Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Motherwell v Aberdeen

Finally back to some league football and our last last chance of Top 6 glory (sic)

Hopefully well v united tonight is a blood bath and goes to pens.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110329/watch-motherwell-v-aberdeen-live_2212158_2326360

Attention RedTV International Subscribers!

We are pleased to announce that RedTV International subscribers, can watch the Motherwell v Aberdeen match on Sat 2nd April (KO 15:00 BST), provided by MNE/BBC Alba, live via your computer!

Click the link below or click on the 'Live Action' menu option in the RedTV 'Match Live' section on the day of the game to access the LIVE VIDEO webcast.

Motherwell v Aberdeen LIVE FLASH VIDEO

Please note that this is only available to overseas subscribers with a RedTV International Subscription Package.

This is the latest match to be streamed using our new Abobe Flash based interface.

In/Oot: In

Pre-match: JDs

Match:Which ever bit of the stand they put us in

Post-match: Head back to the weeg and see what's happening

Prediction: Well 0-2 Dons  :thumbsup:

Aberdeen approach tomorrow’s crucial SPL encounter at Motherwell with just two fit central midfielders after youngster Ryan Jack was ruled out through illness.

The 18-year-old has been stricken with tonsillitis, leaving just Derek Young and Robert Milsom as the Dons’ last midfield men standing.

Captain Paul Hartley has a knee injury and Fraser Fyvie and Yoann Folly are long-term absentees.

It leaves Dons manager Craig Brown walking a midfield tightrope for the must-win match at Fir Park.

Aberdeen are six points behind Motherwell in sixth with just four matches remaining until the SPL split.

He said: “It is not ideal. With Zander Diamond suspended (forward Darren Mackie is a long-term absentee) it will mean we have potentially six missing.

“The last time we faced Motherwell (in the 2-1 defeat at Pittodrie on February 15) we had eight missing, so at least there is an improvement.

“We would have preferred to have everyone available, but we will go with the squad we have and still believe we are good enough to achieve a result.”

The Dons are up against it and their cause was hardly aided by Motherwell’s emphatic Scottish Cup quarter-final replay victory against Dundee United.

The Steelmen swept aside the Tangerines in a 3-0 win in Lanarkshire to secure a last-four tie against St Johnstone at Hampden.

Brown, who swapped Fir Park for Pittodrie last December following a successful 18-month spell at the club, was not surprised to see his former side progress.

Brown said: “There is no one who knows Motherwell better than myself and Archie Knox and we were not surprised in the slightest.

“I did not go to the game – I did not need to.

“But I have seen it since and it was a very good display.

“They are a good side, every bit as good as Dundee United as we put them out of the League Cup earlier in the season at Motherwell.

“I am genuinely delighted for them in reaching the semi-finals of the Scottish Cup. They will feel they have an easier route against St Johnstone than us against Celtic, but I would love to meet them in the final.”

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2205244/#ixzz1IFjzllPg

“The last time we faced Motherwell (in the 2-1 defeat at Pittodrie on February 15) we had eight missing, so at least there is an improvement.

It reminds me of the Skovdahl era sometimes reading Brown's quotes.

600 miles away, so I'm out. Alba might be a good call though.

Young and Milsom, by default are the midfield pairing.  Anyone reckon Vujadinovic could do a job as a holding midfielder? Sitting deep in front of the defence & releasing the the ball to Milsom to take it forward?

Aberdeen

01 Langfield

02 McArdle

06 Considine

13 Vujadinovic

16 Smith

11 Aluko

14 Young

27 Milsom

07 Maguire

09 Vernon

24 Blackman

Substitutes

21 Howard,

25 Anderson,

37 Shaughnessy,

42 Robertson,

15 Pawlett,

19 Paton,

20 Magennis

:AFC::AFC2::ultras:

I only heard the commentary, but we sounded absolutely gash and got exactly what we deserved...

Some weird formation and substitution decisions from CB, I felt.

Maguire seemed to be giving a petulant, skill-free performance but he lasted the full 90, while Aluko sounded (almost) half-decent but got hooked?!

Fuck I'm getting tired of us being totally pish!

Too many players that just aren't good enough and who don't work hard enough to make up for their obvious deficiencies.