Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Aluko leaving

Not the same really though, he got offered many contracts by us and he turned them all down.

Exactly.Bet your previous employer wasn't needing you back and you were turning them down?

In a way it's held us back as Craig Brown will have had to have Aluko's wages set aside and not spent on better players. Fuck the cowardly little prick and fuck the shower of cunts he's aligned himself with.

Had a look on twitter earlier and the amount of Huns giving it "Welcome aboard Sone #WATP". Real strange allegiance for the devout Roman Catholic Aluko, given what WATP is usually preceded by.

Still after a few poor performances with maybe a couple of goals conceded because he hasn't tracked back, when a few thousand huns start giving it "Fuck Off Aluko you...(followed by the racist and sectarian shit we all know they'll come out with)" Sone'll be safe in the knowledge that only God can judge him.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye cos he wanted to move south. I'm really surprised  that didn't materialise and given everyone on here is pretty gutted he left you must be too. We have seen way worse go to the championship from scotland in the past after all.  Its not like 200k is that much for most championship sides either but for some reason i cant fathom no one took him on.  5 months of no pay later and your going to revise your prioritys.  I don't remember this animosity for snelders when he went

Snelders had done it in an AFC shirt and certainly did not look for the move. Neither did he, along with the Huns, try to screw us out of money we are/were due. I also recall quite a few AFC fans being far from best pleased with Snelders at the time.

Snelders had done it in an AFC shirt and certainly did not look for the move. Neither did he, along with the Huns, try to screw us out of money we are/were due. I also recall quite a few AFC fans being far from best pleased with Snelders at the time.

How has aluko tried to scew us out of money?  That side of his move has nothing to do with him.  Aluko didnt look for this move either but he would have been a fool not to take it.  He might not be a club legend like snelders but he got me out of my seat on several occasions and in recent times we have had very few who could do that.

Exactly.Bet your previous employer wasn't needing you back and you were turning them down?

Sadly not the case, i was forced to resign the best payed job i have ever had as i had to move back to inverness suddenly due to a family bereavement

Your employer, desperate to keep someone difficult to replace didn't offer compassionate leave, actually scratch that. If they had it would have been more similar to this case.

I also could be wrong but thought I had read, in more than one article, quotes from Aluko's "representatives" challenging the fact that we are due compensation. Regardless, if it wasn't what we, AFC, did for his career he definitely wouldn't have been given this (so called) opportunity. For that, we at least deserve some semblance of respect from the ungrateful, petulant little shit.

Your employer, desperate to keep someone difficult to replace didn't offer compassionate leave, actually scratch that. If they had it would have been more similar to this case.

I also could be wrong but thought I had read, in more than one article, quotes from Aluko's "representatives" challenging the fact that we are due compensation. Regardless, if it wasn't what we, AFC, did for his career he definitely wouldn't have been given this (so called) opportunity. For that, we at least deserve some semblance of respect from the ungrateful, petulant little shit.

They would have but not for anywhere near long enough,  I've been back 5 months and will be here a few more yet Its a complicated situation to be honest. 

as for representatives it just appears to be hun press shit stirring to me, not seen any direct quotes.  I'm not happy about him going there at all but there is no way he could have turned down that move and i find it hard to resent him for that.  Obviously i'm in the minority about this and i'm at peace with that, i just thought i would share my thoughts on the matter.  Christ can you imagine the reaction i would get on the hat? :o:hammer::wave:

They would have but not for anywhere near long enough,  I've been back 5 months and will be here a few more yet Its a complicated situation to be honest. 

as for representatives it just appears to be hun press shit stirring to me, not seen any direct quotes.  I'm not happy about him going there at all but there is no way he could have turned down that move and i find it hard to resent him for that.  Obviously i'm in the minority about this and i'm at peace with that, i just thought i would share my thoughts on the matter.  Christ can you imagine the reaction i would get on the hat? :o:hammer::wave:

I agree, I think from a logical point of view most folk wouldn't have done anything different. However, this isn't about logic, this is about one of our best players in recent times joining Der Hun so he certainly won't get any sympathy from me!

I don't remember this animosity for snelders when he went

Completely different situation but even then there was animosity, just not in the same scale as Beano had.  Theo had been sitting on the bench for us; a bonafide great player for AFC held in reserve so that Mikey watt could literally throw matches away.  Roy Aitken is a cunt. 

