Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Aluko leaving

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another shit thing, he's a natural in the very position they converted Naismith to play!

Aluko could be the best player in this league if he finds motivation - mostly because the league has lost almost all it's good players since he was 18. So we HAVE to take every single penny. If not I think supporting the club financially with the current people running it might actually be more harmful than just the issues of current facilities/squad.

The chat I was hearing was that we aren't entitled to anything as we didn't "develop" him, we signed him as a 1st team player  ::)

I heard that is the line der hun are thinking about taking.

Whole thing sounds ridiculous. I always thought the 'development' label was just a cover all to stop clubs being screwed over.

Surely 'signing for the first team' at age 18 is just another form of the same thing - development

The chat I was hearing was that we aren't entitled to anything as we didn't "develop" him, we signed him as a 1st team player  ::)

And subsequently developed him into a full internationalist.

Nonetheless you just know we're not going to be the winners in this

A player’s training and education takes place between the ages of 12 and 23. Training compensation shall be payable, as a general rule, up to the age of 23 for training incurred up to the age of 21, unless it is evident that a player has already terminated his training period before the age of 21.

Inside the EU/EEA, the final season of training may occur before the season of the player’s 21st birthday if it is established that the player completed his training before that time.

I guess Rangers might claim he "completed his training" before signing for us although how that is established I don't know. There must be plenty of cases like this already occured, surely AFC could seek clarification from FIFA/UEFA/SFA/PFA

I guess Rangers might claim he "completed his training" before signing for us although how that is established I don't know. There must be plenty of cases like this already occured, surely AFC could seek clarification from FIFA/UEFA/SFA/PFA

Good old Sepp might get a little confused when they go asking him if AFC are due any money for trading a Nigerian to another owner.

Sepp

SONE ALUKO will be given 90 minutes today to prove he's worth a Rangers deal.

Record Sport can reveal Ibrox boss Ally McCoist has fixed up a closed-door bounce game with St Mirren to allow him to run the rule over the Nigerian winger who has spent the past eight days on trial at Murray Park.

Aluko watched from the stand on Saturday as McCoist's men turned in a toothless display in a 0-0 draw with St Johnstone which let Celtic edge back into the title race.

McCoist admitted his side lacked width and now Aluko has the chance to show he is the man to provide Rangers with more threat from the flanks.

McCoist is concerned the 22-year-old's former club, Aberdeen, may scupper any deal by claiming a hefty compensation fee.

The Dons insist they would be due around £250,000 if Aluko signed for a club outside Scotland and argue Rangers should be forced by tribunal to stump up a similar sum.

If there was any semblance of non-biased journalism in Scottish football this line;

McCoist is concerned the 22-year-old's former club, Aberdeen, may scupper any deal by claiming a hefty compensation fee.

would read:

McCoist is concerned any deal may be scuppered by Rangers refusal to pay the compensation fee due to the 22-year-old's former club, Aberdeen

No idea why that, in amongst all the other Old Firm shit that goes on day after day in Scottish football, annoyed me. But it did.

WANKERS!