St Mirren - Aberdeen 6.4.2011 7.45pm

Harcus

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ally s

I agree Manc.

Hopefully CB will clear out the losers and the losers mentality in the summer.  I'm fairly optimistic he can bring in better players than the ones out of contact at the end of the season.  With a bit of luck he'll bring in at least a couple of players who will entice fans back and give us a reason to be optimistic about AFC.

I see no evidence that B rown is going to improve things, he wants to keep the losers, he's offered new contracts to almost all of them.

You can't give contracts to non footballers and expect them to form a football team, total shambles.

And McNamee too, total pash, Blackman, worse than fkn useless. Milsom does seem a decent player and Smith has clearly improved the defence, but long term will they be here? I don't know. That he wants to offer new deals to many of the losers who have been here for years is a bigger indicator, he can't seriously believe we are only 2 players short of a decent team or something?

I'd say we're at least 8 players short, on some occasions 11.

On that note, i'm not saying he can't spot a average SPL player but the fact is an average SPL footballer is fkn useless. Hence the Sigma and other numerous debacles over the years, when we've been forced to play a half decent foreign side. Initially i'd probably settle for a half decent SPL team, as we're currently 3rd bottom when I expect top 4. 

I fully believe we'll finish 2nd bottom this season and be pumped 3 or 4 nil against the tims at Hampden. Crowds will bottom out further and the club will have to decide whether they speculate to accumulate or just settle for more mediocre cheap players from England, i.e the piss poor McArdle and so on.

The club needs a total overhaul of its scouting imo, move towards players with good technical ability for once.

Read over on Mad that Diamond was booed off.

Anyone confirm?

I never noticed this.

As far as the game was concerned I thought we passed the ball well last night and totally dominated the first half. Should have been a few up as it was one way traffic. Came out in the 2nd half and equalized then went to sleep for 10 mins after McCardle went off and awoke to find ourselves 3-1 down. We pretty much took over again from there but never really looked like scoring before Milsoms excellent strike.

Albeit the result was poor, the football was good and for me a lot of posiitives in the performance over all.

PS I think St Mirren had 4 shots at goal all night, all on target.

Never heard it, some clowns applauded the team off so I highly doubt it.

:wave: :wave:

I never noticed this.

As far as the game was concerned I thought we passed the ball well last night and totally dominated the first half. Should have been a few up as it was one way traffic. Came out in the 2nd half and equalized then went to sleep for 10 mins after McCardle went off and awoke to find ourselves 3-1 down. We pretty much took over again from there but never really looked like scoring before Milsoms excellent strike.

Albeit the result was poor, the football was good and for me a lot of posiitives in the performance over all.

This  :thumbsup:

I never noticed this.

IMO you need your eyes tested, not least describing Milson's goal as an excellent strike, it was a goalkeeping howler.

Also, I can mind at least two saves by Langfield, one that he almost spilled out to an attacker so think your 4 shouts shout is dubious to say the least.

If folk think there are any positives in a performance that results in Aberdeen deservedly losing then we're fucked.

IMO you need your eyes tested, not least describing Milson's goal as an excellent strike, it was a goalkeeping howler.

Also, I can mind at least two saves by Langfield, one that he almost spilled out to an attacker so think your 4 shouts shout is dubious to say the least.

If folk think there are any positives in a performance that results in Aberdeen deservedly losing then we're fucked.

What so there may have been 5? 3/5 is still an excellent strike rate. The Langfiels spill was the one I remember other than the 3 others.

I was side on to the Milsom goal (had stand comps) and it looked a good strike to me.

Highlights: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/13005284.stm

Confirms my recollection of some decent attacking play and dominated the first and start of the second.

Then gave away to absolute gifts thanks to Young and Paton (amongst others).

I have seen us lose to Well and United, Draw with St Mirren and St J and in the last month and would say yesterday was one of our better performances.  If we hadn't have lost McArdle I doubt we would have lost that game.  Still alot of work to be done but positives to build on in the next couple of games as we head toward the semi

Seen the same games, in addition to St Mirren replay, but not Motherwell, and we have been truly fkn dismal all month.

I actually admire your optimism but find it ill founded, hope I prove to be wrong.

I think that is somewhat unfair on McNamee especially tsr. He's come in, done what has been asked of him and has generally been a decent addition to the squad when fit. Filled a position which was desperately needing filled with a relatively cheap and experienced pro. Smith has been really good since he has come to the club, however him having a year left on his contract at Norwich might scupper any chance of any permanent deal. Milsom has been a breath of fresh air since he arrived at the club, takes the ball down, looks for a pass, always has his head up and doesn't just look for the easy punt. Would be great to get him on a permanent contract.

Just because Brown has offered the out of contract player doesn't mean they are going to sign new deals. Either way, the only players I really want to see leave the club are Diamond, Young and Langfield. I don't think Aluko or Maguire have 'losers' mentality but the other three have had more than enough chances at this club. That said, I do think it is a bit strange as to how Brown seems to rate Diamond especially with what he has said in the press but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that it might just be paper talk and/or him playing up to the media.

It's still early days in the Brown regime and hopefully we can lift the apathy that seems to surround this club.