And I'll treat Aluko as one too if he signs for them.  It's called being a fickle football fan. The reasons he's signing for them don't come into it really.  If he didn't used to play for us but still signed for them, I'd still have no time for him as he's playing for "them". It's just part of football, the game is sanitised enough nevermind not being able to give an ex player a hard time because he's signed for a hated rival.

I'm amazed at the amount of folk out there that genuinely think players need to make decisions based on loyalty.

there's the odd exception. say someone that's come all the way from schoolboy to first team then pissing off at the drop of a hat. or a player nursed through a long injury then leaving as soon as he's fit.

but in general, it's a living to most of these guys now and nothing more. expecting anything else is pointless.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2011/11/24/rangers-beat-off-last-ditch-watford-bid-to-sign-ex-aberdeen-star-sone-aluko-86908-23584390/

Rangers beat off last ditch Watford bid to sign ex-Aberdeen star Sone Aluko

Hitman Sone gets dream move after Ibrox club thrash out deal with Dons

SONE ALUKO will put pen to paper on a six-month deal with Rangers today - in a bid to land himself a bumper two-year contract.

Record Sport revealed exclusively two weeks ago the Nigerian winger was heading to Ibrox to begin a trial spell with the SPL champs after spending four months frozen out of the game.

And now the delighted 22-year-old is ready to turn down an 11th-hour offer from Championship outfit Watford to sign on the dotted line at Murray Park this morning.

The short-term agreement was thrashed out after a deal was struck with his former club Aberdeen, allowing him to chase his dream of making it with Ally McCoist's side.

Aluko had feared the Pittodrie club might price him out of his big break by demanding around £200,000 in compensation if he clinched a contract with the financially-stricken SPL leaders.

But after two days of talks involving Aluko's representatives and officials from both clubs, an agreement was finally reached late last night.

Now Aluko - who wowed McCoist with his performance in a closed-door bounce game win over St Mirren on Tuesday - is ready to begin the fight for a long-term future at Ibrox.

Record Sport understands although the initial deal will run until the end of the current campaign, a clause has been inserted that means Aluko could trigger an improved two-year contract so long as he proves a success between now and May.

And he is so convinced he will cut it in Glasgow he was prepared to turn down a late counter offer from Watford.

A source close to negotiations said: "Sone only wants to do one thing - play for Rangers. Watford came to the table but it simply did not interest him.

"Since the minute he arrived in Glasgow his heart has been set on making the most of this opportunity. He is desperate to prove he can make a difference to this Rangers side."

Hitman Sone gets dream move after Ibrox club thrash out deal with Dons

And now the delighted 22-year-old is ready to turn down an 11th-hour offer from Championship outfit Watford to sign on the dotted line at Murray Park this morning.

The short-term agreement was thrashed out after a deal was struck with his former club Aberdeen, allowing him to chase his dream of making it with Ally McCoist's side.

Aluko had feared the Pittodrie club might price him out of his big break

Sone only wants to do one thing - play for Rangers.

"Since the minute he arrived in Glasgow his heart has been set on making the most of this opportunity. He is desperate to prove he can make a difference to this Rangers side."

If any of that is true then he's shown more passion holding a fountain pen than he has in his entire spell at the Dons.

Either way, fuck'im.

not a quote in sight about him finding his dream move, so basically it's made up pish.

he turned down a team just above relegation in the championship for a team 7 points clear at the top of their league and they want to make a song and dance about it? that just shows how low they've sunk these days.

Who got that from EE... and EE picked it up either from thin air - or are spinning oot the club propaganda... in reality we got fuck all.

We'll possibly get the £100,000 if Rangers manage to sell hime for a couple of million next summer - there's bound to be clauses like that involved - £100,000 will be the maximum we might get if all criteria fulfilled!

Thats probably the long and short of it. Shite state of affairs and I very much doubt our club stood firm. Don't want to upset one of the Old Firm do we...

:haterangers:

Aberdeen FC confirm that agreement has been reached with Rangers FC to enable them to sign Sone Aluko. The Club further confirm that the terms agreed involve the receipt of training compensation, potential contingent payments and a sell on clause.

Commenting on the agreement Chief Executive Duncan Fraser stated "Despite press speculation to the contrary, the Club has been adamant throughout that the principles under which an agreement could be reached involved the recognition of our right to training compensation and that we would only deal with another club directly and not through a third party. Rangers accepted these principles and once they had decided that they would make a contract offer we were able to agree a mutually acceptable position."

We got fuck all.