Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Sunday evening rant: Stand free? More like care free

mizer

Does anyone give a fuck about the doldrums we are in at the moment?

I don't (Im using work as an excuse), almost all of the dons fans I know don't, the fans in general don't (going on attendance figures), the players clearly don't, the management team don't seem to, the directors of the club clearly dont give a flying fuck out with their lego building and finally the hacks in the press don't give a fuck/don't want to criticise CB/are happy we are shite so keeping quiet.

I have been bribed into going next week by a £10 ticket and an easy trip across town to Leith, but I do not expect anything but a poor performance and defeat. I will be in a small crowd of disillusioned fans and a small crowd of fanatical fans devoid of reality and common sense who at this moment are voting for Derek Young as player of the season.

We need to get our act together and express our anger rather at this situation rather than apathy - otherwise this will be the same next season and we will be as much to blame as anyone on the park or at the club.

Who the hell is voting as deek as the player of the season? I still hold him as one of the reasons we lost to septic in the first semi final. But overall, I don't think many folk hold the club in the same regard as it was once held. Years of mismanagement have finally reaped what they intended to sow. A passive and disillusioned support.

I think it's just a case of end of season syndrome. We have absolutely nothing to play for, and about 75% of our starting 11 from Saturday appear to have stopped playing because they know they are leaving. This season has just been utter shite, there is honestly not a single positive I could take from it. I've also been 'tricked' into going to the game next week, being easily seduced by the cheap tickets. Once the season is over we can start to look forward to next season.

A couple of weeks not seeing us lose coupled with a couple of half decent signings and i'm sure me, you and many other Dons fans will be back again for more disappointment.

Derek Young player of the season? No chance. But then who really has been our best player? Fuck knows.

COYR!

Does anyone give a fuck about the doldrums we are in at the moment?

I don't (Im using work as an excuse), almost all of the dons fans I know don't, the fans in general don't (going on attendance figures), the players clearly don't, the management team don't seem to, the directors of the club clearly dont give a flying fuck out with their lego building and finally the hacks in the press don't give a fuck/don't want to criticise CB/are happy we are shite so keeping quiet.

I have been bribed into going next week by a £10 ticket and an easy trip across town to Leith, but I do not expect anything but a poor performance and defeat. I will be in a small crowd of disillusioned fans and a small crowd of fanatical fans devoid of reality and common sense who at this moment are voting for Derek Young as player of the season.

We need to get our act together and express our anger rather at this situation rather than apathy - otherwise this will be the same next season and we will be as much to blame as anyone on the park or at the club.

Care free is the London Huns version, so let's hope it is not that...

I stopped caring about this season a while ago.  And all those folk you say don't care about it probably don't; but what is there to care about in meaningless games where our players are playing out the season thinking about playing next season in a different jersey?  You can argue there are no meaningless games etc but if you do, you'll send yourself up the fucking wall unless you honestly think making it into the top six by the skin of our teeth is something to care about.

Let it play out. See how we line up for next season. If you don't like the look of that, get angry then and do something positive about it then. Until then, girn and bear it if you're "bribed" into a ticket for a match. I doubt i'll even be checking the scores.

I've seen more seasons come and go than most on here.

Frankly I just can't wait for this one to end.

Have seen us in worse positions than this such as '95, but never have I lacked the enthusiasm for all things AFC that I have now. If i'm honest I can't even be bothered posting on here about us. There are many times I wish I was back in Aberdeen for ease of getting ot the games, but right now I'm thankful that I'm three hours away and got an easy excuse to avoid going. At least my golf is looking up owing to the amount of time I'm able to spend on the course :thumbsup:

Going to be a massive rebuilding job on the park over the close season. I just hope that the board eventually get the message that our club is dieing a slow and painful death and waken up and take action before it is too late or the statistic of never having been relegated will soon no longer be there.

Going on an early summer holiday at the end of the month. Hope to come back to some positive signing news

I doubt i'll even be checking the scores.

