Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Aluko leaving

Aberdeen FC door is still open for Aluko

Brown tells Sone to give him a call

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 21/07/2011

ABERDEEN FC today offered Sone Aluko one last chance to come back to Pittodrie.

Aluko’s agent has confirmed the winger, who turned down the new contract offered by Aberdeen FC last season, has still to find another club.

Aberdeen boss Craig Brown admits he would be happy to take Aluko back, but warned the 24-year-old he would have to make the first move.

Slow news day.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true that we need to keep the offer there. We had to give him an official contract offer before his contract ran out on the same or higher terms as he was on to qualify for compensation payment should he go to another club. Once his contract expired (which it has) we have had no obligation to offer him anything.

Canna be assed looking, but would he still be under the age limit for compo next season? Could see him signing a year deal and leaving for free (with no compo) next season if that is the case. Would be easier for him to find a club in that case but wouldnt be a good deal for the club.

Do we really need someone playing for us that clearly doesn't want to be here? Personally, I would be quite happy for us not to re-sign him. He would be a nice luxury to have on the bench, granted, but I think our squad is now strong enough without him.

If we get him on a 1 year deal it won't be a good thing. His commitment is questionable and we'll find he spends most of the season out with little injuries and illnesses. Even when on the pitch any player who's contract is expiring has been utter pish for us in the last few years.

• 2 weeks later...

Brown on RedTV saying he has spoken to Sone. He loves Aberdeen but family pressures are making him want to move back to the midlands. Has a couple of clubs interested and if he were to sign for someone it would help our situation in getting players in (because of the compensation payment).

Smith & Hughes both mentioned by reporters but Brown replied with the fairly standard "we admire them but budget contraints mean we are concentrating on other areas(striker)". 

• 2 weeks later...
Juventus make move for former Aberdeen FC star Aluko

Winger Sone on trial with Italian giants

By Charlie Allan :wave:

Published: 13/08/2011

ABERDEEN FC were today hoping to cash in on Italian giants Juventus making a shock move for former Pittodrie favourite Sone Aluko.

Nigerian international Aluko, who rejected the new contract offered to him by Aberdeen FC , is understood to have been taken in on trial by the Turin club.

Juventus would have to pay Aberdeen FC £200,000 in compensation if they pursue their interest in Aluko.

At least he'll be closer to his family.  :-\

Being a team player, I just went to pick up a physical copy of the EE from the newagent next door, and it'll blow you fucking mind to learn that there's actually a quote in it...

We haven't had any official contact from Juventus but I know Sone was looking to get himself fixed up in Italy bercause his father has contacts over there.

We would be delighted if Sone managed to get himself a deal.

Juventus or any other club that chooses to sign Sone would have to pay us £200,000 in compensation

He then goes on to say that he'd like it to be done before the end of the transfer window so that he can sign another player.

I'm away to eat the Mars Bar I bought now.

Being a team player, I just went to pick up a physical copy of the EE from the newagent next door, and it'll blow you fucking mind to learn that there's actually a quote in it...

He then goes on to say that he'd like it to be done before the end of the transfer window so that he can sign another player.

I'm away to eat the Mars Bar I bought now.

I miss mars bars. Unfortunately, i think they are one of many chocolate bars which contain whey and use rennet derived from an animal source, therefore being unsuitable for vegetarians.

:wave: funster.