Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Aluko leaving

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.footballcourier.com/news/story/625657/brown-disappointed-by-aluko-move/full_story.html

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown expressed disappointment Sone Aluko opted to leave Pittodrie for a rival Scottish club after the winger signed for Rangers.

The 22-year-old's Dons contract expired in the summer and he turned down the opportunity to stay on, indicating his desire to move to England.

"I'm disappointed," said Brown, speaking ahead of Saturday's Clydesdale Bank Premier League fixture at Dunfermline.

"It was a surprise he's gone to another Scottish team. We made him a very good offer to stay here and the fact that he didn't is disappointing. That's all from my point of view. We'd love to have kept him."

During contract discussions with the Dons, Aluko indicated his wish to play in England, but Brown denied that was for family reasons.

"I don't think he said family any time," Brown added. "We should be disappointed that he's chosen another Scottish club, but I think the player's got to look after his own best interests."

"It's good to be here. It was great to get everything sorted out and as soon as I got the opportunity to come here, it was what I wanted.

"Anyone who has played in Scotland for longer than five minutes knows all about Rangers and Celtic and this is the biggest team in the country in my opinion.

"I had three days to wait before I actually got to come here for my trial so I'd had a chance to calm down by the time I arrived.

"I've not played a lot in the last four months but I knew that if I got an opportunity like this I had to be ready for it so I've kept working hard.

"There was a bit of a stand-off between the clubs for a while over compensation and that could have dragged on with tribunals and all the rest.

"But at some point someone is going to have to compromise and make a sacrifice and I'm the one who did that.

"I've almost bent over backwards to be here. Once I got the chance, I was adamant I wanted to be at Rangers and I can't thank the people around me enough for helping me get here.

"Now I'm ready to play if the manager needs me. I'll do that any time and although I'm a bit behind the boys, I'll do my best and give my all."

[move] :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: GTF :wanker: :wanker: :wanker:[/move]

Fucking hell Rangers have sank to a new low! He was rarely good enough for us.

Agreed, new low not only in terms of taking on aluko, but ffs allowing the boy to pay his own fee.

What it does show however is just how fucking skint they really are, and also that all this posturing about legal action to contest Aberdeen being entitled to a fee, was just that and maybe for once we might have just known what we were speaking about.

"I could have waited and challenged Aberdeen through the courts. I could have gone down the legal route or taken it to a tribunal and fought my cause there.

"And I believe we would have won because I had a very strong case.

"The bottom line is I came through the youth system at Birmingham. Aberdeen bought me and put me straight into their side. I made my debut in the UEFA Cup. I'm sure I would have won the case.

"But that could have taken weeks to sort out, possibly months. By the time it was sorted this chance might have gone and all I want to do is play football. I'm fed up waiting around."

A far greater emotional investment was also being made in him as he thrashed out the deal to save his footballing soul from the fiery pits of Pittodrie.

And he will never forget it. Aluko continued: "It's quite simple - I couldn't have done it on my own.

"There must be about 10 other people - from family and friends - who have helped to make this possible. They should all be wearing a Rangers shirt for what they have done to get me here.

"But I'm the lucky one. It's up to me to wear that shirt for them and to make the most of it. Yes, I have done my bit on the training ground over the last few days and in the trial match. But this deal would not have been done unless I had the support of people who believe in me.

"I am eternally grateful to all of them. Right now I feel very blessed."

This overwhelming sense of joy outweighs any resentment Aluko might feel towards his former club even though he claims he was threatened with being put out of the game for life unless Aberdeen were paid off in full.

He said: "Aberdeen have their own club to look after and I understand that. There was no moral obligation for them to do the right thing for me.

"They looked after themselves and I did what I did to look after myself. There is no bad feeling on my part.

"But some of the comments were a little disappointing. Stuff like: 'Well, you'll have to retire or go and play amateur football.' That kind of thing took me by surprise because I always felt I had a good relationship with the people at the club.

"But it is what it is. Once I knew that was the way they wanted to deal with it, at least I knew what I had to do to make this deal happen."

And, after a whirlwind 48 hours, Aluko and all his helpers had finally sealed one of the most remarkable deals our game has seen. He now has the next six months to make it worth everyone's while, first by forcing his way into Ally McCoist's first-team plans and then by triggering a bumper two-year extension.

He said: "People said I didn't want to play football. Well, I think I've put that to bed now. Maybe people will realise how much the game means to me.

"I'm just looking forward to getting out there. I might not have been born in Scotland but you only need to live up here for five minutes to know all about the size and history of this club. They pull in 50,000 supporters for every home game and have a global fan base.

"It's the type of club you dream of playing for. Even in Nigeria, the people know about Rangers and Celtic. So it's a dream for me to call myself a Rangers player. And that's why I'm willing to sacrifice a lot to make it happen.

Jesus fuck!

Reading that you'd think we'd locked him in a basement or wrecked his career.  Without us he wouldn't be getting his 'dream move'.

Hope it turns into a real life nightmare.

As soon as HMRC get the finger out and put the cunts into administration it will do.

Rangers did not pay a penny of the compensation due to Aberdeen for midfielder Sone Aluko, with the player and his family covering half of the £150,000 fee and his agents covering the rest. (Daily Mail)

So, strictly speaking the hun down't own him............?

Shades of Tevez at West Ham?

thought FIFA UEFA banned all that shite?