I seldom do these days.

Usually when I do get round to checking the score that'll be the first I know of who the opposition was.

"A new season"...... "a clear out of players"....... "seven new players coming in"........ "the manager is going to have a busy summer"........ "performances unacceptable"....... "can't wait til this season is over".

I've heard them all before.

Nothing changes.

Well, except the players who get worse each season and the manager who just appear to be the next fall guy in waiting.

If the guy at the top isn't bothered then why the fuck should I be?

My level of apathy at the current situation has reached an all time high. I'm a season ticket holder and I'm currently not bothering going to games. Whether it's the fact that we have nothing to play for, that this season we have lurched from one catastrophe to the next or whether I cannot stomach cheering on that bunch of useless, gutless thiefs, I don't know. Probably a bit of all these. I'm in summer mode, I have actually forgotten there has been football on, it hasn't even come into my thinking, let alone actually deciding to go to the game.

However, I am sure my passion will return come next season.

OK. I know i live 12000 miles away,but i stay up for most games and i spend plenty on line on Dons merchandise. I have been a Aberdeen fan since the 70's. If we come last in Division 3 i will still support the team. I know it's hard to be motivated at the moment but we have to take good with bad and if you look over our history it's manly bad. If you want a team that wins most of the time away and support the OF.  :wave:

STANDFREE!!

Aberdeen until i Die! :ultras:

I've seen more seasons come and go than most on here.

Frankly I just can't wait for this one to end.

Have seen us in worse positions than this such as '95, but never have I lacked the enthusiasm for all things AFC that I have now. If i'm honest I can't even be bothered posting on here about us. There are many times I wish I was back in Aberdeen for ease of getting ot the games, but right now I'm thankful that I'm three hours away and got an easy excuse to avoid going. At least my golf is looking up owing to the amount of time I'm able to spend on the course :thumbsup:

Going to be a massive rebuilding job on the park over the close season. I just hope that the board eventually get the message that our club is dieing a slow and painful death and waken up and take action before it is too late or the statistic of never having been relegated will soon no longer be there.

Going on an early summer holiday at the end of the month. Hope to come back to some positive signing news

Same as me - in 1995 I had a baby and only made one game that season - Tynecastle at a match we had to win to not get relegated and I would have been devastated if we had lost

This season I have 3 teenagers and have only been to one game - Hampden for a semi against a team that had destroyed us a few weeks previously and I knew we were beaten before we kicked a ball

Last Saturday I was at the rugby 7s and nearly forgot to check the score - this Saturday I am at Grease with the girls so thankfully will not have to go to ER with my Hibs mate

Never in my 31 years of supporting the dons have I been this apathetic  - I hope it doesn't last

Same as me - in 1995 I had a baby and only made one game that season - Tynecastle at a match we had to win to not get relegated and I would have been devastated if we had lost

This season I have 3 teenagers and have only been to one game - Hampden for a semi against a team that had destroyed us a few weeks previously and I knew we were beaten before we kicked a ball

Last Saturday I was at the rugby 7s and nearly forgot to check the score - this Saturday I am at Grease with the girls so thankfully will not have to go to ER with my Hibs mate

Never in my 31 years of supporting the dons have I been this apathetic  - I hope it doesn't last

Do you take your daughters to games yet? How old is the oldest one?  16?

Yeah I echo the comments made by others.  I was going to say I can't wait for the season to be over, but to be honest I don't really care.  I've not been to the last few home games and like others have said in previous posts even forgot there was a game on last night.  The first I knew of it was when my boyfriend (who incidentally doesn't like football) came home from work at 11pm and said "ah well I see you lost again".  Only time will tell if as in previous seasons when the letter drops on the mat regarding renewing my season ticket I am almost first in the queue to renew or whether this year I actually don't bother.  There's only so much crap football a person can sit and watch in the freezing cold that is the south stand at Pittodrie.

:(