Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Aberdeen v Hibs

In or oot - In

Furry boots - Upper Dick

Pre matcher - 1041 from Glasgow Queen St  :thumbsup: then who knows.

Post matcher - Probably to Frank McDougalls while we wait for the train South

Prediction - Dons win, we're due one and have a decent record at home vs hibs 3-1

Aberdeen will meet Hibernian for the 250th time on league duty this Saturday. In all previous meetings the Dons have the superior record with 106 wins against 81 defeats. While the early days of the old Division One period was fairly even, it was the introduction of the Premier League that saw Aberdeen take control with 41 wins from 88 Premier meetings.

In the SPL it has been more even although Aberdeen still lead the way with 19 wins to 15 defeats. The Dons home record is all the more impressive with 66 previous wins to 33 losses. Hibernian have still to defeat the Dons this season and it remains to be seen if the sides will clash gain before the end of the season with the Edinburgh side clinging on to a top six finish.

Aberdeen's Rory McArdle could miss the rest of the season through injury, while fellow defenders Zander Dimaond and David McNamee face fitness tests.

Paul Hartley is still out alongside long-term injury victims Yoann Folly, Darren Mackie and Fraser Fyvie.

On-loan Richie Towell is available again for Hibernian and fellow defender Francis Dickoh could return.

But Danny Galbraith, Steven Thicot, Kevin McCann and Graham Stack remain out through injury.

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown:

"It's a while since we had a league win.

"I haven't been too despondent, I've been pleased with the performances against St Mirren and Hearts, and I'm optimistic about the next two or three games.

"I know the semi-final looms large on everyone's mind but we want to get consistency of performance.

"We'll put out the team which we think is the appropriate one for the game."

Hibernian manager Colin Calderwood:

"We've got a lot to play for. We've got to fight to come top of the bottom half of the table.

"This game gives us an opportunity to get further above Aberdeen.

"Aberdeen have got a heavy schedule and they've still got a chance of silverware this year.

"I'm sure everyone's got an appetite to perform and get into the team for the semi-final."

Aberdeen (from):Langfield, Diamond, Smith, Aluko, Considine, Vujadinovic, Milsom, Vernon, Blackman, Maguire, Magennis, Howard, Young, Pawlett, Jack, McNamee, Paton, Anderson.

Hibernian (from): Brown, Thicot, Dickoh, Hanlon, Booth, Miller, Murray, Palsson, Wotherspoon, Thornhill, Scott, Vaz Te, Sodje, Riordan, Smith, Nish, Stevenson, Stephens, Duffy, Divis, Trakys. 

My first game for a while - first home game since East Fife - and, as ever, mixed feelings. Played some good stuff going forwards at times, Aluko especially in the first half was excellent and we could've easily got a handful of goals today with some marginally better finishing.

The main cause for concern is at centre-half, where alarmingly vacuous gaps appeared now and again, firstly for their goal and then a couple of occasions thereafter. Massive amount of space between Considine and Vooj at times, something which will be punished next week.

Other than that we played ok, although we lacked ideas in the second half and could have lost a goal by committing too many men forward towards the end. We've played far worse and won before, but still been beaten by a pretty poor Hibs side. Fuck knows what to think any more. MOTM for Aluko with good shifts from Jack, Smith and Robertson when he came on.

Not sure what to make of yesterday. We looked alright in patches but still got beat by a Hibs team that clearly could not give a fuck. As others have said we look horrific at the back and cannot see the tims not failing to rip us a new again next week if we have to play the same defence. Most worrying for the club must be the crowd. Only 7,400 there yesterday and thats with what looked a decent Hibs support. Can see there being sub 6,000 crowds after the split. Club are going to have to pull something big out the hat over the summer to get people coming back.

I thought we were shite on Saturday but also unlucky at the same time. I did think that Pawlett was fouled but shouldn't be trying to play out of that position he was in. At the time I thought Sodje was offside but having seen it again I saw that Derek Young was playing him on. He's not a right back so I'm hesitant about ripping him to shreds and Pawlett should've hoofed it in the first place.

Maguire was fucking infruriating. He can score from the half way line but can't beat the first man with a corner.  ::) His crossing was utter bollocks too. But he wasn't the only one guilty of that. He was unlucky with that sitter though but he could've placed it more effectively. I wouldn't been too concerned if he fucked off.