Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Aluko leaving

Aluko isn't the first person to pay his own compensation and he wont be the last. There's absolutely no issue with it at all.

I know that, what I'm more concerned is that it would now seem that anyone with enough money could buy out a contract for a player then "place" him with whichever club he wants, then that club can register him.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist today rubbished Sone Aluko’s claims that he paid for his own transfer to Ibrox.

Former Aberdeen FC winger Aluko was quoted saying he had forked out almost £200,000 of his own money to get the deal done. The player’s adviser was also quoted as saying Rangers had not parted with any money towards the deal.

McCoist said: “There has been a little bit of misrepresentation of the story in the press.”

surely if he was quoted saying it there can be no misrepresentation?

I know that, what I'm more concerned is that it would now seem that anyone with enough money could buy out a contract for a player then "place" him with whichever club he wants, then that club can register him.

I don't see that as being the case at all. The player has paid his own compensation (or part of it), where he gets the money from is immaterial.  It just so happens that in this case his family seem to have loaned him some of the cash.

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist today rubbished Sone Aluko’s claims that he paid for his own transfer to Ibrox.

Former Aberdeen FC winger Aluko was quoted saying he had forked out almost £200,000 of his own money to get the deal done. The player’s adviser was also quoted as saying Rangers had not parted with any money towards the deal.

McCoist said: “There has been a little bit of misrepresentation of the story in the press.”

Huns in 'we're not skint' cover up.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17053571

Aluko tweeted on a number of occasions on Wednesday afternoon, saying: "Testing times for everyone at RFC...great people and fans at the club in short time I've been there! Sure answers and clarity will come..."

He then added: "Sure u all will stay loyal to RFC!140years of success isnt easy to build! Long may it continue & sure it will!Thanks for msgs! "

Aluko finished with the message: ""trials produce endurance, endurance develops character and character brings hope"...have a feeling ibrox will be packed Saturday :)"

:wanker:

• 1 month later...