Looking ahead

Ok so thank fuck the season is over and we can really start to look to next season.  Theres clearly going to be a change in personell so realistically which players do YOU think we should be signing or at least approaching.  

I'm interested in imrie and cerny at hamilton, possibly neil as well but would need assurances about fitness.  Rooneys contract is up at ict and would have him in a second.  Scott boyd at county could be worth taking in for the defence but given there would be a fee involved i doubt it will happen.  Would really like stevie smith but norwich would have to release him for this to happen.  Another f/b that can play either side would def be advisable though.  More than anything we need someone with a bit of guile in midfield.  Who this is though i have no idea.......

Overall i think the minumum we need is a goalie, 2 fullbacks, 1 centre half, 1 attacking midfielder, 1 wide player and 1 striker

Minimum  

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cerny I'd have no problem with, although I think we could be more likely to end up with Paul Gallagher who I believe is out of contract at St Midden.

Imrie, not really sure about tbh

See press are reporting that we're after Dailly and Davidson ???

Cerny I'd have no problem with, although I think we could be more likely to end up with Paul Gallagher who I believe is out of contract at St Midden.

Imrie, not really sure about tbh

See press are reporting that we're after Dailly and Davidson ???

What age are they now? Surely Dailly packed it in a long time ago?

Maybe it's just the press thinking of Brown's Scotland squads and putting two and two together. I certainly hope so.

What age are they now? Surely Dailly packed it in a long time ago?

Maybe it's just the press thinking of Brown's Scotland squads and putting two and two together. I certainly hope so.

Dailly is thirty eight and Davidson is thirty five.

Think it was Craig Brown that signed Davidson for PNE ???

Deary me.

Dailly is fucking gash. He was way past it (if he ever had it) when he was at the huns. Where is he playing now?

Charlton......and sorry did him an injustice. He isn't thirty eight until October this year

Signing Dailly wouldn't do much for my optimism levels, but I guess you could point at David Weir as an example of how useful experience can be - and CD is only a wee boy compared to Weir.  Let's face it he can't be any worse than Diamond.

But I fear the awful reality is we wouldn't even be able to lure my name sake Christian to Pittodrie, even if we did want him.

Signing Dailly wouldn't do much for my optimism levels, but I guess you could point at David Weir as an example of how useful experience can be - and CD is only a wee boy compared to Weir.  Let's face it he can't be any worse than Diamond.

But I fear the awful reality is we wouldn't even be able to lure my name sake Christian to Pittodrie, even if we did want him.

Agree on both, guess you've just got to trust Broon really.