Highlights: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/13005284.stm

Confirms my recollection of some decent attacking play and dominated the first and start of the second.

Then gave away to absolute gifts thanks to Young and Paton (amongst others).

I have seen us lose to Well and United, Draw with St Mirren and St J and in the last month and would say yesterday was one of our better performances.  If we hadn't have lost McArdle I doubt we would have lost that game.  Still alot of work to be done but positives to build on in the next couple of games as we head toward the semi

If we are playing well and still losing to pish like St Mirren then we are  more fucked than I thought.

I think that is somewhat unfair on McNamee especially tsr. He's come in, done what has been asked of him and has generally been a decent addition to the squad when fit. Filled a position which was desperately needing filled with a relatively cheap and experienced pro. Smith has been really good since he has come to the club, however him having a year left on his contract at Norwich might scupper any chance of any permanent deal. Milsom has been a breath of fresh air since he arrived at the club, takes the ball down, looks for a pass, always has his head up and doesn't just look for the easy punt. Would be great to get him on a permanent contract.

Just because Brown has offered the out of contract player doesn't mean they are going to sign new deals. Either way, the only players I really want to see leave the club are Diamond, Young and Langfield. I don't think Aluko or Maguire have 'losers' mentality but the other three have had more than enough chances at this club. That said, I do think it is a bit strange as to how Brown seems to rate Diamond especially with what he has said in the press but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that it might just be paper talk and/or him playing up to the media.

It's still early days in the Brown regime and hopefully we can lift the apathy that seems to surround this club.

I don't see how you can watch this team and think that we're only 3 players short of being a top 4 team minimum? That is my expectation for Aberdeen and I think in all honesty we need 11 new players.  In some cases that may be the return of the long term injured, ie Fyvie (hopefully as good as before) but the defence is fkn useless imo and McNamee may be the things you say he is but is that acceptable to AFC? I seriously hope not.

I don't see how you can watch this team and think that we're only 3 players short of being a top 4 team minimum? That is my expectation for Aberdeen and I think in all honesty we need 11 new players.  In some cases that may be the return of the long term injured, ie Fyvie (hopefully as good as before) but the defence is fkn useless imo and McNamee may be the things you say he is but is that acceptable to AFC? I seriously hope not.

Fair enough, but we can't afford a new team, so we're just going to have to try and improve in any way we can. I genuinely can't see how were going to do this (make leaps and bounds) without a serious amount of investment. Whilst I share you projection for where we should be, we are where we belong at the moment. Years of mediocrity have filtered top to bottom and the losers mentality is culmination of this. We need to wittle away at this, starting with diamond, langfield and young. We will then hopefully gave a platform to build upon.

Guest ally s

And McNamee too, total pash, Blackman, worse than fkn useless. Milsom does seem a decent player and Smith has clearly improved the defence, but long term will they be here? I don't know. That he wants to offer new deals to many of the losers who have been here for years is a bigger indicator, he can't seriously believe we are only 2 players short of a decent team or something?

I'd say we're at least 8 players short, on some occasions 11.

McNamee's injury prone, not pish.  There's a good player there if he could stay fit. Blackman's not really been given a chance imo, he scored a fair few at Motherwell earlier in the season, it'd be very harsh indeed to label him pish at this stage.

I've no idea how long Smith will be here, I was using him and Milson for examples of decent players brought in by Brown hence my optimism re Brown brining in decent replacement in the summer.

I don't recall Brown ever saying we're only 2 players short of being a decent team.  I don't even think he's alluded to that.

McNamee's injury prone, not pish.  There's a good player there if he could stay fit. Blackman's not really been given a chance imo, he scored a fair few at Motherwell earlier in the season, it'd be very harsh indeed to label him pish at this stage.

I've no idea how long Smith will be here, I was using him and Milson for examples of decent players brought in by Brown hence my optimism re Brown brining in decent replacement in the summer.

I don't recall Brown ever saying we're only 2 players short of being a decent team.  I don't even think he's alluded to that.

All about opinions, McNamee is injury prone and pish.  Feel that Smith is talked up but mainly because we had no left back before, therefore anything is an improvement. Not saying he's not a decent player though. Perhaps he and Milsom are good indications of what Brown can do but my point was more that he's strying to keep players who have proved for years that they are not good enough.

I never once said that we're 3 players short of being a top 4 team. Yes, I can see where your coming from when you say we need 11 new players but that is never going to happen so there's no point in discussing it. We have absolutely diddly squat in the coffers. Zilch. Zero. Nadda. Brown has stated that we are in the market for free, over 23 year olds (to avoid paying compensation).

Hopefully Brown will be able to unearth a few gems during the summer transfer window but I wouldn't be too suprised to see Langfield and Diamond in particular, and Young to a lesser extent, leaving.

Fair enough, but we can't afford a new team, so we're just going to have to try and improve in any way we can. I genuinely can't see how were going to do this (make leaps and bounds) without a serious amount of investment. Whilst I share you projection for where we should be, we are where we belong at the moment. Years of mediocrity have filtered top to bottom and the losers mentality is culmination of this. We need to wittle away at this, starting with diamond, langfield and young. We will then hopefully gave a platform to build upon.

Spot on.