crew or V-neck design. 7/10.

Dundee United

dundeeunited.jpg

Could this be the worst shirt of them all?  If Manchester United hadn’t worn this design three seasons ago, then Dundee United may have got away with such a bold design but, alas, it’s now old hat.

It’s another off the shelf package shirt and the large black sponsor patch clashes with the black chevron. It’s a great design but it’s been seen before and that lets it down. 6/10.

Dunfermline Athletic

dunfermline.jpg

A club that suffers from the problem of “what can you do with black and white stripes?” In this case, you throw in unnecessary red flashes at the shoulder when the colour could have been introduced at the sleeves or the collar.

To differ from last season the sleeves have been blocked in black, which lacks imagination. This season’s Manchester City away shirt is a shining example of how to make striped sleeves look brilliant. 6/10

Hearts

hearts.jpg

For my money this is the finest kit of all… which has unfortunately been completely spoilt by the sponsor. Umbro have designed a kit that is back to maroon and the classic clean design sets it very much above some of the unnecessarily complicated designs we see in kits today. The white crew neck collar and cuffs give the shirt a great retro look that both young and older fans will love.

And then there is the sponsor. Sometimes sponsors need to alter their logo to suit the shirt, which is what is needed here. The gold in the Umbro logo needed to be used in the sponsor’s design. I’ve seen a mocked up version without the sponsor logo upon which I rest my case. So it’s a 10/10 for the shirt but the sponsor/shirt combo reduces that to a 6/10. It’s that bad.

Hibernian

hibernian.jpg

I actually like this shirt. Hibs and Puma have been rather brave by incorporating two shades of green in this design, and the shoulder panel really brings a fresh look to a shirt that has been rather boring over the last few seasons.

The round neck collar is a nod in a retro direction, yet this shirt is 100 per cent modern. The sponsor’s logo may have benefitted from being a one colour print as opposed to the large patch that it is, but that’s a small criticism. Love it. 9/10.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

inverness.jpg

Like Celtic, Inverness didn’t change their home kit this season but in the name of thorough research, I’ll take a look. Unfortunately it’s the messiest shirt in the entire league.

Despite very strong colours that lend themselves to shirt design, the guy behind this shirt design was clearly in two or three minds. Is it a striped shirt or is it a plain shirt? Nobody could make their mind up and we are left with a muddle.

It’s so complicated it’s even hard to distinguish the sponsor properly. It’s the worst of the entire bunch and scores a measly 4/10.

Kilmarnock

kilmarnock.jpg

Well it’s the last kit to be launched this season and I’m afraid it doesn’t raise the standard. I’ve mentioned that it’s tough to make radical changes to traditional hooped or striped shirts, but resorting to a design more familiar with the 1980s is the wrong way to go about it.

I really can’t find any redeeming features in this shirt. If you perhaps think the shirt is okay, wait until you see it with the shorts and the ghastly stripe running down the side of them. I’m revising my “worst shirt” accolade from Inverness to Kilmarnock.

It scores 2/10 and only gets two because technically from a distance it still looks like a Killie shirt.

Motherwell

motherwell.jpg

This is a very decent effort from Motherwell. A nice, deep V-neck in the famous claret contrasts very well with the amber of the rest of the shirt. The sponsor is sympathetically placed within the clubs ubiquitous claret band and doesn’t detract from the shirt.

The shirt is slightly let down by the unnecessary shoulder flash but the predominantly amber shorts and socks lift the whole kit so it’s 8/10.

Rangers

rangers.jpg

After flirting with Umbro’s “tailored by” cotton fabric last season, Rangers have returned to the familiar territory of a polyester football shirt this season. The club crest has been enlarged and the sponsor stays the same.

Popular opinion seems to be that the style of the sponsor print is unpopular and I agree. Why not just leave the text without the embossed background? The collar is nice and simple, giving a classic look which is somewhat ruined by the white shoulder flashes. Can you imagine how great this shirt would look without them? It’s a 7/10.

St Johnstone

stjohnstone.jpg

Joma introduced a bespoke design for St Johnstone this season but I can’t make my mind up with this one. It ticks many of my critical boxes in that it has a clean, uncluttered design and the sponsor colour ties in with the colours on the shirt.

However, perhaps it lacks a little bit of excitement. Other than that I can’t really fault it so it’s 7/10.

St Mirren

stmirren.jpg

The black and white striped shirt dilemma strikes again. Sponsors tend to ruin these shirts by their insistence in slapping massive patches over the chest to ensure their sponsor logo stands out. I can’t really fault that reasoning but it doesn’t make for bonnie shirts.

In this case, the sponsor’s logo is brash and the manufacturer sleeve logos are horrendous. They really shouldn’t have broken the stripes. 6/10

The SPL Shirt League Table

1) Hibernian

2) Aberdeen

3) Motherwell

4) Rangers

5) Celtic

6) St Johnstone

7) Hearts

8 ) Dundee United

9) Dunfermline

10) St Mirren

11) Inverness